• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2017 at 9:04 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

how much do you charge for your services hm I found one raw, didn't press it though, thought it'd come back in the 9's at worst 8.5, came back 8.0 lol even those who held it in hand raw were surprised.....plus at LCS nearly every copy they've had for a while has been priced at $300 raw...... :) 

Not really looking to make this into a business, I mainly press for myself.  

24 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Not really looking to make this into a business, I mainly press for myself.  

Don't mind me, I was a little jealous that you picked such a nice copy is all :) 

Just dug this relic out of my parents basement, I can't even imagine how many times it has been read. My cousins and I beat our comics like they owed us money when we were kids. This is one of the lucky few to still have a cover attached :acclaim:

YXWVjoX.jpg

36 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

It's alive and exists, I'll trade you a TTA 84 for it:roflmao:

It's complete and firmly attached, I'd like to try a press for scientific purposes. See if that spine roll would ever come out. 

Edited by Chadwick

1 minute ago, Chadwick said:

It's complete and firmly attached, I'd like to send for a press for scientific purposes. See if that spine roll would ever come out. 

I'm sure it will look really nice after a press. Those chunky spine ticks though...

On 3/31/2017 at 9:39 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Don't mind me, I was a little jealous that you picked such a nice copy is all :) 

I've bought about a half dozen raws over the years before I finally came across a 9.8.  Keep lookin!  You'll score one eventually 

26 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I've bought about a half dozen raws over the years before I finally came across a 9.8.  Keep lookin!  You'll score one eventually 

Considering 9.8's in the wild look to be about 1 in 20, you still did well.  (thumbsu

-J.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:
1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Just looking at the percentage of 9.8's of all copies on the census....

-J.

Because every ASM 300 has been subbed, right?

Sounds like enough have been graded to be statistically significant to me. 

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Minty fresh.  (worship):cloud9:

-J.

Thanks.  They weren't always expensive.  Barring any erroneously placed other copies, of my 8 four are newstand and  four direct, although direct are generally nicer.

9 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Thanks.  They weren't always expensive.  Barring any erroneously placed other copies, of my 8 four are newstand and  four direct, although direct are generally nicer.

It's fantastic that you held onto them.  

Seemed to me that 1 in 20 sounded like a pretty darn reasonable extrapolation for pulling a 9.8 in the wild now.  Considering that's what the census shows after 17 years+ of heavy, heavy submissions and it's one of the most slabbed books of all time, if not THE most.  The book will be 30 years old next year,  even 1 out of 20 might look like a pipe dream going forward.  

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

It's fantastic that you held onto them.  

Seemed to me that 1 in 20 sounded like a pretty darn reasonable extrapolation for pulling a 9.8 in the wild now.  Considering that's what the census shows after 17 years+ of heavy, heavy submissions and it's one of the most slabbed books of all time, if not THE most.  The book will be 30 years old next year,  even 1 out of 20 might look like a pipe dream going forward.  

-J.

Think there might be more than a few longboxes of them out there in collections of collectors in there 60's now.  I'm a little younger but it did come out at a time when I frequently bought multiple copies of books I liked.  The market appears insatiable for them now.

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Sounds like enough have been graded to be statistically significant to me. 

Really? On a gigantic, publicized, hallmark numbered issue, enough have been submitted for grading (when typically only high grade copies are submitted) to say there is a 1/20 chance of finding a copy and getting a 9.8?