• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

Looks like they leave the bottom unsealed so you can still read it.

Why didn't CGC think of that? I have some slabs I really want to read and dont have a reader copy...

Went from Vault grading to CGC grading pretty quick there....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-1963-1st-Series-141-CGC-9-6-1109325021-/141188866727?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20df8322a7

AND has the cgc number correct. 1109325021

Hmm....reslabbing a comic or unlableling it from one company to another.... That is straight up fraud is it not?

Kind of weird but when you enter in the verification number from the back of the books onto their Asset Verification page none of the ID# starting with 141001001xxx shows up in their system. Also, the only id# that seems to show any verified books start with the following id# 140000000XXX. The last 3 numbers, starting with the number "9" are in increments of 3's. Book 009 has been verified to belong to a board member. In-between #21 and #78 are quite a few books that are listed but aren't graded. I just thought that they would assign out numbers in order and as they come in they would be graded but I just thought it was strange to have gaps of ungraded books in between. I guess its just a different numbering system they're using.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-1963-1st-Series-141-CGC-9-6-1109325021-/141188866727?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20df8322a7

Hmm....reslabbing a comic or unlableling it from one company to another.... That is straight up fraud is it not?

Well they do offer Re-grading services. Unbelievable that someone would send in a CGC graded 9.6 and spend the $32 to have them reslab it under that label. Does the book show a CGC grade? I know the listing does. If the CGC grade is on the slab then how will buyers know that the numbers just aren't swiped from legitimate books especially with so many images of CGC books are on line.

Well they do offer Re-grading services. Unbelievable that someone would send in a CGC graded 9.6 and spend the $32 to have them reslab it under that label. Does the book show a CGC grade? I know the listing does. If the CGC grade is on the slab then how will buyers know that the numbers just aren't swiped from legitimate books especially with so many images of CGC books are on line.

That my friend, was the point. Or, I was thinking, just to promote themselves, why not take the CGC label out and put in your own.

I really don't get the point of reslabs...I mean, unless the slab itself was damaged, why bother?

That my friend, was the point. Or, I was thinking, just to promote themselves, why not take the CGC label out and put in your own.

I really don't get the point of reslabs...I mean, unless the slab itself was damaged, why bother?

Well..at one point their books were selling for 60% higher that CGC books, or some bs like that. :eyeroll:

Well..at one point their books were selling for 60% higher that CGC books, or some bs like that. :eyeroll:

lol Good point ;)

I'm opening a comic grading company/taco stand. we only grade books right out of the shipment box and guarantee our 9.8 grade.