• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

7,236 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2024 at 12:12 AM, OtherEric said:

I think I've identified a couple more Ace wraparound covers, I'll probably order them next week.  But I've got enough on the way that I don't want to add to the pile right this second...

You could store some of the cooler stuff at my crib. Anything to help a Brother out, just saying. Hit me up for the deets. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 4/8/2024 at 6:19 AM, jimjum12 said:

You could store some of the cooler stuff at my crib. Anything to help a Brother out, just saying. Hit me up for the deets. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I appreciate your generous offer and will consider it, Jimbo.

On 4/8/2024 at 2:41 PM, Pat Calhoun said:

im884.jpg

See, this is fantastic to me :x  She's cute and you can see the swish in her walk, and maybe that blouse is down a button too far, but I don't consider it trashy.  The boys are gawking and admirin and smiling but just being boys, not leering.  Even grandma on the stairs ain't judging.  It's a subversion of sleaze and JD hysteria (just like a lot of JD fiction I've read which seems to have its heart in the right place, at least most of the time).

On 4/8/2024 at 6:51 PM, Darwination said:

See, this is fantastic to me :x  She's cute and you can see the swish in her walk, and maybe that blouse is down a button too far, but I don't consider it trashy.  The boys are gawking and admirin and smiling but just being boys, not leering.  Even grandma on the stairs ain't judging.  It's a subversion of sleaze and JD hysteria (just like a lot of JD fiction I've read which seems to have its heart in the right place, at least most of the time).

Walter Popp's cover girl is gritty and excellent - and this one is a great read to boot. Calling the dude a "Heel" is kindness, he's a real POS :)

On 4/8/2024 at 4:10 PM, Surfing Alien said:

This article about Hitt is more colorful and entertaining than a dull Wiki...

https://www.criminalelement.com/orrie-hitt-the-shakespeare-of-shabby-street-hall-of-fame-pulp-brian-greene/

Writing at a typewriter in the kitchen all day?  Not a place I can write. Cool article.

Then the bonus of the staunch ownership of the word "pulp" in the comments by a pulp magazine fan, always good for a chuckle.