• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

meh, I think it is weak. It's one of my least favorite books in the run. The colors are just too washed out.

I agree about the colors - but only three on the Census, making it scarcer than any other issue below #10!

I wonder if the 9.8 is the Church copy?

I would love to see a 9.8 of this book, would like to see the colors as compared to books that did not get put in Mr. Church's basement cocoon.

The best theory is that the colors depend on where a given copy stood in the production line, with earlier copies brighter and richer, later copies duller.

If that is so, then given the relative scarcity of copies with colors that really pop today, quality control fell away rather quickly. And then there are storage issues on top of that!

Which means that not all Church FH have bright colors.

cheetah's copy is about average in terms of colors - but exceptional in technical structure for such a scarce book.

I am assuming the 9.8 is the Church, if so wouldn't you expect quality colors? I can't imagine too many 9.8 Church books have dull colors, but maybe if it is otherwise structurally perfect and the colors were purely production it would still get a 9.8?

meh, I think it is weak. It's one of my least favorite books in the run. The colors are just too washed out.

I agree about the colors - but only three on the Census, making it scarcer than any other issue below #10!

I would love to see a 9.8 of this book, would like to see the colors as compared to books that did not get put in Mr. Church's basement cocoon.

The best theory is that the colors depend on where a given copy stood in the production line, with earlier copies brighter and richer, later copies duller.

If that is so, then given the relative scarcity of copies with colors that really pop today, quality control fell away rather quickly. And then there are storage issues on top of that!

Which means that not all Church FH have bright colors.

cheetah's copy is about average in terms of colors - but exceptional in technical structure for such a scarce book.

I am assuming the 9.8 is the Church, if so wouldn't you expect quality colors? I can't imagine too many 9.8 Church books have dull colors, but maybe if it is otherwise structurally perfect and the colors were purely production it would still get a 9.8?

I used to own the Church copy of Fight #4

RADC837B20091223_153856.jpg

Wow, unreal!

Just as unreal in hand, believe me. But if the red had been orange, it would not have affected the grade provided that was the color when printed, as opposed to later fading from exposure to sunshine - at least I think so. And I think that would apply to a 9.8 as well.

Wow, unreal!

Just as unreal in hand, believe me. But if the red had been orange, it would not have affected the grade provided that was the color when printed, as opposed to later fading from exposure to sunshine - at least I think so. And I think that would apply to a 9.8 as well.

Makes sense to me.

Beautiful book, it never ceases to amaze me that because a handful of eccentric collectors took care of these books a few survive in perfect condition some 70 years later.

Wow, unreal!

Makes sense to me.

Beautiful book, it never ceases to amaze me that because a handful of eccentric collectors took care of these books a few survive in perfect condition some 70 years later.

I wish I still had it - but it is in good hands.

That's purty :luhv:

And so, so -what's the word? RED!

Yes it is! :cloud9:

Almost 20 years ago someone sent me the "supposed" Church copy but it was faded (and obviously faked). I returned it saying that it didn't matter whether it was the genuine Church copy as it looked so lame I didn't want the book. I've seen that real Church copy in person and it's hard to imagine there being a better looking one.

Please accept this with all due respect and I don't want to step on any toes, but this is kind of Ivan's show here and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to turn it into a discussion of the printing issues commonly seen in Fiction House comics and start posting everyone's stellar copies. Let's not get too sidetracked from the OP's purpose...to showcase his run in his own thread. :foryou:

:gossip: It is.

Fight comics 12

I love this cover ! I know I keeping saying that lol this book was acquired this past mega con. I went around asking all the dealers if they had early fights and most said no. So kept kept looking until I ran into this dealer from Alabama if I remember correctly. So I ask expecting him to say no and he saids let me look at my box and sure enough he had this beauty and a low grade rangers 21 so I had a decision to make I barley had enough money for one let alone for two lol so my mind was quickly made up and I went with the fight. After some negotiating and Bronze Age trade in I was able to land this baby. I hope to some day be able to upgrade to 5.0

01066250602aca8833b8c08e92f98745_zps93dedd39.jpg

I have been waiting for this one....my favorite cover of the run.

Incredible congrats.

Early Hulk Proto-type? That gamma radiation sure can be a biotch. Love this cover as well.

Hi guys,

Thank you for great feedback and please keep posting away any more fights are welcome.

BB-Gun

I love your fight 16 I bugged the hell out of you to try and buy it lol

Jeff,

As for your fight 11 copy my address is miamiknight3434 miami fl 33166 lol

Please accept this with all due respect and I don't want to step on any toes, but this is kind of Ivan's show here and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to turn it into a discussion of the printing issues commonly seen in Fiction House comics and start posting everyone's stellar copies. Let's not get too sidetracked from the OP's purpose...to showcase his run in his own thread. :foryou:

Hi Walter

Thank you for looking out for me I really appreciate. It's not an issue buddy I'm happy that everyone is comparing each other's copy.

You know - I was thinking the same thing - my fault really! Here's to Ivan - keep 'em coming buddy!

This is a fun thread!