• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Superior Spider-Man?

204 posts in this topic

What are you talking about? Do you mean where is the speculative market on the title?

If you look at sales numbers, the book has been constantly in the top 10 and almost always in the top 15.

I just mean I never hear anyone talking about the series

I think a lot of people were pissed off when in the very first issue the ghost of peter parker shows up

Here's my thoughts. You can take it as :idea: or :insane:rantrant

I think Marvel HAS to bring back Peter Parker and will. Then if that's your belief, how would they do it? What power could do that? They're not just going to do a "just kidding...everything that we've written about is all a joke... PP is back"

Here's what I think. I think enough of PP's friends will start to know that this Spider-man/PP is not THE Spider-man/PP (forgive me if this is already happening, I stopped reading when Doc Ock rid himself of PP in his mind). They'll keep working their way up the chain. Then someone powerful like Reed Richards or Dr. Strange will get involved. They'll get some of the Infinity Gems together (Reality Gem? Soul Gem?) and bring PP back. This will all be around the time the Infinity Gauntlet movie is about to be released. Think about the built in advertising/publicity. When ASM #700 came out, I was just getting back into collecting. I remember seeing "Peter Parker is dead" and it made me want to read more Spidey to figure out what the heck is going on. I think any sort of Spidey fan / casual comic book movie fan will go hm and be interested in the Infinity Gems and how they brought back Spidey back. And it'll also give them a better understanding and excitement when the Infinity Gauntlet movie comes out!

Just my :blahblah:

Couldn't Mephisto just use magic to reboot the whole event and put Peter back in his body like none of the Doc Ock stories ever happened? :roflmao:

You can't tell me Marvel wouldn't do this.

They are separate "entities", but tied very close together.

They do not want new fans going out to buy a Spidey comic after seeing the movie, and then not have that comic even star the Spider-man they just saw.

Everything comes down to money.

A new #1 at the movie launch is my bet. Hype hype hype. Money money money.

So they also better hurry up and make sure they start drawing Electro as a black guy and put Rhino in a mech suit. lol

-J.

I think Marvel HAS to bring back Peter Parker and will. Then if that's your belief, how would they do it? What power could do that? They're not just going to do a "just kidding...everything that we've written about is all a joke... PP is back"

Here's what I think. I think enough of PP's friends will start to know that this Spider-man/PP is not THE Spider-man/PP (forgive me if this is already happening, I stopped reading when Doc Ock rid himself of PP in his mind). They'll keep working their way up the chain. Then someone powerful like Reed Richards or Dr. Strange will get involved. They'll get some of the Infinity Gems together (Reality Gem? Soul Gem?) and bring PP back. This will all be around the time the Infinity Gauntlet movie is about to be released. Think about the built in advertising/publicity. When ASM #700 came out, I was just getting back into collecting. I remember seeing "Peter Parker is dead" and it made me want to read more Spidey to figure out what the heck is going on. I think any sort of Spidey fan / casual comic book movie fan will go hm and be interested in the Infinity Gems and how they brought back Spidey back. And it'll also give them a better understanding and excitement when the Infinity Gauntlet movie comes out!

Couldn't Mephisto just use magic to reboot the whole event and put Peter back in his body like none of the Doc Ock stories ever happened? :roflmao:

But I feel like they wouldn't "repeat" the whole Mephisto angle after the Aunt May debacle. I think it's gotta be the Infinity Gems.

They are separate "entities", but tied very close together.

They do not want new fans going out to buy a Spidey comic after seeing the movie, and then not have that comic even star the Spider-man they just saw.

Everything comes down to money.

A new #1 at the movie launch is my bet. Hype hype hype. Money money money.

So they also better hurry up and make sure they start drawing Electro as a black guy and put Rhino in a mech suit. lol

-J.

Time will tell.

Not trying to irritate the Superior fans, just voicing my opinion on what happens in comics during movie debuts.

It would be bad business not to have Peter back in the suit. We will see.

I could be totally wrong here, but what if Peter's soul is stuck in that robot that Doc Ock used to help get his subconscious out of Superior Sman's body? Didn't he use that robot to help rid himself of PP? If so, my thoughts would be that it could be stuck in there…just a thought.

Or the Infinity Gems could be used like everyone else thinks.

Sidenote - am I the only one that hopes Eddie Brock becomes Venom again??? I can envision that not long after PP becomes Spiderman again that EB retakes control of the symbiote. :wishluck:

But I feel like they wouldn't "repeat" the whole Mephisto angle after the Aunt May debacle. I think it's gotta be the Infinity Gems.

They have a myriad of magic wielding characters that could fix this, not just Mephisto. Doctor Strange for example could use his Eye of Amagotto. Or Wanda could utter "no more Doc Ock Spidey!" and poof, things are back to normal. They could also de-age Spider-Man at the same time to keep him eternally 14 or whatever age is his "essential" age. Infinity Gems work too!

Humberto Ramos being tapped to pencil the next round of our hero's eternal saga is another kick to the nuts for Spidey fans! :baiting:

Supposedly Goblin Nation arc is the beginning of the end of Doc's ride in the Peter mobile....he's ticked off and terrorized so many people in the last few issues it will take Peter quite some time to fix everything. He'd be dumb to drop the improved costume though.

I didn't buy a single issue.

Huge Spidey fan, but didn't want to read about Doc Ock running around as him. May have been my loss, but oh well.

I knew they would bring Peter back before the movie came out, and I will start with that issue.

Since Marvel doesn't own the movie rights, I don't think they have any impetus to help the movie's success in any way. Including bringing back PP in time for the movie. IMO changing PP from the movie version might be a smart move by them to screw the movies. Just like how much they have changed the x-men from the movie status quo.

I hope doc Ock stays around for a while.