• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #361 Newstand Copy First Print

16 posts in this topic

This is an amazing newstand copy of ASM #361. The book lies flat and is beautifully wrapped. Many copies of this book have miswrapped covers. This copy does exhibit the binder pull tears on the lower back cover and the over-sized staple holes however CGC does not view these as a defects effecting the grade. The interior pages are white. There are no hidden defects. Your comments and grades are appreciated as always. Links to large High Res Scans are below each image for your viewing - be sure you click on the image in the link to blow it up to full size. Thanks in advance.

ASM #361 Front Cover

L1Lvpa9.jpg

Link to High Res Scan ASM #361 Front Cover

ASM #361 Front Cover High Res

ASM #361 Back Cover

qiOa26e.jpg

Link to High Res Scan ASM #361 Back Cover

ASM #361 Back Cover High Res

I can't tell if there is something going on around the bottom staple or not. May just be the color around the edge (shrug)

A very nice copy, though. Without seeing it in person, I'll say 9.6.

The bottom staple is the over-sized staple holes that are common on this particular book. Tufting of the paper from the cover. No effect on the grade according to CGC! Thanks for looking!

I can't tell if there is something going on around the bottom staple or not. May just be the color around the edge (shrug)

The bottom staple is the over-sized staple holes that are common on this particular book. Tufting of the paper from the cover. No effect on the grade according to CGC! Thanks for looking!

hm Now I'll have to go look at mine. I wasn't aware of the staple issue. Thanks!

hm Now I'll have to go look at mine. I wasn't aware of the staple issue. Thanks!

I don't know of any other single comic book issue that had more printing anomalies than this particular issue (at least in the more modern age of comics, that's for sure)

Miswrapped cover

Over-sized staple holes

Bindery pulls

Ink blotches

Line drag

:o

I don't know of any other single comic book issue that had more printing anomalies than this particular issue (at least in the more modern age of comics, that's for sure)

Miswrapped cover

Over-sized staple holes

Bindery pulls

Ink blotches

Line drag

:o

Tim, here is a quick (and crappy) pic I just took of mine. No real defects except a teensy budge at the bottom corner and it really could use a press as it has a slight hump lengthwise.

image_zps8cf90d3c.jpg

Edit: Were the problems with this book across the board, direct and newsstand copies?

Just about every book had some sort of defect. Just have a look at the link below to Heritage Auctions for yourself.

ASM #361 Heritage Auction Archives

Your copy is one of the few that did not have the flaws mentioned. Yes, I think a press would definitely put this in the 9.6 - 9.8 range at a glance. Provided the edges are sharp of course!smiley-gen130.gif

"affecting" :whistle:

You can affect an effect, but you shouldn't effect an affect! That's acting!smiley-gen130.gif

It's a beautiful book, more than likely a 9.8. (thumbs u What kills me is how you're so defensive, even when you make an obvious mistake. Lighten up a little, young man. Enjoy life. :grin:

"affecting" :whistle:

You can affect an effect, but you shouldn't effect an affect! That's acting!smiley-gen130.gif

It's a beautiful book, more than likely a 9.8. (thumbs u What kills me is how you're so defensive, even when you make an obvious mistake. Lighten up a little, young man. Enjoy life. :grin:

I'm not being defensive, more just enjoying the playful jousting that you always seem to bring to the table. Thanks for the grade btw! :)

And thanks for referring to me as a young man! I wouldn't be surprised however if you are the young man in this case? :grin: