• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

After sending an email to select members of the cast days before the movie was released in which he said Fantastic Four was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made," he received a response from one cast member with only: "I don’t think so."

I wonder who the cast member was that said this.

After sending an email to select members of the cast days before the movie was released in which he said Fantastic Four was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made," he received a response from one cast member with only: "I don’t think so."

I wonder who the cast member was that said this.

My bet is/was on Dan Castellaneta. Beyond rich, already super powerful, and has the sense of humor that would reply like that. I can't see it being Miles Teller, if you read his interview, he's so far up his own individual_without_enough_empathy that he doesn't know what is what, plus he's too young to want to burn bridges, he doesn't have the career to do that.

Hah! Hadn't thought of Homer Simpson.

I still bet Miles Teller, though. He's proven to be an arrogant of Russell Crowe-like proportions, but I think he does have the track record to back it up.

If anything, I could see Miles Teller jumping ship on an FF sequel even if Fox does go ahead with it.

Doesn't matter if he's already under contract for an FF 2 -- he has the (post-Whiplash) clout to sue to break it if he thinks the -script is (again) mess.

by now movie goers must think Doom is the only super villain the FF ever fought.

Thanks kind of like Shredder with the TMNT. They've got plenty of villains, but Shredder always gets crammed into the mix.

seriously, screw doom v FF, I'd loooovvvee to see a doom v mephisto for the soul of his mom. No origin story needed. He's just the king of Latveria, he wears a mask, he's got some science and magic powers, he's mostly evil but also mostly cares about his people, and he wants to effff up mephisto....anndddd go!

IF they could ever get the dynamic between team members in the FF right on screen, I think they could operate within the MCU as kind of "above the fray" scientists. Maybe them on one side of the street and the Avengers on the other. I don't know.

But in reality, I don't think Disney's going to approach Fox on this one.

I don't think Disney/Marvel care about the actual FF characters. But they DO want the villains/supporting characters that are attached to the FF contract. Doom, Galactus, Anhilus, Kang, Super-Skrull/Skrull Race, Surfer, etc.

As what, X-Men villains? I don't see what good having the rights to any of those characters does them without a wider array of heroes to pit them against with the exception of Silver Surfer. And even he's only good for at most one solo flick; Surfer is far better as a supporting character than a standalone hero.

Huh? Where did X-Men come into this equation?

I was talking about Marvel/Disney's interest in getting the rights back to the characters in the FF contract by whatever means.

Oops, my bad, misread that. :blush:

IF they could ever get the dynamic between team members in the FF right on screen, I think they could operate within the MCU as kind of "above the fray" scientists. Maybe them on one side of the street and the Avengers on the other. I don't know.

But in reality, I don't think Disney's going to approach Fox on this one.

I don't think Disney/Marvel care about the actual FF characters. But they DO want the villains/supporting characters that are attached to the FF contract. Doom, Galactus, Anhilus, Kang, Super-Skrull/Skrull Race, Surfer, etc.

As what, X-Men villains? I don't see what good having the rights to any of those characters does them without a wider array of heroes to pit them against with the exception of Silver Surfer. And even he's only good for at most one solo flick; Surfer is far better as a supporting character than a standalone hero.

Huh? Where did X-Men come into this equation?

I was talking about Marvel/Disney's interest in getting the rights back to the characters in the FF contract by whatever means.

Oops, my bad, misread that. :blush:

No worries, boss! After re-reading my first post, I realized the pronoun usage might have been a little confusing to anyone that wasn't me. lol

by now movie goers must think Doom is the only super villain the FF ever fought.

Thanks kind of like Shredder with the TMNT. They've got plenty of villains, but Shredder always gets crammed into the mix.

seriously, screw doom v FF, I'd loooovvvee to see a doom v mephisto for the soul of his mom. No origin story needed. He's just the king of Latveria, he wears a mask, he's got some science and magic powers, he's mostly evil but also mostly cares about his people, and he wants to effff up mephisto....anndddd go!

Doom is a very interesting character.

While he's a villain to the F4,he does help them out when things get really bad.

He's neither hero or villain,he mainly helps when it benefits him.

He also wants to prove that he's better scientist than Mr.Fantastic,and in some cases he is.

I would love to see a team up with Dr.Strange and Dr.Doom battling Mephisto.

Doom is a very interesting character.

While he's a villain to the F4,he does help them out when things get really bad.

He's neither hero or villain,he mainly helps when it benefits him.

