• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Happy birthday, Chuck!

For your birthday, I got you the right to voice your opinion of this film in this thread. (Even though everyone else has enjoyed the same privilege unmolested)

Anyway, hope you like it!

Drama much?

Chuck is the one that made it turn into an explosive event based on stating I was cheerleading for this movie. Nice try, though.

Just like me, none of my friends are interested in seeing this movie in the theater. With a baby at home it's rare I get to the movies anyways so it has to be somethign special. I'll catch it eventually, most likely at redbox, but from what I've seen and heard I don't want to spend the $20 and/or time to go to the theater.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

For your birthday, I got you the right to voice your opinion of this film in this thread. (Even though everyone else has enjoyed the same privilege unmolested)

Drama much?

Chuck is the one that made it turn into an explosive event based on stating I was cheerleading for this movie. Nice try, though.

You have a weird way of saying, "happy birthday".

Happy birthday, Chuck!

Drama much?

You get so fixated on wanting to defend friends, facts go out the window.

I know it's the actor's jobs to help promote the movie and to put a positive spin on it. I'm sure they were all hoping beyond hope that this was going to be a good movie. Heck, until about a week ago I was hoping it would be better than everyone was saying. I wonder how painful it is for them to do these promotion interviews on all the talk shows right now?

I wonder how many weeks before we hear 1 of them talk about the moment they knew they were part of a heaping/steaming pile of ....

I suppose they will probably stay polite because it's not good to burn bridges in Hollywood, but I wonder if we'll start to see eyerolls or forced smiles.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

Drama much?

You get so fixated on wanting to defend friends, facts go out the window.

Chuck's not a friend of mine. We've never even really spoken. I dare say he even knows my name. Those are facts.

You speaking for me and discerning my intent incorrectly is another fact.

I'm just here to wish Chuck a happy birthday.

Ok now here is the real big question...

Is Kevin Feige ok? I am hoping that he did not laugh himself to death.

Kevin Feige isn't laughing. He doesn't want anyone to remember he was an executive producer for the 2005 and 2007 Fantastic Four films, and co-produced Elektra. There is a certain amount of trial and error in getting super hero films right.

By the way, FF now at 11% (Catwoman at 8% still in command for Worst Comic Book Movie of All Time). Ant-Man at 80%.

At least with Catwoman we got to see the beautiful Hale Berry in her costume.

Catwoman_poster.jpg

b7d22923034b1a8df56416927072c395.jpg

Comic Book / Sci Fi Movies that were reviewed more favorably on Rotten Tomatoes than Fantastic Four (2015);

Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie 1997:

All critics 17% Top Critics 25% Audience 41% LINK

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 2012:

All critics 17% Top Critics 22% Audience 32% LINK

There are more but I don't want to spoil all of your fun in discovering it on your own.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

lol

Drama much?

Actually, it was Paperheart that mentioned the pom-poming and you went on the defensive.

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.

I haven't seen this much hate for a movie since Man of Steel when people convinced themselves Superman had never killed someone before. It has that same sense of desire to see the movie fail.

what's w/ incessant pom poming? i haven't seen or heard one thing that indicates this will be any good. i don't buy every single krap comic that comes out because i want to support the hobby. i sure ain't spending my $ at the theater if this looks like it's IM2 or IM3 terrible. give me something of GOTG or Cap:WS quality and i'll happily support it. until evidence otherwise, this has the same stench as ASM2.

You replied with this:

Pom poming? How about it is people posting articles, and right behind that will be the same folks making it clear 'Yeah, when I said I hated it before, I really meant it!'

So no pom-poming. Just observing a lot of hate towards something none of us have seen in its entirety yet.

And then Chuck finally came in with his cheerleading comment:

You seriously can't admit you've been cheerleading for this movie?

And you brandished him as negative. He wasn't negative. He was realistic. Everything about the movie smelled bad from early on.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

AjuV57h.png

lol

And you brandished him as negative. He wasn't negative. He was realistic. Everything about the movie smelled bad from early on.

'Brandished him as negative'? lol

What is it though with folks that SO want this to be a bomb? It's like your greatest wish come true. Because it is produced by Fox? Blame Marvel decisions of the past for that situation.

I haven't seen this much hate for a movie since Man of Steel when people convinced themselves Superman had never killed someone before. It has that same sense of desire to see the movie fail.

Sorry, you are mistaken how this all started off. This was before the agenda, manipulation and other declarations that were more drama than anything else.

You want a piece of that 'stir the pot surprise'?

:grin:

Here's and idea. Why not cut Bosco685 some slack? From where I sit the guy is practically working here for free, keeping numerous threads updated for our collective viewing pleasure.

And Bosco685 isn't the 1st, and certainly won't be the last, to get crosswise with Gower. Right? So how bad a sin can it be, really?

'Brandished him as negative'? lol

You did. You said he was being negative because he was saying negative things about the movie. :facepalm:

Sorry, you are mistaken how this all started off. This was before the agenda, manipulation and other declarations that were more drama than anything else.

What agenda? The movie had stinker written all over it, from the trailer to the numbers to the advertisements to the embargo.

Can't you tell when a movie is going to be a stinker?

Cheerleading is the correct term here. You cheerlead every movie in the hopes it does well, even if they are going to stink.

Happy birthday, Chuck!

AjuV57h.png

lol

On behalf of Chuck, we accept your apology.