• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Should I get my Af15 re-holdered to read "page 16 signed by Stan Lee." ?

I have an AF 15 CGC 8.5. About 10 years ago it was in a holder from the other Guys Across The Street before some buyer/seller along the way decided to (probably) press it :198936152_angryemoji: and get it slabbed by CGC. While in the slab from the Across The Street Guys the label read : Page 16 signed "with best wishes - Stan Lee." When slabbed by CGC they did not put this on label. I have done detective work and know person who got it signed and it is indeed signed by Stan Lee at a con in 1984.

I sure as sh*t ain't gonna mail this thing so I would have to fly to Florida. No, I'm not going to be selling this for years and years. So, should I do this?

Edited by NoMan

Amazing this book remains stagnant at around half of what it was selling for a few years ago in all these grades. For my 1st 20 years on the boards AF 15 and Hulk 181 were hyped here as infallible, sure-fire investments. Some were even saying why buy anything else, just load up on multiples of these and forget all else! A lot of those hypesters have left the boards, good.

On 4/25/2024 at 11:53 PM, NoMan said:

Should I get my Af15 re-holdered to read "page 16 signed by Stan Lee." ?

I have an AF 15 CGC 8.5. About 10 years ago it was in a holder from the other Guys Across The Street before some buyer/seller along the way decided to (probably) press it :198936152_angryemoji: and get it slabbed by CGC. While in the slab from the Across The Street Guys the label read : Page 16 signed "with best wishes - Stan Lee." When slabbed by CGC they did not put this on label. I have done detective work and know person who got it signed and it is indeed signed by Stan Lee at a con in 1984.

I sure as sh*t ain't gonna mail this thing so I would have to fly to Florida. No, I'm not going to be selling this for years and years. So, should I do this?

I was reading about CGC acquiring JSA for autograph authentication of cards and was wondering if they might eventually roll out this service for comics. If that ever happens, I wonder if JSA authenticated signatures (like the one on your AF 15) would then become Signature Series books instead of just a note on the label. Having the note on the label would add value in theory (depending on how you try to sell it, if you ever do), but a Signature Series label would add a lot more value. When you get to that point, I would take a mini vacation to FL and fly with it given the high value of the book.