• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

At least I got mine before they were NARU'd. It's a beauty. Too bad about the PQ downgrade. :banana:

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

How can a book 6 months old have off-white to white pages?

Almost as good of a question as: Why would someone slab a NM copy with off-white/white pages when 9.8s are so plentiful?

:screwy:

Got a "Contact Us" email this past week from one of my websites from an "Adam Kubert" - and no, I don't know if it was THAT Adam Kubert - wanting to know if I had any Vault graded comics for sale. I replied that I didn't and told him it was the first time I had ever heard of Vault Grading. I'll stick with CGC for the foreseeable future...

BTW, someone said awhile back in this thread that if a company didn't have a toll free number than they weren't the real deal (I paraphrased that). Well, in this era of cell phones, why in the heck would anyone NEED a toll free number. I get charged minutes for whatever number I call, toll free or not - there is no "Long Distance" anymore unless you have an antiquated land line.

You search on Vault in the comics of eBay and you get almost 1300 matches. Vault of Evil, Vault of Horror, Richie Rich's Vault of Mystery, Venon Deathtrap: The Vault.... and on and on. Not sure this name of Vault is going to be ideal for search purposes.

You search on Vault in the comics of eBay and you get almost 1300 matches. Vault of Evil, Vault of Horror, Richie Rich's Vault of Mystery, Venon Deathtrap: The Vault.... and on and on. Not sure this name of Vault is going to be ideal for search purposes.

No worries. If you're interested in some of their books, you can go directly to their site where, "From time to time our clients retain our services to privately place their collectible assets. Interested in acquiring any of the books listed below? Ask us about our Private Placement services by contacting..."

At least I got mine before they were NARU'd. It's a beauty. Too bad about the PQ downgrade. :banana:

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

Paper can dull surprisingly quickly. A friend who is a Target manager told that they replace the paperback books each month by walking along the rack and looking at the tops of the books. The off-white books get packed up and returned, the white books are the recent ones. He said the color changes after 30 days.

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

Paper can dull surprisingly quickly. A friend who is a Target manager told that they replace the paperback books each month by walking along the rack and looking at the tops of the books. The off-white books get packed up and returned, the white books are the recent ones. He said the color changes after 30 days.

I'd like to believe that. But when a book like this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7438390#Post7438390

With obvious fading gets white pages and books from the 50's up have white pages, I'd call your friend a liar.

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

I'd like to believe that. But when a book like this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7438390#Post7438390

With obvious fading gets white pages and books from the 50's up have white pages, I'd call your friend a liar.

I imagine the UV rays from the fluorescent lights have a lot to do with the pages going off-white that quickly. Some stores have many lights like that.

Don't tanning beds use the same type of lights, only more of them? Sunlight and fluorescent light bulbs cannot be good for paper

N7mLJnYl.jpgVc8861Ql.jpg

Paperbacks use the cheapest lignin-filled newsprint you can buy - they yellow very fast.

Modern comic books are printed on much nicer paper stock - there's no chance whatsoever paper quality on a modern book will change during 6 months unless it's subjected to such extreme treatment that the book is almost destroyed. It's absolute nonsense that this book was graded with "OW/W" pages.

The misspelling of "odorless" on many of their labels as "oderless" is certainly not going to help their initial impressions on the market... lol

which grammar school did you drop out of DA ...LMAO

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

adjective: odourless; adjective: odorless

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

synonyms: unscented, fragrance-free; More

The misspelling of "odorless" on many of their labels as "oderless" is certainly not going to help their initial impressions on the market... lol

which grammar school did you drop out of DA ...LMAO

o·dor·less

ˈōdərlis/

adjective

adjective: odourless; adjective: odorless

having no odor.

"an odorless gas"

synonyms: unscented, fragrance-free; More

Unless I missed your point you just proved him right!