• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

Didn't think it would ever happen but the first new Maxx story in 20 years is coming next week. A one shot to benefit the Hero Initiative.

I'm going to have to pick this one up next week for sure !!!

on another note i was deciding i would like to restart my original Maxx set. i'm pissed i got rid of issues 2-7. as i looked today at my local comic shop were i traded them and numerous other titles 6 months back for store credit they are now selling my issues for $6.00 bucks a pop....

As for Sam Keith, i was recently reading an article saying he was ready for that comic book artist retirement. :o So this is defintely a shocker. will this be a free issue or one with a price on it ?

So out of curiousity does anybody have a full set of maxx 1-35 CGC ? or better yet all maxx issues CGC 9.8 grade ?

that right there would be a marvelous set.

There are some people with some pretty cool Maxx stuff around here....

:whistle:

So out of curiousity does anybody have a full set of maxx 1-35 CGC ? or better yet all maxx issues CGC 9.8 grade ?

Gee, I wonder who that could be? hm

My guess is that TJ has the most complete Maxx set in 9.8 as far as the regular run. I sold him most of mine along with some graded ashcans including a black 2. I haven't looked at the registry for a few years though.

Then there's IbeforeE (not sure if that's her exact board name) and she has the complete ashcan run graded and there's one more boardie with a complete ashcan set as well. Still waiting on him to put it in this thread!

Had :(

Gee, I wonder who that could be? hm

I would imagine it's several of the people posting in this thread. ;)

My guess is that TJ has the most complete Maxx set in 9.8 as far as the regular run. I sold him most of mine along with some graded ashcans including a black 2. I haven't looked at the registry for a few years though.

Then there's IbeforeE (not sure if that's her exact board name) and she has the complete ashcan run graded and there's one more boardie with a complete ashcan set as well. Still waiting on him to put it in this thread!

Did you get that #2 from me?

hm

I've been keeping track of the various ones I've sold...I started with 10, and have 3 left. One of the other ones I had was the one sold earlier this year.

I've only seen two others #2s out there not from my hoard. I don't know what numbers they are, but IbeforeE has one, and oftimespast had the other, back in...I want to say 07.

Actually got that #2 off ebay and sent it in for grading along with my #1. Came back an 8.0 and the #1 was a 9.0. Don't know the seller of the #2 but I seem to remember they weren't in the US.

MCS has some pretty neat Sam Kieth auto's for 1-6 in their November auction.

Strange that they list the other auto as " Sam Oliff " Wasn't it " Steve Oliff" who did the coloring for Kieth? Must be a mistake.

Edited by Silverdream

Look in my sig...

now i see it !! (thumbs u

very nice !!!

as i started looking on ebay for certain copies. i noticed they aren't too easy to find. and i recall my one of last posts a few pages back saying these are all over the $1,00 bins. true they are but im sure its damn hard to get majority of these graded and with a 9.8 grading.

Edited by Donmeca2020

Look in my sig...

now i see it !! (thumbs u

very nice !!!

as i started looking on ebay for certain copies. i noticed they aren't too easy to find. and i recall my one of last posts a few pages back saying these are all over the $1,00 bins. true they are but im sure its damn hard to get majority of these graded and with a 9.8 grading.

I remember "Friends of Maxx" being difficult to locate. Now I have all the Image tpb's that form an image on the side when they all line up that has the complete run.