• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Kate Mara on Life, Death, and Her Devotion to the Giants

hLDI1Kwl.jpg

Not that she seems down. There's a steady hum to her cadence. "It was kind of crazy. I'm here doing a little Fantastic Four press. I went to the Met [Costume Gala], and I planned on going to see my family for two nights. The day I got there, the dog passed. I felt lucky to be there."

I will say this from the previews this movie looks a million times better than the new Terminator.

Doctor Doom actually looks good. hm

I have a weird feeling this movie isn't going to back fire and Marvel is now that much further away from getting the movie rights back for FF.

I'm with you on this one... I am really looking forward to seeing this movie and I certainly think it will be better than the so called internet critics would have us belief.

In all honesty I have never seen such negativity about a film and most of it started before a single shot had been seen. (shrug) It's almost like once people started being negative they couldn't stoop no matter what Fox through our way.

Personally I like to wait till I see a movie before I judge

This movie was suppose to be Chronicle 2,and was written for Michael B. Jordan to be the star.

They turned it into a FF movie.

There was no great vision about this being a FF MOVIE.

It was just made so the rights wouldn`t revert back to Marvel.

That`s why people haven`t been going ga-ga over it.

Sounds like a second class way to treat an iconic franchise like Fantastic Four.

_1435760124.gif

Will someone please get some shorts for the thing.

+1

I really did not want to know that the cosmic rays eliminated his manhood. I preferred the mystery that making some little rocky Grimms was still possible. :blush:

I really did not want to know that the cosmic rays eliminated his manhood. I preferred the mystery that making some little rocky Grimms was still possible. :blush:

It's not only possible, but it happened.

Brothers_Grimm_%28Earth-9997%29.jpg

Did you forget about Buzz and Chuck? :)

So the Thing did do the wild thing in the comics?

I don't remember any of that.

Earth X. If you haven't read it, it's spectacular.

What, the sex?

:blush:

I will say this from the previews this movie looks a million times better than the new Terminator.

Doctor Doom actually looks good. hm

I have a weird feeling this movie isn't going to back fire and Marvel is now that much further away from getting the movie rights back for FF.

I'm with you on this one... I am really looking forward to seeing this movie and I certainly think it will be better than the so called internet critics would have us belief.

In all honesty I have never seen such negativity about a film and most of it started before a single shot had been seen. (shrug) It's almost like once people started being negative they couldn't stoop no matter what Fox through our way.

Personally I like to wait till I see a movie before I judge

This movie was suppose to be Chronicle 2,and was written for Michael B. Jordan to be the star.

They turned it into a FF movie.

There was no great vision about this being a FF MOVIE.

It was just made so the rights wouldn`t revert back to Marvel.

That`s why people haven`t been going ga-ga over it.

Sounds like a second class way to treat an iconic franchise like Fantastic Four.

And you know this to be fact? Can I get links to where the studio etc has said all this?

Even if you're true, and you may well be, then you really should still wait till you've seen the movie to judge. Chronicle was great and you never know treating an iconic franchise that has struggled to find it's place in this modern Comic/TV world in this way may well be the best thing for it! :facepalm:

Male lead? Miles Teller? Michael B. Jordan? Neither of those guys has a blockbuster under their belt.

Opens in August....

If this movies breaks $200M (and with the reshoots and additional advertising, it's budget will be at least that) it will be a miracle.

Let's see, rewind to Spring 1977 ... Mark Hamil. Harrison Ford. Carrie Fisher. Yeah, crash-and-burn.

Look, I'm not saying the new FF film will be a blockbuster, but the casting (unlike the 2007/2009 films) isn't going to be the issue on this incarnation. Let's see how good of a story we get and how Trank pulls it all together.

Male lead? Miles Teller? Michael B. Jordan? Neither of those guys has a blockbuster under their belt.

Opens in August....

If this movies breaks $200M (and with the reshoots and additional advertising, it's budget will be at least that) it will be a miracle.

Let's see, rewind to Spring 1977 ... Mark Hamil. Harrison Ford. Carrie Fisher. Yeah, crash-and-burn.

Look, I'm not saying the new FF film will be a blockbuster, but the casting (unlike the 2007/2009 films) isn't going to be the issue on this incarnation. Let's see how good of a story we get and how Trank pulls it all together.

Exactly! :applause:

_1435760124.gif

Will someone please get some shorts for the thing.

+1

Maybe it's like a doggie weiner? Think push-pop.

Opens in August....

The previews actually made people want to go see it. This movie isn't doing that. More than half the people that saw a Star Wars trailer on TV didn't say, "That looks like it sucks."

Doesn't matter how good of a story it is, if no one goes to see it. It could be the greatest story in the world. Critics could love it. It might be the best film of all time.

The trailers are turning people off.

If you can't market a movie, you can't sell a movie.

Opens in August....

