• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,563 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

When spending more than $5k one should make informed decisions.  Listening to cheerleaders and naysayers equals disaster.     I make my decisions based not on this thread.   I based it more on my private interactions with buyers and sellers, auctions houses and other external factors.  

Same for me but I guess the site does have some pull based on what some say.

6 hours ago, woowoo said:
14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

:bigsmile:

Peter I think both of us should get a copy of Fantasy 15 since we are on this thread a lot :popcorn:

Maybe after I finish my Tec run, and after a Bats1 and Sups 1.

Oh and also high grade JIM 83, Avengers 1 and X-Men 1. Sure !

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yes!  You guys can sell a pre-robin tec or two to me so you can get your AF 15 at this price range :baiting:

woowoo is gonna sell me his Tec27. He just doesn't know it yet. lol

2 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Oh and as I was getting off topic , my apologies. Lets get back to the thread topic. Here is one of my copies going up for grabs this next month, lets play guess the grade. :p 

AF15.jpg

wow ! nice copy and old label too.

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

Maybe after I finish my Tec run, my Action run and after a Bats1 and Sups 1.

Do you plan on living to be 200 years old:devil:

2 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:
23 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

the 1st cgc 9.6 copy, the one eric Roberts used to own

amazingspiderfan- did you used to be on the old cgc boards?  name rings a bell

I would put it at 2+ million, but how do you get the attention of someone that does not need the money, what would you have to offer to get them to consider it. Putting a price on the near unattainable is a difficult task, unless your a Lebanese ex prime minister's son with a billion dollar bank account and decide you like SA. 

Yup. Hariri could obtain an awesome SA collection overnight.

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, woowoo said:
12 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Maybe after I finish my Tec run, my Action run and after a Bats1 and Sups 1.

Do you plan on living to be 200 years old:devil:

You make a point so I dropped the Action run lol

I could already have a Supes1 but lost to snipe bid. :frown: Sell me your 27 so I can finish the Tec run. :bigsmile:

Edited by Gotham Kid

This is true, with great resources comes great collections. However I think that the elusiveness of top copies might surprise even a collector of his level. Considering it took 2 decades to put together the Impossible, I think it might take longer then overnight to achieve similar results in SA, awesome yes, epic no.

2 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

This is true, with great resources comes great collections. However I think that the elusiveness of top copies might surprise even a collector of his level. Considering it took 2 decades to put together the Impossible, I think it might take longer then overnight to achieve similar results in SA, awesome yes, epic no.

2 decades cause mostly GA. For SA, all he has to do is give Tommy a call ... lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Oh and speaking of who has a handle on AF15'S , Mr Robert Storms has his webs together to say the least. Those needing an affordable copy should check out his site he clearly saw this spike coming , as many of us anticipated. He has the most public copies for sale on the web at the moment , unless you prefer Josh's chipped copies.

The 6.5 cbcs copy has sold. Nice copy even if it was graded by the other guys.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On August 19, 2017 at 11:26 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Yes i enjoy spidey, af15 is the only silver age book that gets me excited.  I tried other silver age books too but none of them got my blood flowing as af15, i tried but i always end up with my one and only love-af15.  I get excited about the lower grades too, just as long as its unrestored.   Dealt with all the major dealers at ond point or another.  Also dealt with many boardie collectors too.  All the money i made from af15 has been poured back into my current inventory.  I also like turtles 1 too therefore i named myself spiderturtle when i joined the boards in 2009.  Big fan of mr gator, been following his expertise since 2009

and he was doing so good up to that point.

54 minutes ago, Qtr milerocket said:

The 6.5 cbcs copy was listed at $83,500 with a "make an offer" option, it probably sold at that price or very close to it, here is the link:

https://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=big_sales

James

Nice!! But they should change that noteable sales sections all of those prices (the image section) make it look funny.

Edited by SC22

51 minutes ago, Qtr milerocket said:

The 6.5 cbcs copy was listed at $83,500 with a "make an offer" option, it probably sold at that price or very close to it, here is the link:

https://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=big_sales

James

It really was a nice 6.5, regardless of who graded it.  Anything close to $83k for a 6.5 is an outstanding result.   

-J.

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

It really was a nice 6.5, regardless of who graded it.  Anything close to $83k for a 6.5 is an outstanding result.   

-J.

Can you post a image I can't find it? Seems to be about right 7.0's are selling at 100 000$ and more.

Edited by SC22