• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

I care lol. I'd spend a few extra hundred to get newsstand versions of a book.

If I had a choice I'll always choose newsstand over direct copies. There is a difference.

I watched that auction and it didn't surprise me that it sold for $1,600.

To each their own I guess.

I'm back in the club baby!

zSz8dM.jpg

Jerome

If I had a choice I'll always choose newsstand over direct copies. There is a difference.

zSz8dM.jpg

Jerome

No need to pay "extra" for anything if you're patient and vigilant (but of course someone will always take extra money from you if you insist on throwing it at them for no reason). Here's yet another "newsstand" that ended right at GPA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-300-1988-CBCS-9-8-WP-1ST-VENOM-NICKEL-CITY-COLLECTION-/232120944925?hash=item360b7c891d:g:TngAAOSw4f5YCiW9

That $1600 sale was a bizarre outlier.

Welcome back to the club Jerome ! :applause:

-J.

zSz8dM.jpg

Jerome

No need to pay "extra" for anything if you're patient and vigilant (but of course someone will always take extra money from you if you insist on throwing it at them for no reason). Here's yet another "newsstand" that ended right at GPA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-300-1988-CBCS-9-8-WP-1ST-VENOM-NICKEL-CITY-COLLECTION-/232120944925?hash=item360b7c891d:g:TngAAOSw4f5YCiW9

-J.

If that was in a CGC slab, is there not a strong possibility it would have ended over GPA? Maybe not $1600, but I'm just saying.

zSz8dM.jpg

Jerome

-J.

If that was in a CGC slab, is there not a strong possibility it would have ended over GPA? Maybe not $1600, but I'm just saying.

Nah. ASM 300 is a far too easy and commonly graded book in either version for anyone to have to pay what would then amount to a "double premium".

There have been both direct and newsstand copies in CGC slabs that have gone for outlier prices from time to time.

-J.

Eddie Brock is about to get the symbiote back and Marvel is returning to legacy numbering.  

I suspect this book is about to surge again, if it wasn't surging already.   A copy already was just popped at $1495 this afternoon.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-300-CGC-9-8-White-Marvel-1988-1st-full-appearance-Venom-/2spam191224?hash=item2ef142eef8:g:-HoAAOSwhOVXeOeb

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Eddie Brock is about to get the symbiote back and Marvel is returning to legacy numbering.  

I suspect this book is about to surge again, if it wasn't surging already.   A copy already was just popped at $1495 this afternoon.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-300-CGC-9-8-White-Marvel-1988-1st-full-appearance-Venom-/2spam191224?hash=item2ef142eef8:g:-HoAAOSwhOVXeOeb

-J.

Not even a newsstand edition:ohnoez:.

Stupid question...what's so important about legacy numbering?

On 3/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, Kevin76 said:

Even 9.6s are going for over 500, 9.4's pushing 400

I just shake my head with how expensive everything is becoming, or rather how fast prices are climbing.  I completely overpaid for my 9.6 not six months ago ($450) from a local shop and now I've technically made money.  There are so many books I want to get that it's becoming near impossible to prioritize them because they're all climbing so fast.  And I actually make a fair bit in my professional life.  I don't want to imagine what young collectors just starting out are facing.  

On 3/23/2017 at 0:09 PM, Andahaion said:

I just shake my head with how expensive everything is becoming, or rather how fast prices are climbing.  I completely overpaid for my 9.6 not six months ago ($450) from a local shop and now I've technically made money.  There are so many books I want to get that it's becoming near impossible to prioritize them because they're all climbing so fast.  And I actually make a fair bit in my professional life.  I don't want to imagine what young collectors just starting out are facing.  

One book at a time.  That's how I look at it, but I was just looking at the recent comiclink sales auction and was getting sticker shock at how any marvel book in HG, the prices are getting out of control. DC stuff is starting to catch up but the heavy hitter is still ASM. Bronze ASM in 9.8 has been getting up there and I do believe ASM 200-328 will follow suit...$500 ASM 316 anyone?  With the way things are going, I can see it happening in time.  

I recently got an ASM 300 9.8 White...Saw it in the comic store display case for $225.00+tax, Pressed out the spine roll and came back a 9.8...so glad I didn't have to pay the $1500 ebay price tag. Now onto finding a raw 9.8 copy of 301 to have graded.  

Edited by Kevin76

On 3/25/2017 at 11:04 PM, Kevin76 said:

I recently got an ASM 300 9.8 White...Saw it in the comic store display case for $225.00+tax, Pressed out the spine roll and came back a 9.8...so glad I didn't have to pay the $1500 ebay price tag. Now onto finding a raw 9.8 copy of 301 to have graded.  

how much do you charge for your services hm I found one raw, didn't press it though, thought it'd come back in the 9's at worst 8.5, came back 8.0 lol even those who held it in hand raw were surprised.....plus at LCS nearly every copy they've had for a while has been priced at $300 raw...... :) 

On 11/25/2016 at 4:40 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Nah. ASM 300 is a far too easy and commonly graded book in either version for anyone to have to pay what would then amount to a "double premium".

There have been both direct and newsstand copies in CGC slabs that have gone for outlier prices from time to time.

-J.

Same can be said about Hulk 181