• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, anyone assuming the 2014 #1 movie studio is hoping Disney will pay them for the Fantastic Four rights is missing that key fact. Money is not the play here.

Now that X-Franchise TV rights - that's where the negotiation focus should rightly focus. Fox wants them - and Disney owns them. There is no getting around those facts.

Money is always the play. X-Men TV rights are worth money. Keeping the rights away from Marvel is worth money. Fox's future FF profits and Marvel's future FF profits are worth a dollar amount (not the same). With the situation as it is now, it seems like there is a deal to be made were both sides make a profit (whether it is cash, or cash/rights exchange).

Edited by Werner_Von_Doom

Unfortunately, anyone assuming the 2014 #1 movie studio is hoping Disney will pay them for the Fantastic Four rights is missing that key fact. Money is not the play here.

Now that X-Franchise TV rights - that's where the negotiation focus should rightly focus. Fox wants them - and Disney owns them. There is no getting around those facts.

Money is always the play. X-Men TV rights are worth money. Keeping the rights away from Marvel is worth money. Fox's future FF profits and Marvel's future FF profits are worth a dollar amount (not the same). With the situation as it is now, it seems like there is a deal to be made were both sides make a profit (whether it is cash, or cash/rights exchange).

Money is probably not going to get any negotiation going between these two companies unless it is so ridiculously high, it would be crazy not to take Disney serious.

But with the dislike between the two companies, it is going to take more than that to break down the barriers. And with the X-Franchise TV request already active, it would seem part of that conversation naturally.

Even if Marvel only got a bunch of the villains back from the FF contract (and maybe an agreement on the Skrull situation) they'd probably be willing to accept it in trade for the X-tv rights.

BOX OFFICE: FANTASTIC FOUR experiences 69% dropoff

The bad news continued for Fantastic Four this weekend as Fox's superhero franchise re-launch attempt was down two spots to place in fourth with an estimated $8.00 million. Fantastic Four was down a massive 69 percent from last weekend's already disappointing start. The sharp second weekend decline for Fantastic Four didn't come as a surprise given the film's toxic word of mouth, the competition it faced from the break-out performance of Straight Outta Compton and the Fantastic Four franchise being naturally front-loaded to begin with. Fantastic Four has managed just $41.96 million in ten days. The film is currently running 57 percent behind the $97.46 million ten-day gross of 2007's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

5djhNcR.png

Fox isn't even running ads in my market for this anymore. I don't know if they've pulled ads for it everywhere, but at least locally, I haven't even seen a commercial for it in about 4 days. I think they realized how bad things were & are trying to limit losses by avoiding throwing good money after bad on keeping up the advertising campaign.

But interestingly enough, I saw an Ant-Man commercial today still.

Edited by Doktor

Fox isn't even running ads in my market for this anymore. I don't know if they've pulled ads for it everywhere, but at least locally, I haven't even seen a commercial for it in about 4 days. I think they realized how bad things were & are trying to limit losses by avoiding throwing good money after bad on keeping up the advertising campaign.

I keep seeing ads for The Thing Burger with Denny's

I haven't seen those since the movie opened. lol

I haven't seen those since the movie opened. lol

I saw one today on the Food Network

At this point they should do troll reverse marketing.

Have Josh Trank just do a PSA - type commercial.

"You've heard Fantastic Four is one of the worst movies EVER. Honestly, I'm ashamed to have been involved with it. It truly is an abomination. It will make you feel pity for Kate Mara, one of the richest, most beautiful and talented young women in America, and want to punch Miles Teller in the face EVEN MORE. But you really can't understand the true depths of its hilarious awfulness, until you SEE IT FOR YOURSELF. "