• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

The old label likely had something to do with that price.

(thumbs u

CGC doesn't grade like that anymore, just take a look at the other 3.0's in the Heritage Archives from the last 5 years. lol

really good looking copy...and yes, hulk 1's that visually attractive are pushing 4K a point (thumbs u

Yes, but how much?

none, imo....good pq and no mc, they are selling for 4K a point...3.0=12K seems right on fmv

Yes, but how much?

none, imo....good pq and no mc, they are selling for 4K a point...3.0=12K seems right on fmv

Sounds good to me!

So, in your opinion, at around the 3.0 - 5.0 point range, are Hulk 1 and AF15 almost at par?

Yes, but how much?

Sounds good to me!

So, in your opinion, at around the 3.0 - 5.0 point range, are Hulk 1 and AF15 almost at par?

sold 3 hulk 1s and 3 af15's...all 5 of the 6 at 4K a point (all 5.0 and under)....

messed up on one af15 and had last years sticker on it, but honored price, of course...

Yes, but how much?

Sounds good to me!

sold 3 hulk 1s and 3 af15's...all 5 of the 6 at 4K a point (all 5.0 and under)....

messed up on one af15 and had last years sticker on it, but honored price, of course...

That's some great sales! I did not realize that Hulk 1 had risen so quickly. So I guess one of those books will need to take the lead at the top of the Silver Age at some point over the next few months.

Let's see AF 15 common as dirt,Incredible Hulk 1 hardest to come by major Silver age key.

It's about damn time Hulk gets his due! You can't throw a rock without hitting an AF 15 at shows or on the internet,Hulks I'm afraid are not that easy to find.

I'm not too biased,and I do own both. Well...... Maybe a little biased. (shrug)

Let's see AF 15 common as dirt,Incredible Hulk 1 hardest to come by major Silver age key.

It's about damn time Hulk gets his due! You can't throw a rock without hitting an AF 15 at shows or on the internet,Hulks I'm afraid are not that easy to find.

Dave rampaginghulk.gif is Green-Vs-Grey-Hulk.gif not clap.gif biased hulk-groundshake.gif at hulk2-animated-animation-male-smile.gif all! hulk-spidey.gif

Dave rampaginghulk.gif is Green-Vs-Grey-Hulk.gif not clap.gif biased hulk-groundshake.gif at hulk2-animated-animation-male-smile.gif all! hulk-spidey.gif

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! :roflmao:

Yes, but how much?

It's interesting to hear that perspective from someone who obviously has a much better handle on the market than I (and 98% of folks) do. The "old label bump" that I've always heard about is due to the greater likelihood of an unpressed book, and a general perception that grading was stricter in the early days. Since this book has such strong eye appeal it could certainly support the latter point. So you don't see any truth behind this general perception that old label books are more likely to bring strong prices because of the possibility of a grade bump on a resub or CPR? Or you just don't think it was a factor in this particular instance?

there were more hulk 1's on walls at megacon than AF15...almost 2 to 1 more hulks...

Yes, but how much?

It's interesting to hear that perspective from someone who obviously has a much better handle on the market than I (and 98% of folks) do. The "old label bump" that I've always heard about is due to the greater likelihood of an unpressed book, and a general perception that grading was stricter in the early days. Since this book has such strong eye appeal it could certainly support the latter point. So you don't see any truth behind this general perception that old label books are more likely to bring strong prices because of the possibility of a grade bump on a resub or CPR? Or you just don't think it was a factor in this particular instance?

a 3.0 is a 3.0 for a reason...10 years ago or today...there are just as many unpressed 3.0's today, I suspect, as then (thumbs u

there were more hulk 1's on walls at megacon than AF15...almost 2 to 1 more hulks...

Do you think there being many more AF15s out there than IH1 is perception, or fact?