• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Must pick only one from 3 BIG KEY issues.

Pick one out of three books  

591 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one out of three books

56 posts in this topic

I actually only buy one big key per year,so this is right up my alley.When obtaining a big key I first consider it's scarcity.Hulk 1 would be my first choice,JIM 83 then F.F.1.I will expand on that with my actual goals.I obtained the Hulk 1,then JIM 83 and now I'm going for the F.F.1.My next choices on MY list is Showcase 4,X-Men 1,then D.D 1 to finish off the early big keys

That's funny. That's my exact current list, in order, except I already have a JIM #83, and replaced it with a Copper book at #2.

(thumbs u

Once I finish the early big keys,I'm going for a TMNT #1.First and foremost scarcity is my main point.

I hear you. It is the only non-SA on my list...

If it was based on most important then FF would win easily.

The poll does ask to vote based upon IMPORTANCE. FF #1 is hands down the most important of the 3. We're not talking about room for financial growth, nor are we talking about what the REST of each series brought to the table.

Which of these 3 specific issues is the most important? Then again, I didn't create the poll, so what the heck do I know??? lol

Supposedly, raw grade books (JIM 83, FF 1 and Hulk 1) are on the same auction. I will spend my money on only one book out of three. However which one is EXTREMELY most important book you think? All books are in same grade.

JIM 83, FF 1 or Hulk 1?

what grade?

Mostly low grades. 2.0 to 4.0.

Thor bored the hell out of me and felt like I was reading drunken Shakespeare. The Hulk was the Hulk. My buddies loved the Hulk. I just couldn't get into the storyline.

My pick Fantastic Four. I don't care about the how scarce or available it is. I don't care if it goes up or down in value. I always wanted one and it took 30 years to get it.

I would say Hulk #1 for long-term.

He has a much longer life at being considered cool and relevant.

Think in twenty years.

Hulk will still be Hulk. Who knows what the FF will consist of, and Chris Hemsworth definitely will not be playing Thor.

Plus visually the Hulk is just cooler looking.

hulk-smash.png

Fantastic Four 1 by a country mile.

It is a far more important issue, and in terms of future valuation it has a lot higher ceiling. It's been hit hard by two absolutely horrific Hollywood movies, and if Marvel gets the license back from Fox and does even a good movie, this book will go through the roof.

Fantastic Four 1 by a country mile.

It is a far more important issue, and in terms of future valuation it has a lot higher ceiling. It's been hit hard by two absolutely horrific Hollywood movies, and if Marvel gets the license back from Fox and does even a good movie, this book will go through the roof.

Not only has Hollywood built absolute stinkers based on FF, the modern comic is virtually unreadable. I've been buying FF new since the late 70s and can't stand reading the latest issues. It's so bad I finally cancelled it from my pull list.

Please, make a decent FF movie and write a decent comic. Please.

Gotta go Hulk #1. Has nothing to do with importance. I'm looking at it from the position of scarcity in relation to the others and future potential. I would love to see the print run figures of each issue. I figure JIM #83 had the highest numbers based on being an already existing title.