• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox lights Bat Signal - "Gotham" pilot ordered

44 posts in this topic

Agreed. I get what they are going for, to a degree, but the Smallville approach doesn't seem to work for me without the superpowers.

^^

Thank you.

And I dont think I will rush to watch an 11 yr old Wayne tussle with a 13 yr old Joker @ 3:00 after school either. lol

Donal Logue offered the part of Harvey Bullock, not Gordon, in ‘Gotham’

When I originally got the tip from my source that Donal Logue got the offer, I made error and assumed it was for the Gordon part. I was wrong. My fault. I apologize. What Donal Logue actually got the offer was for Det. Harvey Bullock who is in his 40s and described as Gordon’s mentor in the pilot. Again, my apologies to the readers because sometimes, in the race to be first with a scoop, I didn’t bother to ask for which part which was pretty amateur and stupid on my part. As they say, assumption is the mother of all screwups as I just proved. Won’t happen again. So Donal Logue did in fact get an offer but for another part and not Gordon. Hope this clears things up.

Huh, I might watch the pilot to see how this series opens. I had seen the whole series "Smallville" - which was pretty good. But a 12 years old Bruce Wayne? Somehow it feels like this series is exploring deeper after Bruce's parents got shot... like the series is trying to reveal more origins of other characters (and super-villains) at the same time.

I'm not sure about that but I'll give it a shot when it come out. Yeah, a dark version of Smallville - definely alright! :baiting:

You guys are disappointing me.

What a freakin' dumb idea. Honestly?

It makes everything Batman look like a joke.

Peace,

Chip

Agreed. I get what they are going for, to a degree, but the Smallville approach doesn't seem to work for me without the superpowers.

but they don't have superpowers anyway...

its certainly worth a shot, better trying and failing than standing around wondering what could have been

Sounds a lot like the approach they took to Caprica (the vantage point being humanity on the edge of the Cylon discovery) - which I liked, but by the 6th or 7th episode, could see that it was going to be cancelled. I hope creators take a look at that concept and work a way around it become stalled mid-season or mid-story - because I think 'Gotham' is a cool idea.

http://screencrush.com/fox-gotham-batman-villain-penguin-oswald/

Its pilot supposedly featuring Gordon’s investigation of the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, ‘Gotham’ will explore “the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham famous,” with its pilot to be written and executive produced by ‘The Mentalist”s Bruno Heller, along with Warner Bros. Television, and directed by ‘Judge Dredd’ helmer Danny Cannon. It has also been confirmed that ‘Gotham’ will not have any direct ties to Ben Affleck‘s take on the Dark Knight for ‘Batman vs. Superman‘ or The CW’s ‘Arrow.’

Seeing that it's going to air on FOX, the fact that it won't have ties to Arrow on the CW isn't that surprising. doh!

Sounds a lot like the approach they took to Caprica (the vantage point being humanity on the edge of the Cylon discovery) - which I liked, but by the 6th or 7th episode, could see that it was going to be cancelled. I hope creators take a look at that concept and work a way around it become stalled mid-season or mid-story - because I think 'Gotham' is a cool idea.

I really miss Caprica. I'll watch anything BSG-related, even those cheesy webisodes. :)

I heard they're probably going to cancel 'Almost Human' (much to my dismay), so it really does seem as if well-known super heroes have an edge over basic science fiction at this moment in time. 'Gotham' might work. 'Arrow' has certainly done well, and we'll get a chance to see how 'Flash' does soon.

Almost Human is missing any kind of emotional connection between the characters and the show's audience. I'm not surprised that it's not catching on.

I think you may be right, although I also think the last episode took a step in that direction. The show works well for me though. I'm tired of seeing sensitive emoting males on screen. I like the 'Dirty Harry' approach. :)

Almost Human is missing any kind of emotional connection between the characters and the show's audience. I'm not surprised that it's not catching on.

In not so surprising news, one of the major reasons for that is because FOX has been airing the episodes out of order , much like they did with Firefly. Why spend money on a show if you aren't going to follow the vision of those producing it? :makepoint:

In not so surprising news, one of the major reason for that is because FOX has been airing the episodes out of order , much like they did with Firefly. Why spend money on a show if you aren't going to follow the vision of those producing it? :makepoint:

That sucks.

There's nothing like getting shot with the starting pistol when you're trying to build momentum out of the gate.

Heeeeeeere's Bruce!

Q3IoFUI.jpg

LINK

There’s a new budding millionaire bachelor in Gotham City. Warner Bros. TV has tapped “Touch” alum David Mazouz for the role of a pre-teen Bruce Wayne in “Gotham,” the studio’s Batman origins drama for Fox.

Mazouz will play boy who leans on his butler Alfred and Commissioner James Gordon for guidance after his wealthy parents are murdered. Bruce Wayne has traditionally been the alter ego of the Caped Crusader — but Mazouz will not at any point become Batman in the show, something Warner Bros. took pains to point that out in announcing the casting.

Mazouz played Kiefer Sutherland’s son in the Fox drama “Touch.”

Also cast in “Gotham,” which has a series order from Fox, is Camren Bicondova, who will play Selina Kyle, a teenage orphan and street thief who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable.

Deals for Mazouz and Bicondova mark the last two regular roles to be cast in “Gotham,” which focuses on young Commissioner Gordon’s adventures in law enforcement and in the roots of the villains that Batman later faces in trying to police Gotham City.

If the producers want, they could still have Batman. This kid is only 12, if the show pulls a Smallville and lasts for 10 seasons, he could be 22 by the end of the series. He may be able to pull off a young 22 year old Batman. Still not too likely since he has to graduate High School and then leave America to get training. I doubt he can get all that training within 4 years.

Although, if there is a big enough demand, they may still push for it. The creators of Smallville said there would be no tights and no flying but both of those went out the window (sort of) by the series finale.