• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

That signature on here just makes me sad. Either it's the worst forgery attempt in history and someone defiled an AF15 with it.... Or, it's real and Stan was towards the end of his life and no longer able to sign legibly. 

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Damazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1544799&id=1544799&itemType=0

On 1/17/2022 at 8:10 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've never thought about this in quite the way you've framed it, but I completely agree.

For books where chipping is common, chipping or no chipping becomes a significant variable among books of the same grade -- and I'm with you that it's more significant than page quality.

Here's mine, which I suppose proves that we're on the same page.  (thumbsu

359454061_AmazingFantasy15CGC5_0a.thumb.jpg.d3baa1725bc41fd3f5b1419cd5055ec2.jpg

Man, what a great copy.  Who would sell a book like that

:jokealert:

On 1/17/2022 at 6:29 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

I’m  lucky enough to have a pence copy of FF1, X-men 1, DD 1, TOS 39, JIM 83. Avengers 1, ST 110, Sgt Fury 1 and now an AF15. All picked up from various U.K. auctions. These are what I bought as a kid so the nostalgia runs deep with pence copies.

I’m blessed for sure. 

AmazingFantasyPence.jpeg

On 1/13/2022 at 5:42 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

There hasn't been an actual AF15 posted for a bit.

Here's mine again, which hopefully one day will enhance my retirement :)

978909690_AF15Scan1.thumb.jpg.1d9375b8928fd1a0c024941ead9abd2d.jpg

Wow…I’d fly to Sarasota and walk that on through…

On 1/18/2022 at 3:48 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Wow…I’d fly to Sarasota and walk that on through…

Cheers Aggie. I'm hoping to walk it through the London office later this year. I've never submitted before, so am slightly apprehensive. 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:45 PM, Batmanis#1 said:
On 1/15/2022 at 3:07 AM, Kalel38 said:

It’s a good thing I don’t live in the US there ain’t no capital gains tax on collectibles here.. Collectibles are tax free and that means comic books 👌

What country?

If I remember correctly, I believe that Tim said there are no capital gains taxes in Hong Kong, in addition to some other countries like Singapore.  :banana:

So, when he sold that Uncle Scrooge book for $90K a few months ago along with a fw other books, I guess it was all tax free and he go and buy that Hermes bag for his better half, although I am sure she already has all of that stuff.  (thumbsu

On 1/15/2022 at 3:07 AM, Kalel38 said:

It’s a good thing I don’t live in the US there ain’t no capital gains tax on collectibles here.. Collectibles are tax free and that means comic books 👌

Oh heck, I wish I was living in the U.S.A. when it comes to step-up capital gains and estate taxes with an exemption of almost $12M per person, as it's nothing but a huge huge loophole for not only the wealthy, but also the regular common people. :takeit:

Instead, I live in a country where our great leader boasts that unlike America where the poor unfortunate citizens are subject to estate taxes upon death, we have zero estate taxes when we die.  Of course, what he forgets to tell everybody is that the reason why we don't have any estate taxes is that upon your death, you probably have nothing left because you are deemed to have disposed of every single thing that you owned and hence you are fully liable to pay the capital gains taxes owing on your deemed dispositions, without a single dollar of exemption being allowed. :frustrated: :mad:  :censored: 

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/18/2022 at 3:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Oh heck, I wish I was living in the U.S.A. when it comes to step-up capital gains and estate taxes with an exemption of almost $12M per person, as it's nothing but a huge huge loophole for not only the wealthy, but also the regular common people.

I can vouch that it does not only apply to the wealthy. We were able to sell my Mom's farm based on a step-up cost basis, and we paid no taxes whatsoever. And I consider our family to be in the upper half of the middle class, but far from wealthy.