• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

The tone of the TV spot trailers definitely changed. I wonder if there is some overreaction to the comic fan backlash.

Better they remain fairly consistent with the marketing messaging and tone.

I know it's been said many times, many ways, but... these last couple of trailers look like a TV series my kid would watch on Nickelodeon. :(

It`s for a younger crowd. It`s being aimed at the TMNT and SpongeBob crowd. :o

That`s why so many comic book fans are not getting excited about it.

To go from watching Netflix Daredevil to this new FF movie will be quite a change of pace.

Nothing wrong with it being aimed at a younger crowd, but a lot of FF fans don`t want that. That`s were the disappointment comes from.

Aren't the crimes that Marvel comics has committed against the FF greater than anything that's happened in this movie?

What I don't get though: Reed Richards, Sue, and their daughter are major players in Secret Wars. I'm not sure how they come out of Secret Wars without a title...

Ben Grimm is in the Guardians of the Galaxy (fact)

Human Torch is in the Inhumans (fact)

Reed Richards is dead (guess)

Evil Reed Richards has the Hulk's body (guess)

Sue Richards is in the... uh.... I forgot.... I think she's also joining another team....

It all paves the way for this movie to fail miserably, Fox to sell the rights back to Marvel, Reed shows back up in the comic, the team gets back together, a new #1 sells huge numbers, and then Marvel makes the Galactus trilogy movie that we've all been waiting for.

I'm not sure Evil Reed needs a new body...

Isn't Reed part of The Illuminati?

Evil Reed will be the new Marvel Universe's greatest villain. In the Hulk's body, he'll be virtually unstoppable.

I don't disagree and it is an intriguing idea. Why are you thinking he ends up in Hulk's body though?

Could he end up as Doom? That would be intriguing too.

Aren't the crimes that Marvel comics has committed against the FF greater than anything that's happened in this movie?

What I don't get though: Reed Richards, Sue, and their daughter are major players in Secret Wars. I'm not sure how they come out of Secret Wars without a title...

Ben Grimm is in the Guardians of the Galaxy (fact)

Human Torch is in the Inhumans (fact)

Reed Richards is dead (guess)

Evil Reed Richards has the Hulk's body (guess)

Sue Richards is in the... uh.... I forgot.... I think she's also joining another team....

It all paves the way for this movie to fail miserably, Fox to sell the rights back to Marvel, Reed shows back up in the comic, the team gets back together, a new #1 sells huge numbers, and then Marvel makes the Galactus trilogy movie that we've all been waiting for.

I'm not sure Evil Reed needs a new body...

Isn't Reed part of The Illuminati?

Evil Reed will be the new Marvel Universe's greatest villain. In the Hulk's body, he'll be virtually unstoppable.

I don't disagree and it is an intriguing idea. Why are you thinking he ends up in Hulk's body though?

Could he end up as Doom? That would be intriguing too.

Marvel is playing up the fact that in October (The New Marvel) Bruce Banner is no longer the Hulk and someone else is... only they're keeping it a secret.

The tone of the TV spot trailers definitely changed. I wonder if there is some overreaction to the comic fan backlash.

Yeah, I thought it was about being 'edgy'.

That last trailer was aimed at the Spy Kids kind of crowd. they even got a different voice over guy, the one who does kids movies, "Imagine a world.... where any power is at your finger tips!"

This thing is a mess.

Yeah, I thought it was about being 'edgy'.

That last trailer was aimed at the Spy Kids kind of crowd. they even got a different voice over guy, the one who does kids movies, "Imagine a world.... where any power is at your finger tips!"

This thing is a mess.

Puntastic!

These new trailers are really disappointing me. I was on board with this movie when there were only 2 trailers and it looked like it was going to be quite dark. Now, they have completely turned it around and started throwing in rap songs in the trailer and showing all these light and funny moments. I thought a dark Ultimate FF movie would be awesome, but it doesn't quite look like it is going to be that way anymore.

I'm still not sure what to expect on this one -- the tone of it feels like it's all over the place. I don't mind light and funny given that the FF has always had great humor, but none (and I mean none) of the "jokes" in this latest set of trailers is funny. And it's painful to watch the actors on screen laughing at them as a way to tell us they're funny.

I'm definitely going to need to see a bunch of reviews before seeing this one in the theatre.

Dan

It's got a new Tom Cruise/Jeremy Renner 'Mission Impossible' movie one week before it opens, Jason Bateman's Psycho-thriller 'The Gift' the week it opens, 'Straight Out of Compton the week AFTER it opens, and 'Hitman: Agent 47' two weeks after it opens.

There's your 45 and up Males and your 25 and under audience.

Maybe they figure kids are the way to go.

This movie is starting to look like that guy that suggested Spidey snapchat circles & him jamming to EDM and all that other garbage is the one in charge. It's a mess.

and on the issue of the new Hulk... I'm still sticking with Amadeus Cho as the New Awesome Hulk.

These recent trailers have moved me from the theater line to the Netflix queue...maybe.

Agreed.

The more they show the less likely it will change minds.

You can`t force someone to like something.

First impressions are huge, and unfortunately this FF movie didn`t leave a good first impression.

It is what it is.

Let`s get ready for Star Wars.

:cloud9:

Well, in fairness, I was pretty "meh" on the early stuff from Ant Man but in the past week or so, they've been knocking everything out of the park & getting me on board. So FOX still does have a chance to make me care about FF.

Only problem is, while Ant Man went from "meh" to "ok, this really does look pretty cool" to "I definitely want to see it" in a progressively more positive light, Fox has kinda gone from "meh" to "oh god, that doesn't look very good at all" to "this looks terrible" and now has an uphill battle just to get back to "meh" from me.

Well, in fairness, I was pretty "meh" on the early stuff from Ant Man but in the past week or so, they've been knocking everything out of the park & getting me on board. So FOX still does have a chance to make me care about FF.

Only problem is, while Ant Man went from "meh" to "ok, this really does look pretty cool" to "I definitely want to see it" in a progressively more positive light, Fox has kinda gone from "meh" to "oh god, that doesn't look very good at all" to "this looks terrible" and now has an uphill battle just to get back to "meh" from me.

Exact same feeling I've been having. l wasn't originally going to see Ant-man, but the trailers really have made this a must se for me whereas f4 has just repulsed me.