• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Batman #35 & Detective #110

11 posts in this topic

I've ran out of high grade Byrne X-mens.

So, I'll try my luck with these (2) GAs.

Opinions would be appreciated.

Batman #35

Sharp corners, no problem with the back, no tears/stains, (2) transverse spine stress that break color, (2) separate manufacture wrinkles(s) on the FC (by 's yellow sweater & green chair), OW-W pages.

f4b4b44d.jpg

Detective #110

Initials on FC, WP, no problem with BC, no tears/stains, LRC, TRC & TLC are blunted, light vertical crease (that doesn't break color), (4) transverse spine stresses that don't break color,

cbede44a.jpg

C'mon, Bluto - you can do better'n that! How can they be the same grade when one is near perfect and the other has multiple corner creases/bends?

I'd give the Bats 35 a 9.2 pending one point of clarification: what is the white line extending down from Grayson's word balloon ? If that's a crease or cover abrasion made by dragging something sharp across the book, I'd drop it to an 8.5.

The 'Tec 110 looks like an 8.0 to me based on the NCB spine creases you mention + the visible corner damage.

Both great-looking books! thumbsup2.gif

C'mon, Bluto - you can do better'n that! How can they be the same grade when one is near perfect and the other has multiple corner creases/bends?

I'd give the Bats 35 a 9.2 pending one point of clarification: what is the white line extending down from Grayson's word balloon ? If that's a crease or cover abrasion made by dragging something sharp across the book, I'd drop it to an 8.5.

The 'Tec 110 looks like an 8.0 to me based on the NCB spine creases you mention + the visible corner damage.

Both great-looking books! thumbsup2.gif

Darn it Garth you caught me. tongue.gif

I don't know golden age grading for beans. insane.gif

I make my guess without reading his grading notes and felt the spine stresses and cover scratches on the Bats were equal to the Tec's flaws(spine & corners) . Was giving the waving edge on top right the benefit of the doubt as GA book.

I was also comparing in my mind the Detective #110 to another copy that I had in my hands last month. Captain Pike's copy blew my friends copy out the of water and miles into the air.

Barring some back cover problems, that Batman is most likely a GA 9.4

The Detective appears to be an 8.5, but after reading there's a vertical crease, I'd guestimate the book to be 7.5

Brian

Murph, you don't think the two spine creases near the lower staple, or the 'white line' extending down from the word balloon would adversely affect the grade?

...still curious what that white line is... Cap'n ?