• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:
10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Threats ? :wishluck:

Are you hoping I'll get a strike?

Wow. Boy did you read that waaay wrong. I was following your lead of "calls made every day, with the tone getting angrier with each call" about your books.

Joke fail. doh!

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow. Boy did you read that waaay wrong. I was following your lead of "calls made every day, with the tone getting angrier with each call" about your books.

Fail. doh!

My life is a fail. And I'm gonna take it out on Bob Storm

I also plan on telling Bob how to run his comic business even though he's been in the biz for years selling all kinds of high end books and I've never done a damn thing. 

I've EARNED this right by buying about 500$ worth of X-men books from him. 

Edited by NoMan

30 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Likewise, I just bought some books from Bob and he warned me that it would take a while to ship because books were at various conventions and had to be pulled in addition to his hectic travel schedule. Even though I told him it was no problem and ship them when he could, I'm still going to call everyday and demand my books. I'm going to call several times a day in fact. I'm not going to stop calling until I have my books. Each call will be angrier then the last. I'm a SERIOUS COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR and the everyone needs to know this. 

17 minutes ago, NoMan said:

My life is a fail. And I'm gonna take it out on Bob Storm

10 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I also plan on telling Bob how to run his comic business even though he's been in the biz for years selling all kinds of high end books and I've never done a damn thing. 

I've EARNED this right by buying about 500$ worth of X-men books from him. 

Now I can fully understand why your wife yells at you.  :baiting:  lol

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:
4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now I can fully understand why your wife yells at you.  :baiting:  lol

She's a redhead looker, Lou. Seriously. Not sure why she married me. I think she may have mental problems. 

Gotta watch out for those redheads as they are no dummies after all.  hm

She's probably really after all of your books and that's her real end game.  :devil:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Gotta watch out for those redheads as they are no dummies after all.  hm

She's probably really after all of your books and that's her real end game.  :devil:

She does encourage me to get the books I want. Curious now that you mention it. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Likewise, I just bought some books from Bob and he warned me that it would take a while to ship because books were at various conventions and had to be pulled in addition to his hectic travel schedule. Even though I told him it was no problem and ship them when he could, I'm still going to call everyday and demand my books. I'm going to call several times a day in fact. I'm not going to stop calling until I have my books. Each call will be angrier then the last. I'm a SERIOUS COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR and the everyone needs to know this. 

I can't really tell if this is serious or is some remarkable way of me getting punked.  If I'm being punked, it's well done.  

But "Bob Warned me"  ... "I told him it was no problem"  Each call will be angrier than before". 

I guess that no good deed shall go unpunished should be a new mantra . All I did was to say I was impressed with how hard Bob goes at it and I continue to feel that way.  I handed over my AF 15 to Bob and said "Go sell it".  There's minimal paperwork. I trust Bob and his street reputation is impeccable. Patience is a virtue hard to come by. 

18 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

I can't really tell if this is serious or is some remarkable way of me getting punked.  If I'm being punked, it's well done.  

But "Bob Warned me"  ... "I told him it was no problem"  Each call will be angrier than before". 

I guess that no good deed shall go unpunished should be a new mantra . All I did was to say I was impressed with how hard Bob goes at it and I continue to feel that way.  I handed over my AF 15 to Bob and said "Go sell it".  There's minimal paperwork. I trust Bob and his street reputation is impeccable. Patience is a virtue hard to come by. 

It's a joke. Just kidding around. It's a goof on how in this hobby some go way off the deep-end with their collection, narcism, what-have-you.

Bob's a good guy.

23 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

Can I have your number so I can yell at you until Bob sends my books?

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

The book will sell sooner than later, it'll be fine

Edited by Spiderturtle

30 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

The only that matters now is that its a 7.0 white

Very nice book there, I would be curious if the saturation was messed with on his photo settings. As with all his books they are priced high, but would not surprise me to see this one sell sooner then later. He certainly has the gift of creative writing :p

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

yup

Biggest pet peeve I have with him are the SS books he gets . I guess it is a personal preference but to me a signature added to a 9.8 top census book detracts away from its eye appeal.He has a 121 for sale that is one of the best looking copies I have seen and would have bought it at his absurd asking price without the signature, to each their own I guess.

7 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Biggest pet peeve I have with him are the SS books he gets . I guess it is a personal preference but to me a signature added to a 9.8 top census book detracts away from its eye appeal.

Tell me about it. When I built a 9.8 run of the 1968 Marvel series starters he had them ALL with SS (IMSM 1 9.8 , Cap 100 9.8, Hulk 102 9.8, Iron Man 1 9.8, etc). That really ticked me off and it certainly kept me from buying any of his copies.

As a side note, Pristine was the owner of the Iron Man 1 9.9 , Cap 100 9.9 and IMSM 1 9.9 ( not sure about the Nick Fury 1 9.9 )

Edited by Gotham Kid

17 minutes ago, amazingspiderfan said:

Very nice book there, I would be curious if the saturation was messed with on his photo settings. As with all his books they are priced high, but would not surprise me to see this one sell sooner then later. He certainly has the gift of creative writing :p

Yep, itll sell soon, it was at $130k before the seller pulled the plug on cl

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tell me about it. When I built a 9.8 run of the 1968 Marvel series starters he had them ALL with SS (IMSM 1 9.8 , Cap 100 9.8, Hulk 102 9.8, Iron Man 1 9.8, etc). That really ticked me off and it certainly kept me from buying any of his copies.

As a side note, Pristine was the owner of the Iron Man 1 9.9 , Cap 100 9.9 and IMSM 1 9.9 ( not sure about the Nick Fury 1 9.9 )

That Cap 100 9.9 is quite the copy, Scott @Colorado Comics has it now amidst his unbelievable ASM run, including AF15 9.6,