• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, drbanner said:

So Jaydog's wrong again? :roflmao:

Yes I meant Vincent.  

Simple error, rather irrelevant in fact, since you still knew who I was talking about, and the process I described he uses in reporting to GPA is in fact, accurate, which was the point of that part of the post now, wasn't it.  

Keep trying though, maybe you'll get me one day.  (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

How does CC's 3 month time payment plan play into the AF 15 scenario?

Could a winner/buyer put the book up for auction after borrowing money for the down payment?

Can the winner/buyer get an extension and pay an interest rate after the three month period? A fixed time period with a balloon payment at the end?

Very interesting to see if these wins result in completed sales within a period immediately following the auction's closing? 

Edited by bronze johnny

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The nice Heritage CGC 4.0 copy just sold for $35,850. Record price me thinks?

Damn!  It seems crazy to pay that when 4.0s were selling for about 1/3 of that as recently as a couple of years ago.  Has anything much changed in the past two years other than a lot of people convincing themselves that it's impossible to lose money buying an AF 15?  I guess the winner figures that in a few years, he can sell it for $70K.  Any maybe he will! :)

Anything is possible with AF 15.  Sky's the limit.  I wasn't surprised that there would be a price increase, but was quite shocked at the levels AF 15 have been selling recently for non-chipped copies.  Those who have a copy are jumping for joy right now..  So, are these crazy prices the new price point for copies?  We thought that the CC copies were outliers and have a chance at an upgrade if pressed, but after the copy on HA, it seems like the effect is trickling down to other venues. 

Oh, and I don't think the 4.0 is upgradeable..

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Damn!  It seems crazy to pay that when 4.0s were selling for about 1/3 of that as recently as a couple of years ago.  Has anything much changed in the past two years other than a lot of people convincing themselves that it's impossible to lose money buying an AF 15?  I guess the winner figures that in a few years, he can sell it for $70K.  Any maybe he will! :)

:flipbait:  ^^   :idea:   :banana:

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

wow so a 4.0 that looks great for grade  sells for 38.5k, but in the same auction a 6.0 that looks maybe over graded sells 50k+. What to make of that.

The way a comic book looks is an important determinant of the willingness of prospective buyers to buy it?

3 minutes ago, namisgr said:
6 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

wow so a 4.0 that looks great for grade  sells for 38.5k, but in the same auction a 6.0 that looks maybe over graded sells 50k+. What to make of that.

The way a comic book looks is an important determinant of the willingness of prospective buyers to buy it?

Grade/PQ meaningless, what the front image looks like is all the value?

21 minutes ago, namisgr said:

16 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Grade/PQ meaningless, what the front image looks like is all the value?

That's a really strong price on the 4.0...a bit too strong. Perhaps strong eye appeal 4.0 copies are narrowing in price between the grades of 4-6 range.  Wonder if this trend will continue or the others grades 5-6 will follow.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

22 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Those are terrific questions.

What is most clear is that logic has left the markets.

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Those are terrific questions.

What is most clear is that logic has left the markets.

I think there's a misplaced tendency to treat slabbed copies of AF15 as if they're shares of a stock.  Compared to shares traded on the major US exchanges, in which tens of thousands or more change hands every day, copies of AF15 are very, very sparsely traded.  As a consequence, there's liable to be a lot of sale to sale variability in the AF15 market, compared with the stock market, and to expect the comic to show singular pricing trends over very small numbers of sales isn't sensible.

Edited by namisgr

This feels like a practical joke. I started the hunt for a 4.0 in February when prices were around $17k (or somewhere around there, who knows anymore). In less than three months, it's basically doubled.

I have a 1.0. Glad I got it when I did. I was hoping to get a better lookingcopy because mine is very dark. Boo!

Spidey is taking leaps and bonds....great book/story, great cover and great superhero!! Hulk 1 now seems really cheap compared to AF15 in CGC 0.5 to CGC 6.0.....the big green is taking a back seat.

Edited by SC22

5 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I think there's a misplaced tendency to treat slabbed copies of AF15 as if they're shares of a stock.  Compared to shares traded on the major US exchanges, in which tens of thousands or more change hands every day, copies of AF15 are very, very sparsely traded.  As a consequence, there's liable to be a lot of sale to sale variability in the AF15 market, compared with the stock market, and to expect the comic to show singular pricing trends over very small numbers of sales isn't sensible.

It was more or less a sensibly priced hobby in that regard (in regards to pricing differences) until recently.

The current volatility is unprecedented. That in my opinion is because logic is not involved in the decision making process any longer.

10 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

It was more or less a sensibly priced hobby in that regard (in regards to pricing differences) until recently.

The current volatility is unprecedented. That in my opinion is because logic is not involved in the decision making process any longer.

Maybe just maybe people love Spidey and don't mind paying the price to own a copy of AF15.....emotions and love for a superhero are also a good thing for a hobby not just the money.....both sometimes go hand in hand and that is why some books are Iconic. When you love something you generally don't mind paying the price as long as you have the funds of course.

Edited by SC22