• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

As most of the folks that know me on the boards I have been actively looking to assemble the first 25 issues of the wonderful tittle. Over the last 15 months I was able to put this small group of books together thanks to amazing group of friends and some great detective work by me and other. The first question I get asked the most by people is why? Why did I choose this tittle and all I tell them is..have you seen the early covers. Then I also tell them that there also really tough books to obtain. Now some of you may be wondering well I was able to finish it in 15 months but to honest it was a lot of luck and aggressive searching that I was able to finish this small run. After I tell them all of this the last thing I say is that once I find one of these books it truly truly makes me so happy. There is no greater feeling to be honest.

Special thanks to a few folks

Tyler, there not much to say that you don't already know brother! I'm very grateful for all the books you have help me obtain but most of all this friendship that we now have is priceless buddy

Walter,

Thank you for taking the time to teach me about these great books. It's been fun staying up late and PM you regarding these fight buddy it's been a real pleasure buying and trading books with you.

Uncle George,

I'm very grateful for all your help. you help me obtain one of the toughest issue in the run I'm forever grateful.

Russ,

I know I bugged you for 2 weeks straight trying to obtain this specific issue from you and I'm glad I was able to get it. I still smile every time I hold this book in my hand. Thank you thank you I hope one day I could return the favor

I will be listing scans of the books along with a small story on how I was able to obtain the specific issue.

Fight Comics 25

I found this bad boy as I was working out a deal with a boardie who happened to have one fight which was this one. I ended trading 3 low grade books (that's how bad I wanted the book) lol

ddd04216db0728b617a6c3cc5aaf1f3b_zpsb525f92d.jpg

I have to run but will post more books tonight

Fight Comics 24

I found this book in an old time dealer website.I found this book in the early stages of my search but I didn't pull the trigger until I was close to finishing the run. I wish the blues on this book would be brighter but I'm confident I'll find a nicer copy.

c5472252bd57829a0af6cc237fa7a215_zpsee738de8.jpg

Fight Comics 23

This was the first book Tyler sold me if memory serves me right. It was the funnies thing. I gave him a call and we start sharing stories about books and stuff and next thing I know I ask about this book and he starts telling what he paid and and next thing I know he throws me a number that was less then what he actually paid.

cd76c561cf74abd3c1de11b4081ea0a6_zpsf4aa3720.jpg

Btw it's one of my favorite war covers