• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I just got back and took my 13 year old girl and her best friend. The best friend who doesn't know superheroes at all, thought it was really good and all the way home were trying to come up with superhero names.

I thought it was actually really good. Something I've wanted to see for a long time, an hour and a half origin story, that actually made sense followed by a fifteen minute "big fight" by somebody who actually had reason and motivation to be pizzed off.

I can see why others might not like it, if you want action followed by more action. It was also quite dark too.

Jim

Have I ever asked you how you feel about the two Ghost Rider movies? :baiting:

They are awful but don't take my word for it...my top 5 superhero movies of all time are

1) Daredevil

2) Guardians

3) Winter Soldier

4) Age of Ultron

5) Spidey

So what do I know. :sorry:

Jim

Edited by Guardian Comics

I just got back and took my 13 year old girl and her best friend. The best friend who doesn't know superheroes at all, thought it was really good and all the way home were trying to come up with superhero names.

I thought it was actually really good. Something I've wanted to see for a long time, an hour and a half origin story, that actually made sense followed by a fifteen minute "big fight" by somebody who actually had reason and motivation to be pizzed off.

I can see why others might not like it, if you want action followed by more action. It was also quite dark too.

Jim

Have I ever asked you how you feel about the two Ghost Rider movies? :baiting:

They are awful but don't take my word for it...my top 5 superhero movies of all time are

1) Daredevil

2) Guardians

3) Winter Soldier

4) Age of Ultron

5) Spidey

So what do I know. :sorry:

Jim

I got your back, Jim. Who needs critics do decide which movies are best? I loved AoU. (thumbs u

Damn. That didn't take long. Opening night and Trank is already talking smack...

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/fantastic-four-director-swears-hes-021200954.html

For real? Already trying to distance himself from this before it even opens in all theaters is a hell of a bad sign. I mean shouldn't he wait at least till after the weekend box office numbers are in? I mean it being the american public this abomination could still rake in big box office bucks, unless he knows something we don't.

And now the most damning review of Fantastic Four comes from the director himself...

it was captured and posted by this twitter handle and he later remarks that it was deleted.

https://twitter.com/mistertodd

yahoo is reporting that tweet as well HERE

CLxUnmgUkAA3BF_.png

Edited by Buzzetta

And now the most damning review of Fantastic Four comes from the director himself...

it was captured and posted by this twitter handle and he later remarks that it was deleted.

https://twitter.com/mistertodd

yahoo is reporting that tweet as well HERE

CLxUnmgUkAA3BF_.png

He's not going to direct a sequel,so he can whatever he wants.

Jim

So I just left the theater myself unlike my friends who were pissed Johnny Storm was black and the liberties that could be seen taken just by watching the previews. I was excited by the previews.

I would say the problematic reviews for this film is simply this film was not made for critics just like the Transformers films. This film was made with a young college to high school audience so this is a type of film critics just love to hate.

The film is essentially a remake of Real Genius with superheroes in it.

Overall simple, fun, and straight forward to watch. What I liked about this film no long drawn out character developments that extend the movie to over 2 and half hours.

The big fight sequence needs a little more time with Dr. Doom he came and went in the film fast.

Only other complaint I am not sure how long it is going to take me getting over seeing The Thing's big orange rock hard balls in the film.

This film is the best Fantastic Four film ever made and beats the first Avengers in my book.

Will I buy the film when it comes out? Sure

Would I see a sequel? Yes

Edited by Goldeneye

Jim

So I just left the theater myself unlike my friends who were pissed Johnny Storm was black and the liberties they could be seen taken just by watching the previews I was excited by the previews.

I would say the problematic reviews for this film is simply this film was not made for critics like the Transformers films. This film was made with a young college to high school audience so must critics will just hate.

So why not call it Real Genius instead of Fantastic 4? If this was a reboot of real genius it *might* get better reviews, but Fox in their infinite wisdom calls it the Fantastic 4. So of course people/critics/fans are gonna be pissed when they get RG instead of F4.

Are we forgetting there was a Howard the Duck movie that did very bad?

At least Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner were hot.

Halle and Jen may have been hot....but Howard had Lea.

JpDAQRl.jpg

So, winner.

Lea Thompson was groundbreaking. Thompson's efforts paved the way so Heidi Klum could marry a Seal.

Furthermore who are these critics anyway?

Christy Lemire

ChristyLemire.com

Josh Terry

Deseret News, Salt Lake City

Brad Keefe

Columbus Alive

Bruce Bennett

Spectrum (St. George, Utah)

Robert Roten

Laramie Movie Scope

Those are all Chuck Gower.

lol

Jim

So I just left the theater myself unlike my friends who were pissed Johnny Storm was black and the liberties they could be seen taken just by watching the previews I was excited by the previews.

I would say the problematic reviews for this film is simply this film was not made for critics like the Transformers films. This film was made with a young college to high school audience so must critics will just hate.

So why not call it Real Genius instead of Fantastic 4? If this was a reboot of real genius it *might* get better reviews, but Fox in their infinite wisdom calls it the Fantastic 4. So of course people/critics/fans are gonna be pissed when they get RG instead of F4.

Oh wait so you want them to follow the same story every time with exact character representations from the comics. Why make a new film if your going to stick to the same -script?

They went with a fresh new take and I liked it. If you have not seen the film yet don't talk until you do.

This film is the best Fantastic Four film ever made and beats the first Avengers in my book.

You need to stop buying your drugs from the guy behind the Dairy Queen...

I can respect that. We all have our preferences. I put Winter Soldier way above both Avengers and just in front of the first Iron Man and Guardians of the G. And I'm not a Cap fan. At all.

You, sir, are clearly buying higher quality stuff. (thumbs u

WS and GotG I think are two of the best so far.

Even if I end up being entertained by this new FF, in no alternate dimension can I see it being better than Avengers

You need to stop buying your drugs from the guy behind the Dairy Queen...

I can respect that. We all have our preferences. I put Winter Soldier way above both Avengers and just in front of the first Iron Man and Guardians of the G. And I'm not a Cap fan. At all.

You, sir, are clearly buying higher quality stuff. (thumbs u

WS and GotG I think are two of the best so far.

Even if I end up being entertained by this new FF, in no alternate dimension can I see it being better than Avengers

In my book some of the scenes in the other films in the MCU led me to believe they were assembling a team to take out the Hulk in what I would call a World War Hulk type setup. Instead they do not use the Hulk correctly in my book my favorite character after Daredevil so I just don't like the film.

Winter Soldier is the best MCU film followed closely by Guardians and a toss up between Ultron and the first Iron Man

Edited by Goldeneye

Jim

Oh wait so you want them to follow the same story every time with exact character representations from the comics. Why make a new film if your going to stick to the same -script?

They went with a fresh new take and I liked it. If you have not seen the film yet don't talk until you do.

You yourself said it was more RG than F4 so why would I want to see Real Genius redux? If you are trying to sell me on this flick you are not doing a great job.