• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

Fight comics 4

In the 15 months I put this run together this issue has not been up for sale anywhere. I got this book for George in trade I was so happy to land this issue I hope to upgrade when the next copy comes up for sale.

15cecc6671a5d4103553bbc031823b21_zps10532deb.jpg

Nice colors!

Fight Comics 3

I remember pleading with Ken to sell me his fight 3 lol . I knew this book was also a tough one. I remember the day I was told about this copy. It was the weirdset thing. I PM Michael(Flex) asking for leads about a fight 3 or 5 and he answers right away saying that there are 2-3 copies in Metro at this time. When I finish reading his PM I said no wayyyyy I just checked yesterday and sure enough he was right :) at this moment my mind is racing I look at my funds and it never fails funds where really low. I called Tyler just to tell him how down I was about the fight 3's being able and I had no money for them at that time. He stops me in the middle of my ramble and he says Ivan don't worry I'll buy it and you'll pay back when you can. I was taken back by the gesture I even told him that I wasn't calling for him to do that I just wanted to vent and he saids I know you didn't buddy. It took me some time but I managed to pay the book. I will forever be grateful

f7703936fa69c832e2dc7266424bc579_zps8adc78ba.jpg

Fight Comics 3

I remember pleading with Ken to sell me his fight 3 lol . I knew this book was also a tough one. I remember the day I was told about this copy. It was the weirdset thing. I PM Michael(Flex) asking for leads about a fight 3 or 5 and he answers right away saying that there are 2-3 copies in Metro at this time. When I finish reading his PM I said no wayyyyy I just checked yesterday and sure enough he was right :) at this moment my mind is racing I look at my funds and it never fails funds where really low. I called Tyler just to tell him how down I was about the fight 3's being able and I had no money for them at that time. He stops me in the middle of my ramble and he says Ivan don't worry I'll buy it and you'll pay back when you can. I was taken back by the gesture I even told him that I wasn't calling for him to do that I just wanted to vent and he saids I know you didn't buddy. It took me some time but I managed to pay the book. I will forever be grateful

f7703936fa69c832e2dc7266424bc579_zps8adc78ba.jpg

My personal favorite cover out of the 1st 30 issues of Fight. Nice! :cloud9:

Fight Comics 3

I called Tyler just to tell him how down I was about the fight 3's being able and I had no money for them at that time. He stops me in the middle of my ramble and he says Ivan don't worry I'll buy it and you'll pay back when you can. I was taken back by the gesture I even told him that I wasn't calling for him to do that I just wanted to vent and he saids I know you didn't buddy. It took me some time but I managed to pay the book. I will forever be grateful

:applause: (thumbs u :applause:

Thats what it is all about, you can't put runs like this together without help from time to time. Great gesture, great story.

Fight Comics 2

This book has a pretty funny story. My first copy of this book was acquired by our very on Comicdey I believe I text him at all hours of the day telling me to trade me his copy that he's had for 20 years ( I might be pushing the time of ownership) lol anyway I had to have his copy the fact that it came from the coupon cut out and ray chew pedigree was a must have lol so after intense negotiations (2 silver age books and $20) a deal was made for this baby.

SC20130928-234928_zpsd96ffc11.png

Within 4 months I was able to find 2 more copies of this book.the second copy was bought of the bay. It's was mainly a parts copy and my intention was to get parts from it to restored The fight 2 above when I discovered that I was just going to be too much I was pretty upset I really wanted to have the book restored.

SC20130928-234602-1_zps8daa92dd.jpg

Then a month or two after I picked up this copy CC had their monthly auction and there was a copy right up my alley. I monitored the auction and BOOM I won this great book.

fig1763a_zpsca4773ba.jpg

When I finally had all 3 copies on hand I send this picture to Comicdey to show him. Boy what a mistake lol he texts me back saying he really wants his old copy back and I was kinda open to it as I wouldn't be able to get his copy restored I felt that he's had this copy for such a long time that it was only right to be with its true owner. So I traded it back to him.

20131005_081701_zps9ea88659.jpg

Btw my 4.5 green label incomplete is now a 4.5+ complete

79ead65139f87ede4ea664fddd9edc24_zps5c6c6b79.jpg

Fight Comics 2

This book has a pretty funny story. My first copy of this book was acquired by our very on Comicdey I believe I text him at all hours of the day telling me to trade me his copy that he's had for 20 years ( I might be pushing the time of ownership) lol anyway I had to have his copy the fact that it came from the coupon cut out and ray chew pedigree was a must have lol so after intense negotiations (2 silver age books and $20) a deal was made for this baby.

Within 4 months I was able to find 2 more copies of this book.the second copy was bought of the bay. It's was mainly a parts copy and my intention was to get parts from it to restored The fight 2 above when I discovered that I was just going to be too much I was pretty upset I really wanted to have the book restored.

Then a month or two after I picked up this copy CC had their monthly auction and there was a copy right up my alley. I monitored the auction and BOOM I won this great book.

fig1763a_zpsca4773ba.jpg

When I finally had all 3 copies on hand I send this picture to Comicdey to show him. Boy what a mistake lol he texts me back saying he really wants his old copy back and I was kinda open to it as I wouldn't be able to get his copy restored I felt that he's had this copy for such a long time that it was only right to be with its true owner. So I traded it back to him.

Always cool when you can win the parts game! Great job on pulling this run together.

Fight Comics 2

fig1763a_zpsca4773ba.jpg

Always cool when you can win the parts game! Great job on pulling this run together.

Thanks foxtrot

Fight Comics 1

This book is another great piece to my fight collection. The story of this book is when Tyler and started to talk among ourselves about fights I told him how much I would love to own a fight 1. He tells me that he might have a under copy and I immediately followed up with him every week lol I must of driven him crazy, mind you we had just started to become friends. So I tell him that I didn't have the kind of cash for a fight 1 and Tyler told that he would work out a trade for it no cash involve I was like :o so after a one hour conversation to work out the trade a deal was struck for this baby.

IMG_6182_zps72375a83.jpg

:whee:

I'm done!!!!

Time for a group shot :banana:

Fight Comics 2

fig1763a_zpsca4773ba.jpg

Great story and yeah, I bought the fight 2 rat chew pedigree back in 1986-7 time frame so 20+ years ago. It's funny how attached you can get to a beater copy but I've always loved it and the colors are great. The house ads include Planet 1 which makes it even more desirable in my eyes.

Happy to have it home again :banana: and also very happy to see you complete the first 25 in style.

Fight Comics 1

This book is another great piece to my fight collection. The story of this book is when Tyler and started to talk among ourselves about fights I told him how much I would love to own a fight 1. He tells me that he might have a under copy and I immediately followed up with him every week lol I must of driven him crazy, mind you we had just started to become friends. So I tell him that I didn't have the kind of cash for a fight 1 and Tyler told that he would work out a trade for it no cash involve I was like :o so after a one hour conversation to work out the trade a deal was struck for this baby.

:whee:

I'm done!!!!

Time for a group shot :banana:

:applause: