• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

I'm constantly adjusting prices to keep up with market dynamics. I will have a few hulks for sale at Baltimore next week and will be happy to reveal pricing I'm asking. But I won't reveal sold pricing, that's not public info. It's up to the buyer for that.

My 4.0 sold at the show to a buyer who spoke to me before the show.

I sold a 4.5 copy off the website before I left for Chicago.

I only have the 2 7.5's left right now.

King of Hulk #1's Bob Storms

Maybe I'm just plain ol' naive but if this is ever going to gain acceptance as anything more than a niche industry it's going to take some manner of transparency with sales.

Maybe that's just me.

And if you'll re visit my original post you'll see that I only asked if he was willing to share what his CONVENTION ASK PRICE was.

If the book hit an unofficial GPA high I would imagine that would be a good advertisement for him. Another feather in the Gator cap or brag book so to speak.

But if he chooses not to share that's a-okay with me as well. (thumbs u

-J.

Pump the brakes, I'm on your side.

Maybe I'm just plain ol' naive but if this is ever going to gain acceptance as anything more than a niche industry it's going to take some manner of transparency with sales.

Maybe that's just me.

And if you'll re visit my original post you'll see that I only asked if he was willing to share what his CONVENTION ASK PRICE was.

If the book hit an unofficial GPA high I would imagine that would be a good advertisement for him. Another feather in the Gator cap or brag book so to speak.

But if he chooses not to share that's a-okay with me as well. (thumbs u

-J.

Pump the brakes, I'm on your side.

lol yes I know you were. A couple others seemed to misconstrue my original question though. Felt compelled to clarify. :foryou:

-J.

I wonder if people understand why dealers are not quick to give out sales numbers. Unlike the buyer who now has "one" and would love nothing more than to watch his "purchase go up in price" the dealer now has to go and replace the book he just sold. Yeah, I can sell it for more but I also have to pay more to get it. And in some cases I might not be able to buy it at all. In addition every "collector who is just selling to buy books for his collection" then starts running around at shows trying to buy the same book I just sold. Check out the Want to buy section on hot books. Recognize some of the buyers as dealers? They sure act like them to me. They are mentioned to me on the phone when I contact sellers as someone who contacted them. Amazing that they don't have to setup, don't pay taxes, will ask for dealers badges, pay cash etc, use dealer booths as a drop off/storage unit, ask business/pricing advice, don't split the book with you, not registered as a business yet act like one.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=567187

Whew. That was exciting. Guess that other 9.2 sale earlier in the year was no fluke after all. Looks like these new hulk 1 price points are here to stay. Congrats to all my fellow club members and the proud new owner of one of the best copies of a hulk 1 known to man. (worship)

-J.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=141392615672&rt=nc&_trksid=p2054897.l2565

Mama mia. This is one bloody auction. Just goes to show what two determined bidders can do to a book's price.

-J.

Yes this is an abolsute joke.

Over 6k for a Hulk #1 CGC 2.0 is just absurd and bad for hobby if this abolsute jerk off pays that price.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=141392615672&rt=nc&_trksid=p2054897.l2565

Mama mia. This is one bloody auction. Just goes to show what two determined bidders can do to a book's price.

-J.

Yes this is an abolsute joke.

Over 6k for a Hulk #1 CGC 2.0 is just absurd and bad for hobby if this abolsute jerk off pays that price.

Just someone with too much money playing macho on Ebay.

I agree, I think it is a shill book now.

I have been kinda seeing more and more shills bidding from Comics4less lately over the past 6 months as their auctions have been producing more quality books.

IMO......

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=380986253183&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l25

Naturally shilling was my first thought as well. However, if you look at this recent auction for a truly terrible presenting 1.8 (still selling for 3700) you will notice that one of the bidders from that auction is now participating in this one, and that was a sparkle city auction.

Additionally the normal shilling pattern isn't present here. This really does appear to be two separate bidders trying to out-nut each other for this book, with neither one willing to let a second low grade copy get away in a week.

Further there was that 2.5 that closed on heritage last month for 6200 I believe. Take all that with the fact that there are really no halfway decent looking lower grade copies left on the market at the moment (other than a brittle paged 1.5, that 1.0 still on CC, and a 3.0 with comicmylars that he is now asking $8k for), and you could conceivably have a couple of bidders who sense this may be a last chance to get in at a somewhat reasonable price.

-J.

I agree, I think it is a shill book now.

I have been kinda seeing more and more shills bidding from Comics4less lately over the past 6 months as their auctions have been producing more quality books.

IMO......

John, greetings. The owner of Comics4less is local and I know him very well. In fact, I was just at his warehouse last week and saw this specific Hulk 1. All the books in his auction are his, no consignments to speak of. While I admit the low feedback bidder on the Hulk1 looks suspicious I can safely say he is not a shill for the owner. Not only is the owner honest, he is truly dedicated to his business and would never risk his reputation for a shill bid. Quick story: He buys a lot of books from my personal collection. I once tried to sell him some Volume 1 Playboys, one of which was slabbed. He declined because he did not want any risk to his reputation. I'll introduce you to him next time you are in Chicago. I think he is the same age as you !