• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

Fight comics 18

This book was won in a bidding war on the bay I was so happy when I actually won it! But when the book arrived and I was doing my page counting I saw heavy color touch on the fight logo he didn't disclose this so a partial refund was provided. But I still love this book :)

13601f857ea93b4bf094368857e66988_zps351ec875.jpg

When you get to Fight Comics #18 I have the complete 5-page Kayo Kirby story original artwork that I can post scans of.

Wonderful thread and great stories. Will like to see that Kayo Kirby art.

Which of the 25 do you think are the toughest to get?......Here is an Art Saaf page from Fight.....work our way to George Tuska at one point

143899.jpg.721fc6868937e6db6677b0dc8f28f922.jpg

When you get to Fight Comics #18 I have the complete 5-page Kayo Kirby story original artwork that I can post scans of.

Wonderful thread and great stories. Will like to see that Kayo Kirby art.

Which of the 25 do you think are the toughest to get?......Here is an Art Saaf page from Fight.....work our way to George Tuska at one point

Those are great I would love to own a early splash page from an early fight issue

Fight 16

This book .. What can I say other then tough tough book. I found out that at least 2 boardies had this books and I begged them to sell it to me but they couldn't they felt the same way I did I about the book.I can't blame them. it took forever to finally find one and within 1 or 2 months I had to copy's. life can't get better then that lol

6e517aa58107d0fe83b139d8271a6614_zpse677014b.jpg

Fight Comics 15

I was told by everyone that this would be the one of the toughest issue in the run and they weren't kidding I would spend hours at work staring at the 2 or 3 copies that heritage has in there past auction archives telling myself that I would a copy someday. So it's an early Saturday mourning must of been like 7 am when I wake up and I have a missed call and a text from George. I read the text from 1:30 am and it says that someone just listed a fight 15,16 ,17 by this time I'm calling him while also going to eBay. Once George's answers he tell me did you see the fight issues and I tell him to stop messing around with me there no way that someone listed all those fights at the same time. By then I go to my saved searches and BOOM there it was I have never clicked the buy it now so hard in my life ! lol

I would love to to send this to cgc

Here she is ... I LOVE this book!!

c99cacaba2c3b07ed038b01c2b100094_zpsc1d66381.jpg

Congrats Ivan on this wonderful thread...I am so glad that I was able to enable your purchase of the fight 15 and I also want you to know that Iam vey poud of you for having the drive to complete your grail of a tough run.

Uncle George

Fight Comics 15

I was told by everyone that this would be the one of the toughest issue in the run and they weren't kidding I would spend hours at work staring at the 2 or 3 copies that heritage has in there past auction archives telling myself that I would a copy someday. So it's an early Saturday mourning must of been like 7 am when I wake up and I have a missed call and a text from George. I read the text from 1:30 am and it says that someone just listed a fight 15,16 ,17 by this time I'm calling him while also going to eBay. Once George's answers he tell me did you see the fight issues and I tell him to stop messing around with me there no way that someone listed all those fights at the same time. By then I go to my saved searches and BOOM there it was I have never clicked the buy it now so hard in my life ! lol

I would love to to send this to cgc

Here she is ... I LOVE this book!!

c99cacaba2c3b07ed038b01c2b100094_zpsc1d66381.jpg

I thought I'd seen all the Fiction House war covers, but I'm pretty sure this one is new to me. Well done on the pickup! :headbang:

Fight comics 14

This book was purchase from Tyler I bugged him so much to sell me this copy this one is also tough I was so happy when this book arrived thanks again buddy for letting this book go

0a5c76dcc808a5f89828454c1962fbb7_zpsabdd5588.jpg

Before I bought the book above I was offered this book below my a great boardie and at the time I just didn't have that kind of money plus it was in the early part of this great journey so a out 1or 2 months ago I reached out to this boardie and we were able to work out a trade for this baby

fight14a00016_zps21687345.jpg

Fight Comics 13

This book went under the radar at a sparkle city auction at least that's what I think and I was happy to win this baby it's a great looking copy

SC20130807-204426-1_zpsbb00baef.jpg

Dang. That looks amazing! :applause:

Fight comics 12

I love this cover ! I know I keeping saying that lol this book was acquired this past mega con. I went around asking all the dealers if they had early fights and most said no. So kept kept looking until I ran into this dealer from Alabama if I remember correctly. So I ask expecting him to say no and he saids let me look at my box and sure enough he had this beauty and a low grade rangers 21 so I had a decision to make I barley had enough money for one let alone for two lol so my mind was quickly made up and I went with the fight. After some negotiating and Bronze Age trade in I was able to land this baby. I hope to some day be able to upgrade to 5.0

01066250602aca8833b8c08e92f98745_zps93dedd39.jpg