• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

just won an auction on ebay and ended up landing max 1 glow in the dark. #1,2,3,4,6 and a gold copy of the wizard mini maxx comic.

anyone know how scared the glow in the dark #1 titles are? i see them on ebay but alot of them are in some condition.

anyone know how scared the glow in the dark #1 titles are?.

They're terribly frightened.

But I remember when they first came out...$60 each! :o

I ended up buying about 30 of them for $1 each back in the early 00's...

:cloud9:

i mean't to type scarce :hi:

yea i also recall seeing them back in the days usually located on the shelve behind the comic guy and the prices back in the 90s were about $30 to $40 bucks.

anyone know how scared the glow in the dark #1 titles are?.

They're terribly frightened.

But I remember when they first came out...$60 each! :o

I ended up buying about 30 of them for $1 each back in the early 00's...

:cloud9:

i mean't to type scarce :hi:

yea i also recall seeing them back in the days usually located on the shelve behind the comic guy and the prices back in the 90s were about $30 to $40 bucks.

Probably around 10k? I think most image golds had print runs around there?

Hey guys, just to clarify something, I have two accounts (board names) here. My wife started one some years back and even posted a few times but quickly gave up on it so I have commandeered it. I plan to use it here to ridicule all of you who collect Maxx drek and then come back as Grails to defend you.

Sounds like a plan.

What could possibly go wrong...?

At least Kieth admits to being lazy and not wanting to do Maxx stuff
He's doing new covers. What more is there to do? Sometimes the story ends.

Speaking of new covers...

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1182197&GSub=156680

Bravo (worship):golfclap:

just won an auction on ebay and ended up landing max 1 glow in the dark. #1,2,3,4,6 and a gold copy of the wizard mini maxx comic.

anyone know how scared the glow in the dark #1 titles are? i see them on ebay but alot of them are in some condition.

One of my favorite books! Highest grade is 9.8, 19 blue label, and 7 yellow label. I own two of those, both of which were from Mr. Kieths stash.

P1000503_zpsfa1b2a44.jpg

Finally had time to snap a quick pic of the of lot i won on a bid on ebay. all of them were in good shape i feel, the glow in the dark cover had a tiny crease very hard to see with a picture. i also was able to pick up that Hero comic from IDW this week from my LCS

69b8c799-1bab-4699-8594-41f276a14cc8_zps243826bb.jpg

Cool, been waiting for a Maxx collection to come out...

SO I picked up a blue #2 and #3 for a good price from across the pond.

Guess what? Rusty staples strikes again.

I am wondering if the quality of the staples used in the ashcans was subpar. I mean, they're ashcans. I get it. But I seem plagued by rusty staples for some reason...

I paid:

$50 for #1 Blue

$90 for #1 Red

$165 for #1 Yellow

$200 and $250 for #1 GITDs from Sam's stash in CGC SS 9.8

#1 should be the easiest to come by in comparison to #2 and #3 Black I think.

Also, there are probably less than 20 of us that care about these.

Prices are all over the place on black ashcans and it just depends on who's watching at the time of auction. I don't believe these books are affected too much by grading/slabbing either. I've had two black #1's at one point. Both were off ebay with one being out of the US with little exposure.

The last two sales of a black #1 were $600 and $2000. Neither of which are on GPA. One of them was auctioned raw on ebay and the other sold from boardie to boardie. RMA had/has around a dozen black 2's and at least three members here each own a black #3. Hard to say one is harder to acquire over the other. There have been opportunities to buy all three.