• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault Grading?????????....huh?

857 posts in this topic

Im new to the thread and read these posts. I used to work at a comic books/novelty store in NYC owned by Gianni Amato. I never met him but know that he was a hedge fund guy in NYC and then opened other businesses including a comic related art gallery in Williamson and other stores that sold comics. He sold the stores i worked at to a guy named Eddie Berlin last Sept.. Ed Berlin is a total POS. I quit a month after that guy took over the stores because he was a total scumbag. I read the mail posted by comicart1 and that is definitely Eddie Berlin - he talks just like he writes.

bth_wow.gif

WTTB

Im new to the thread and read these posts. I used to work at a comic books/novelty store in NYC owned by Gianni Amato. I never met him but know that he was a hedge fund guy in NYC and then opened other businesses including a comic related art gallery in Williamson and other stores that sold comics. He sold the stores i worked at to a guy named Eddie Berlin last Sept.. Ed Berlin is a total POS. I quit a month after that guy took over the stores because he was a total scumbag. I read the mail posted by comicart1 and that is definitely Eddie Berlin - he talks just like he writes.

popcorn2_zps25fbfcaa.gif

Welcome to the boards. I look forward to your future posts.

Once my new 3-D printer arrives in the mail I'm going onto the grading/slabbing business and will be able to accommodate onsite grading. :idea:

Andy, you're on to something here. Each book is freshly slab before your eyes while you get to watch your slab freshly made. Brilliant!

You only get one:

Each book is freshly slab before your eyes

Or

You get to watch your slab freshly made

If you want both you have to pay the extra Wicked Fast Track** fee of $29.99

**Fast Track name is already being used

I just don't see CGC ever getting any real competition-collectors will always prefer a known name than some new guy. Even if a company was perfect, they just won't get the traction because CGC is already known and trusted (mostly). And the books can easily be resold, which would be a big 'if' with a new company. CGC is here to stay, folks.

Once my new 3-D printer arrives in the mail I'm going onto the grading/slabbing business and will be able to accommodate onsite grading. :idea:

Andy, you're on to something here. Each book is freshly slab before your eyes while you get to watch your slab freshly made. Brilliant!

You only get one:

Each book is freshly slab before your eyes

Or

You get to watch your slab freshly made

If you want both you have to pay the extra Wicked Fast Track** fee of $29.99

Or, go with the Wicked Tasty Fast Track option for edible slab.

Does that mean all the CGC 9.8s are really 10s over at Vault?

:lol:

-slym

my grading company will go to '11'.

Does that mean all the CGC 9.8s are really 10s over at Vault?

:lol:

-slym

my grading company will go to '11'.

plus it will be like progressive insurance-just tell us the grade you want and we'll tell you how much it will cost.

Funny story:

So I posted this over the weekend.

contactcopy_zpsf1789275.jpg

I then called each number, not hiding my cell #. The first number went to a strange, business orientated voice mail. I didn't leave a message.

The second call resulted in someone picking up. On a Sunday afternoon.

On Sunday at 10:47p I get a text message from anonymous@textem.net that read,

"When i find you - i am going to hurt you."

This is the first time I've ever gotten an anonymous text message. Weird coincidence.

IMG_2349_zps7c2bf8fc.jpg

It could have been worse :whee: :

salad1.jpg

people that say 'I'm going to find you' never do.

Thanks man - BTW those hamsters are funny as hell. I think i have a pic of me and Gianni Amato's girlfriend and lawyer- sounds crazy but his lawyer and his GF stopped by the shop to pick up insurance papers before he sold the shops. She was hotter than hell and from what i understood he really likes X-23 - it is his favorite character and she kind of looks like her. He bought like 500 copies of the avengers #14 and had apparently paid M. Deodato a -tonne of cash for a custom art rendition of X23. Let me look to see what i can find - those pics are in my old phone. I might also have a pic of Eddie Berlin so you guys can see what he looks like and what a tool and a POS he is. Guy is dogcrap -Ed Berlin is a total criminal - i absolutely believe he shilled those auctions and all that - and wrote those threatening emails - he used to do that all the time when i worked for him. Real scum of the earth. will post back soon.

Thanks man - BTW those hamsters are funny as hell. I think i have a pic of me and Gianni Amato's girlfriend and lawyer- sounds crazy but his lawyer and his GF stopped by the shop to pick up insurance papers before he sold the shops. She was hotter than hell and from what i understood he really likes X-23 - it is his favorite character and she kind of looks like her. He bought like 500 copies of the avengers #14 and had apparently paid M. Deodato a -tonne of cash for a custom art rendition of X23. Let me look to see what i can find - those pics are in my old phone. I might also have a pic of Eddie Berlin so you guys can see what he looks like and what a tool and a POS he is. Guy is dogcrap -Ed Berlin is a total criminal - i absolutely believe he shilled those auctions and all that - and wrote those threatening emails - he used to do that all the time when i worked for him. Real scum of the earth. will post back soon.

Which store was it? I'm an NYC guy, so jus wondering if I ever got to meet one of these awesome people.