The previews actually made people want to go see it. This movie isn't doing that. More than half the people that saw a Star Wars trailer on TV didn't say, "That looks like it sucks."

Doesn't matter how good of a story it is, if no one goes to see it. It could be the greatest story in the world. Critics could love it. It might be the best film of all time.

OK, no issue with your view on the trailers, but I'm glad the discussion has moved away from the casting of less-than-well-known actors, because the casting alone won't doom this movie -- assuming it's a flop.

Opens in August....

OK, no issue with your view on the trailers, but I'm glad the discussion has moved away from the casting of less-than-well-known actors, because the casting alone won't doom this movie -- assuming it's a flop.

I agree, the casting alone won't do it.

Might not help, but....

I know Star Wars had a young cast, but it at least had some well known veteran actors like Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing in it...I mean, that's some pretty top notch talent there, and in the case of Guinness, he played a large role in the movie.... really the most well known adult actor in this movie is Reg E. Cathey, and he's a great veteran actor, but I'm not sure he's in the same class as those two guys.

My thinking is - if you want a BLOCKBUSTER.... you can't cater your movie to too young of an audience... this movie looks like a FOX TV show as much as a major film release, and as a movie it looks more like Divergent or Insurgent or whatever than it does a Guardians of the Galaxy.

Those two movies did 150M and 130M, aimed at the young adult crowd.

GOTG put a 70's Soundtrack in there (not a hip hop soundtrack like we're hearing in the FF trailers), and look at how much the 45 and up non-comic males liked that movie. How much ADULTS liked that movie.

Marvel Studios.... they seem to know what they're doing....

For the most part, it does. But when it allows itself to stray away from its success mold (The Incredible Hulk -script being redone by the actor; Captain America: The First Avenger having all that super-advanced Hydra technology that would have won the war), it doesn't keep audiences as excited. And the box office results proved that out.

Even the second Thor movie is such I probably wouldn't purchase the DVD or Blu-Ray because it was throwaway material compared to the heart and soul that was put into the first Thor movie. Marvel should have figured out how to keep Kenneth Branagh involved with the second film. That closing scene in the first Thor where he asks Heimdall if Jane was okay - it made you really feel for both characters. That's part of the movie magic they need to maintain. Make you want to see more of the characters, and see where they are heading.

For the most part, it does. But when it allows itself to stray away from its success mold (The Incredible Hulk -script being redone by the actor; Captain America: The First Avenger having all that super-advanced Hydra technology that would have won the war), it doesn't keep audiences as excited. And the box office results proved that out.

:applause:

(thumbs u

Terrible plot point for future films.

Even the second Thor movie is such I probably wouldn't purchase the DVD or Blu-Ray because it was throwaway material compared to the heart and soul that was put into the first Thor movie. Marvel should have figured out how to keep Kenneth Branagh involved with the second film. That closing scene in the first Thor where he asks Heimdall if Jane was okay - it made you really feel for both characters. That's part of the movie magic they need to maintain. Make you want to see more of the characters, and see where they are heading.
Loved how he got back to Earth in The Avengers and totally dodged Jane (this is where someone on here is gonna remind me about Coulson telling Thor she is alright). Portman must have been locked in some kind of contract to appear. I mean she could have showed up to help him "lift his hammer" again before the climax. It really blunted their romantic arc going into the second Thor movie too. I agree with you, I was rooting for them to get back together as the ending in Thor 1 was a surprisingly welcome downer, but full of "human" hope (lacking in most Marvel movies) through their desire for one another.

Josh Trank says fan scrutiny made him bow out of Star Wars spin-off

“I want to do something original after this because I’ve been living under public scrutiny, as you’ve seen, for the last four years of my life,” he told Josh Rottenberg of The Los Angeles Times. “And it’s not healthy for me right now in my life. I want to do something that’s below the radar.”

What does that mean? His Fantastic Four movie will roll into theaters on Aug. 7 amid stories of chaos behind the scenes, including clashes with co-writer and producer Simon Kinberg, part of the story braintrust at Lucasfilm, who is also involved in the spin-off film Trank was attached to make.

The Los Angeles Times interview was conducted with Kinberg sitting beside Trank, and he’s quoted saying the reports of Trank’s exit are “particularly cruel. I haven’t really seen this level of vehemence against a filmmaker. And it’s surreal and unfair.”

When you read the comments section of the article, readers posting their opinions justify some of the statements.

Liar! He was fired.

Josh Trank was fired from Star Wars. Four years on a probably failed movie made this happen. And maybe his drug habit and bad casting.

BTW: Boycott the Fantastic Four Film.

I heard rumors of drug use while he was shooting Fantastic Four. Anyone know if this is a rumor or something more?

So, Trank is a thin skinned baby, a liar and a hot head who can't handle pressure. Good luck with your career.

It's like a scene out of Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

"That's not what I said!"