He also wants to prove that he's better scientist than Mr.Fantastic,and in some cases he is.

I would love to see a team up with Dr.Strange and Dr.Doom battling Mephisto.

I think we are all in agreement. The first part is awesome as well. Selection of the new Sorcerer Supreme and it comes down to Strange and Doom.

DSDD_TT.jpg

BOXOFFICEMOJO: Weekend forecast, August 14-16

Forecast (August 14 - Aug. 16):

1. Straight Outta Compton - $45M

2. The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - $19M

3. Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - $14M

4. Fantastic Four - $11M

5. The Gift - $5.5M

8/13/15: $1,412,097

8/12/15: $1,665,804

8/11/15: $2,935,121

8/10/15: $2,262,459

8/09/15: $5,825,044

8/08/15: $8,577,825

8/07/15: $11,282,868

I'm not sure how they forecasted an $11 MM weekend when the past few days haven't even added up to $8.3 MM.

4). Fantastic Four (FOX), 4,004 theaters (+9)/ $2.5M Fri. (-78%)/ 3-day cume: $8.2M (-68%)/ Total Cume: $41M /Wk 2

6). Ant-Man (DIS), 2,306 theaters (-604) / $1.7Fri. (-25%) / 3-day cume: $5.8M (27-%)/Total cume: $157.9M / Wk 5

the little guy officially has legs, will do 3x it's opening weekend. the FF will be lucky to hit 2.2x it's opening weekend.

Edited by paperheart

The wow keeps on coming.

Fox Cut The THING Divebomb Due To Budget Cuts

One of the cooler TV spots for Fox and Josh Trank's Fantastic Four was the Thing, dive-bombing from a stealth fighter-jet into a terrorist camp.

According to Entertainment Weekly, that scene was cut due to the budget reduction by Fox, which slashed Trank's budget from $150 M USD to $120 M USD. It has been previously reported that the $30 million dollar budget cut led to Trank being forced to remove three main action beats from the film. Scenes that don't make it into the final cut of the film appear in marketing material all the time, but generally speaking, the money shot that you frame your marketing campaign around typically makes it into the film.

Will someone at Fox get fired over this?

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the executive offices to witness all the drama?

They'll definitely be another regime of executives over there. Which kinda sucks for the filmmakers that had projects greenlit and most will probably wind up in development hell. :(

4. Fantastic Four - $11M

5. The Gift - $5.5M

I'm not sure how they forecasted an $11 MM weekend when the past few days haven't even added up to $8.3 MM.

Yeah time to sell to Marvel and hope that what they are willing to pay doesn't plummet.

4. Fantastic Four - $11M

5. The Gift - $5.5M

Yeah time to sell to Marvel and hope that what they are willing to pay doesn't plummet.

It might be worth it for these studios (Fox and Sony) to keep the license just to prevent Marvel/Disney from using the properties. Remember, if Marvel/Disney gets these properties and puts out a blockbuster, that is money the other studios don't see by way of lost ticket sales on their offerings.

Now what I can see is these studios "loaning" these characters back to Marvel/Disney for a cut of the profits.

It would be silly for any of these studios to let Marvel/Disney get these characters back. I'll bet the studios who lost Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and some of Marvel's lesser known characters wish they had hung onto them.

4. Fantastic Four - $11M

5. The Gift - $5.5M

It might be worth it for these studios (Fox and Sony) to keep the license just to prevent Marvel/Disney from using the properties. Remember, if Marvel/Disney gets these properties and puts out a blockbuster, that is money the other studios don't see by way of lost ticket sales on their offerings.

Now what I can see is these studios "loaning" these characters back to Marvel/Disney for a cut of the profits.

It would be silly for any of these studios to let Marvel/Disney get these characters back. I'll bet the studios who lost Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and some of Marvel's lesser known characters wish they had hung onto them.

It comes down to what Disney/Marvel is willing to pay to get the rights back. The price will never be lower than it is right now. Fox is about to lose a ton on this last one ($100M?), I'm sure they would like that back and then some. Whatever Marvel pays they would make back in the long run, more than Fox would make, that is for sure.

Unfortunately, anyone assuming the 2014 #1 movie studio is hoping Disney will pay them for the Fantastic Four rights is missing that key fact. Money is not the play here.

Now that X-Franchise TV rights - that's where the negotiation focus should rightly focus. Fox wants them - and Disney owns them. There is no getting around those facts.