• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics: The first 25

173 posts in this topic

Fight Comics 11

What can I say other then this is the book that started it all! I LOVE this cover so much guys.

When I first saw this book it was in a golden age covers book that uncle George had. This cover changed everything!! From that moment on I decided to stop collecting silver age and focus on this small run. After telling George how amazing this cover was we look at the rest of the covers in the run. I was speechless lol . so later that night I did what all of us do when we see a cover we never seen I went to eBay to try and buy this book and I swear this book showed up with a buy it now bin of $60. If it's like the book was waiting for me to buy it. I'm so in live with this cover that after a few months owing this copy I put out a wtb ad for this book on the boards and sure enough about 3 to 4 weeks worth of bumps I get a PM from Tsp99 sending me a one picture and we quickly realized how much this cover means to both of us. And that was the beginning of this great friendship. I still ask everyone I meet at shows if they have any fight 11's I hope to some day upgrade this copy. Or maybe Jeff will donate his baby to the Miamiknight fiction house collection :baiting:lol

IMG_9172_zpsad2c1d2e.jpg

Fight Comics 10

I looked around for this book foe a while saw one one eBay but it didn't feel right. A boardie told me to look into metro and there she was... I must of stared at this book on their websites for nights before I pulled the trigger and when I did and I held it in my hands I knew I might the right choice.

403b2826f3ea9ca3c4d6b9a0e14b8453_zps3deb936e.jpg

Fight comics 12

I love this cover ! I know I keeping saying that lol this book was acquired this past mega con. I went around asking all the dealers if they had early fights and most said no. So kept kept looking until I ran into this dealer from Alabama if I remember correctly. So I ask expecting him to say no and he saids let me look at my box and sure enough he had this beauty and a low grade rangers 21 so I had a decision to make I barley had enough money for one let alone for two lol so my mind was quickly made up and I went with the fight. After some negotiating and Bronze Age trade in I was able to land this baby. I hope to some day be able to upgrade to 5.0

01066250602aca8833b8c08e92f98745_zps93dedd39.jpg

I have been waiting for this one....my favorite cover of the run.

Incredible congrats.

Fight Comics 10

I looked around for this book foe a while saw one one eBay but it didn't feel right. A boardie told me to look into metro and there she was... I must of stared at this book on their websites for nights before I pulled the trigger and when I did and I held it in my hands I knew I might the right choice.

Nice pants.

Fight Comics 10

Nice pants.

Well, when you're woken out of a sound sleep to take down the Wolves of the Yukon, sometimes there's just enough time to throw a coat over your pajamas. (shrug)

Awesome cover! Cool colors and I never noticed the level of detail there before.

Fight Comics 10

Uncommon book that so often has dull cover colors, but this one is great, they really pop!

Fight Comics 10

Uncommon book that so often has dull cover colors, but this one is great, they really pop!

Case in point.

Fight10.jpg

Fight Comics 10

Case in point.

Fight10.jpg

Still a stunning copy.

meh, I think it is weak. It's one of my least favorite books in the run. The colors are just too washed out.

I agree about the colors - but only three on the Census, making it scarcer than any other issue below #10!

I wonder if the 9.8 is the Church copy?

I would love to see a 9.8 of this book, would like to see the colors as compared to books that did not get put in Mr. Church's basement cocoon.

meh, I think it is weak. It's one of my least favorite books in the run. The colors are just too washed out.

I agree about the colors - but only three on the Census, making it scarcer than any other issue below #10!

I wonder if the 9.8 is the Church copy?

I would love to see a 9.8 of this book, would like to see the colors as compared to books that did not get put in Mr. Church's basement cocoon.

The best theory is that the colors depend on where a given copy stood in the production line, with earlier copies brighter and richer, later copies duller.

If that is so, then given the relative scarcity of copies with colors that really pop today, quality control fell away rather quickly. And then there are storage issues on top of that!

Which means that not all Church FH have bright colors.

cheetah's copy is about average in terms of colors - but exceptional in technical structure for such a scarce book.