• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Record price for  a blue 6.0

I think so.....but was there not a CGC 5.0 on ComicConnect that went for more when all this intense AF15 buying started a couple of weeks ago. So is it technically a new record for a CGC 6.0 since a lower grade sold for more my guess is yes?

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Record price for  a blue 6.0

Based on how hot AF #15 is and what the CC 5.0 went for it should have gone for $70,000!!1@@#@

I think prices are right where they are supposed to be.  I figured 50-55k for the 6.0 and it was there on the low end.  Definitely not in the stratosphere where the CC auctions ended a couple of months ago.  Still strong support for higher prices for non-MC copies.

8 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I think prices are right where they are supposed to be.  I figured 50-55k for the 6.0 and it was there on the low end.  Definitely not in the stratosphere where the CC auctions ended a couple of months ago.  

Yeah, looks like those CC auctions (if they were even legit) will prove to be the high water mark for anything below 8.0. Why aren't they in GPA anyway? hm

If those prices do prove to be supportable, methinks there will be a lot of copies hitting the market in the next year.

44 minutes ago, drbanner said:

Yeah, looks like those CC auctions (if they were even legit) will prove to be the high water mark for anything below 8.0. Why aren't they in GPA anyway? hm

If those prices do prove to be supportable, methinks there will be a lot of copies hitting the market in the next year.

Are we still talking about those two mid grade copies that sold in the CC auction a while back, as if they had much (or anything) to do with the prices we are seeing now ?  They were but one step in the road....

Again, the market was spiking a year before that auction, beginning with the $450k+ sale of a 9.4.  That's where it started, and higher grade copies have indeed been coming out more regularly since then, and pretty much all have uniformly scored new highs within their respective grades.  

And why aren't the CC sales on GPA yet? Give it a few months, Josh reports manually to them, the data is not automatically extracted as it is through Heritage, eBay, etc.  (thumbsu

-J.

Exactly, those CC auctions are what the OP was referring to and are indeed amazing "fantasy" prices.  No way the market can support those values over the long term, which is why no recent sales have touched them.  (thumbsu

Still, it will be nice to see them in GPA, although I'm not sure who Josh is? (shrug)