• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

I only saw 5 Hulk 1's at Chicago this weekend 1.0 1.8 (2 high grade PGX copies) and CC's 9.2 Where have all the Hulk 1's gone??

You didn't come by my booth (shrug)

Had a cgc6.0, 5.5, 5.5 ss, 1.8 and 1.5ss

So guess I had half the hulk 1s in the room?

And the 2 pgx copies at Terry's booth were a 3.0 and 2.0. Not high grade at all.

Well that explains where all the mid - grade copies are! (thumbs u

-J.

Not are... "Were". We sold a couple of copies.

:applause:

-J.

truthfully I raised prices a lot to stop selling them. There just don't seem to be any copies in the market so I want to hold onto these for a bit

As an obviously interested third party (see below) I am curious to know what your current ask is on a 5.5 blue at convention. :baiting:

-J.

Curious as well :popcorn:

I only saw 5 Hulk 1's at Chicago this weekend 1.0 1.8 (2 high grade PGX copies) and CC's 9.2 Where have all the Hulk 1's gone??

And the 2 pgx copies at Terry's booth were a 3.0 and 2.0. Not high grade at all.

-J.

-J.

truthfully I raised prices a lot to stop selling them. There just don't seem to be any copies in the market so I want to hold onto these for a bit

As an obviously interested third party (see below) I am curious to know what your current ask is on a 5.5 blue at convention. :baiting:

-J.

um...a lot (shrug)

I'm learning from storms.

Looks like Bob Storms may have sold his 4.0 copy? It's no longer for sale on ebay..

What did it sell for?

not sure but the asking was $10k I believe [/quote

$10,500 to be exact ;) ]

lol probably a bargain within the next year

-J.

-J.

-J.

um...a lot (shrug)

I'm learning from storms.

Storms will at least drop a range on a boardie brotha. lol

-J.

Maybe I'm from a different generation, but to me it's rude to ask a dealer who makes their living selling comics what they sold a certain comic for.

Heck, I think it's rude when someone asks me what I sold a certain comic for, when the sale isn't conducted in a public forum. And I definitely think it's rude that when I politely respond to a p.m request for the sale price on one of my books, it winds up getting posted in a public thread.

Maybe I'm from a different generation, but to me it's rude to ask a dealer who makes their living selling comics what they sold a certain comic for.

Heck, I think it's rude when someone asks me what I sold a certain comic for, when the sale isn't conducted in a public forum. And I definitely think it's rude that when I politely respond to a p.m request for the sale price on one of my books, it winds up getting posted in a public thread.

I agree, and if I happen to really need to know something like that, I would do it politely(PM) and be clear that I would not make it public.

I agree although maybe asking what the original ask price was might be a little more couth.

It's rude to ask a DEALER his asking price for one of his books that he has for sale at convention ? Huh? (shrug)

-J.

It's rude to ask a DEALER his asking price for one of his books that he has for sale at convention ? Huh? (shrug)

-J.

Sold. Not for sale.

-J.

I didn't know the 5.5 sold? I thought it didn't sell hence I was wondering what his asking price was.

-J.

I didn't know the 5.5 sold? I thought it didn't sell hence I was wondering what his asking price was.

+1, same here. Didn't mean to break etiquette or anything.

Congrats to Gator though on his robust hulk 1 sales either way. (thumbs u

-J.

Maybe I'm just plain ol' naive but if this is ever going to gain acceptance as anything more than a niche industry it's going to take some manner of transparency with sales.

Maybe that's just me.

Maybe I'm just plain ol' naive but if this is ever going to gain acceptance as anything more than a niche industry it's going to take some manner of transparency with sales.

Maybe that's just me.

I don't care how much profit a dealer makes,that's his business.The price a dealer sold a book for shouldn't be considered rude at all.

Maybe that's just me.

I don't care how much profit a dealer makes,that's his business.The price a dealer sold a book for shouldn't be considered rude at all.

Mmmmmhmmm

Totally agree, the obsession in this thread about the price of this book is relentless...I suppose if you primarily value Hulk 1 in terms of it's monetary value, that's all that really matters. :(

Maybe that's just me.

And if you'll re visit my original post you'll see that I only asked if he was willing to share what his CONVENTION ASK PRICE was.

If the book hit an unofficial GPA high I would imagine that would be a good advertisement for him. Another feather in the Gator cap or brag book so to speak.

But if he chooses not to share that's a-okay with me as well. (thumbs u

-J.