• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Comic Book / Sci Fi Movies that were reviewed more favorably on Rotten Tomatoes than Fantastic Four (2015);

Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie 1997:

All critics 17% Top Critics 25% Audience 41% LINK

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 2012:

All critics 17% Top Critics 22% Audience 32% LINK

There are more but I don't want to spoil all of your fun in discovering it on your own.

Spirit of vengeance was my least favorite SH movie ever... Pixels was also rated higher than FF... So yeah... Sandler for the win-ish.

Here's and idea. Why not cut Bosco685 some slack? From where I sit the guy is practically working here for free, keeping numerous threads updated for our collective viewing pleasure.

And Bosco685 isn't the 1st, and certainly won't be the last, to get crosswise with Gower. Right? So how bad a sin can it be, really?

Here's an idea: why don't we all learn to not take things personally here, and not turn simple disagreements into personal problems with others? That would solve a multitude of these issues.

After all...Gower isn't the first, and won't be the last, to get crosswise with Bosco. Right?

The solution is right there, just waiting to be grasped: if we all just stopped talking mess about each other, and disciplined ourselves to not take shots at each other, overlook shots taken at us, and to forgive, 98% of this bickering would vanish. Learning how to accept criticism and disagreement without our feelings getting hurt would be a tremendous benefit.

If someone disagrees with you, it's not the end of the world. Really, it's not.

Here's and idea. Why not cut Bosco685 some slack? From where I sit the guy is practically working here for free, keeping numerous threads updated for our collective viewing pleasure.

And Bosco685 isn't the 1st, and certainly won't be the last, to get crosswise with Gower. Right? So how bad a sin can it be, really?

Uh....

Not the first person to butt heads with Bosco either, so....

Here's an idea: why don't we all learn to not take things personally here, and not turn simple disagreements into personal problems with others? That would solve a multitude of these issues.

After all...Gower isn't the first, and won't be the last, to get crosswise with Bosco. Right?

The solution is right there, just waiting to be grasped: if we all just stopped talking mess about each other, and disciplined ourselves to not take shots at each other, overlook shots taken at us, and to forgive, 98% of this bickering would vanish. Learning how to accept criticism and disagreement without our feelings getting hurt would be a tremendous benefit.

Well said.

Uh....

Not the first person to butt heads with Bosco either, so....

Where it gets old Chuck is when something cools down, and people 'chatting on a chat board' have to bring it up again. I let it go. Moved on to get back to the movie. Yet here come folks bringing it up again to just 'chat on a chat board'. They know what they are doing. And so do others.

And Gower has run into the same situation with others. You are just trying to turn a blind eye to that. And you have too.

So if you are going to preach community goodness - and that is great - recognize the same challenges you have brought to the conversation. And hiding behind 'but I wanted everything factual based on comic book history' is not an excuse.

:foryou:

The positive we can take from this FF movie is now all future comic book movies will use FF as the benchmark of what not to do with iconic comic book characters.

That and ASM2 :baiting:

I laughed out loud in agreement with that!

lol

Well, it looks like ASM 2 at 53% at Rotten Tomatoes looks like a bigger winner than the FF reboot.

I will be seeing this FF reboot in a few days.

The last superhero movie that I didn`t really like was the TMNT reboot last year that did 17%.

For this FF reboot to be ranked lower than that tells me I`m going to be in a for a bad experience.

:eek:

And Gower has run into the same situation with others. You are just trying to turn a blind eye to that. And you have too.

So if you are going to preach community goodness - and that is great - recognize the same challenges you have brought to the conversation. And hiding behind 'but I wanted everything factual based on comic book history' is not an excuse.

When you learn to stop pointing fingers at everyone else, and recognize that you are the one who is the cause of your problems, that you are the perpetrator, rather than the victim (as everyone must come to realize about themselves), things will begin to improve for you in significant ways. I realize that that isn't anything anyone can do on their own, but better things are in store for you when this happens.

Debating the symptoms with you is meaningless when the cause is the real issue.

O'Neill Cinemas in Epping has an interesting event based around the movie's premiere in NH where folks can actually meet real-life heroes in law enforcement and other fields. It's all in memory of fallen NH officer Stephen Arkell (who was fatally shot last year and he left behind two daughters). I thought it was a sincere thing to add to this thread and movie in a positive way. Wish I could find a link, that wasn't tied to Facebook.

When you learn to stop pointing fingers at everyone else, and recognize that you are the one who is the cause of your problems, that you are the perpetrator, rather than the victim (as everyone must come to realize about themselves), things will begin to improve for you in significant ways. I realize that that isn't anything anyone can do on their own, but better things are in store for you when this happens.

Debating the symptoms with you is meaningless when the cause is the real issue.

I hear you. But I also know from first-hand experience how you say one thing, and do another. So please don't attempt to point a finger at me when you have caused much of your own turmoil over the years.

It's being inconsistent, insincere, and preaching just to preach. That isn't 'being a friend' as you stated the other day.

This review actually made me lol

Ms. Mara disappears. Her character also has the power to make other things vanish. I would say she should have exercised it on this movie, but in a week or two that should take care of itself.

A.O. Scott

New York Times

David Spade said something similar about a Steve Martin movie when he was doing his movie reviewer character on SNL. (I think the movie was "leap of faith".) His review went something like this: "I didn't see this movie. I meant to see it, but I was sick that day."