• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Hulk #1 only really pulled back in lower grades and I believe it did so because there was a sharp rise and a lot of copies hit the market to cash in.

In higher grades it continued to climb, with the exception of the 9.0 copy that sold at Clink in auction. That copy was sold because I believe someone wanted to cash out and whenever a book comes back to market quickly it scares of some bidders (just like the AF #15 Voldemart 8.5 that came back as a CGC 8.5). Had he held it for a couple of years it wouldn't have sold that cheap.

I won the Clink Hulk #1 CGC 9.0 for a customer and that book is not going to sell that cheap again, if it comes back to market at all.

Congrats on the purchase of the H1 9.0 for your customer...a terrific price point for this book in this grade. H1 in low grades have been steadily climbing and high grades has been performing well. The Heritage 8.0 last sold for 89K a few months ago and probably will sell over 100K now, so 230K for the 9.0 was a good deal. I agree, currently with no Hulk 1 in 9.0+ in the market, prices will hold and will rise.  Peewee22 AF15 8.0 and my AF15 8.0 is currently going no where, so you can assume a few less 8.0's will be offered to the market or at least the better eye appeal two-8.0's out there.

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

In higher grades it continued to climb, with the exception of the 9.0 copy that sold at Clink in auction. That copy was sold because I believe someone wanted to cash out and whenever a book comes back to market quickly it scares of some bidders (just like the AF #15 Voldemart 8.5 that came back as a CGC 8.5). Had he held it for a couple of years it wouldn't have sold that cheap.

Not the same thing since it sounds as though the price for 9.0 copy of Hulk 1 went down when it came back to market so soon.  :tonofbricks:

With the 8.5 graded copy of AF 15, it ended up selling for double what the purchaser had paid for it 6 months earlier, which indicates to me that he more than made out alright on the sale in such a short period of time.  :flipbait:

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not the same thing since it sounds as though the price for 9.0 copy of Hulk 1 went down when it came back to market so soon.  :tonofbricks:

With the 8.5 graded copy of AF 15, it ended up selling for double what the purchaser had paid for it 6 months earlier, which indicates to me that he more than made out alright on the sale in such a short period of time.  :flipbait:

There are plenty of examples throughout the hobby's history where books that have come back to market soon have gone cheaper than expected only for people to realize that they should  have bid more after the auction.

The Gary Keller books, the Marvel #1 Pay Copy, etc.

The AF #15 8.5 owner did make out fine but if it was a fresh to market 8.5 I believe it may have done better. Looking down the road it won't matter and I think the buyer did extremely well with it.

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

There are plenty of examples throughout the hobby's history where books that have come back to market soon have gone cheaper than expected only for people to realize that they should  have bid more after the auction.

The Gary Keller books, the Marvel #1 Pay Copy, etc.

The AF #15 8.5 owner did make out fine but if it was a fresh to market 8.5 I believe it may have done better. Looking down the road it won't matter and I think the buyer did extremely well with it.

The AF15 8.5 was sold during the time when the book has not exploded in price tremendously. There were no real FMV value for the book established in the 8.0+, except a few stale GPA data or Comiclink sales.  I had an estimated around at least 150K for this 8.5 copy and it ultimately ended at 155K. Also, keep in mind when the first Comiclink AF15 8.0 came to the market, many folks had an estimate of 110-125K. I had early estimate at 125k+ and anything can happen in this silly market. As AF15 became a higher demanded book during that time before the auction ended. I had a high estimate of 200K, and the 261K blew my high end estimate out of the water. True in some cases, if a book is at auction more quickly or re-sold to quickly...prices will be weaker or not as strong....unless purchased less than FMV the first time around.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

15 minutes ago, merja01 said:

Thanks. Im selling it on ebay, but i dont think i want too. 

That's a gorgeous 3.0. Think long before you sell it. Hard to replace that 3.0. Many are chipped, creased, etc. Perfect registration.

Edited by peewee22

3 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

The AF15 8.5 was sold during the time when the book has not exploded in price tremendously. There were no real FMV value for the book established in the 8.0+, except a few stale GPA data or Comiclink sales.  I had an estimated around at least 150K for this 8.5 copy and it ultimately ended at 155K.

There were precedents but they weren't all public.

I think that if the 8.5 had not been to market twice in such a short period of time it would have been stronger as it was a $125K book 4-5 years ago when I was offered a copy.

There are other reasons why but I'm going to stop sharing information that can be used against me in the open market. :wink:

I'll still maintain that the real explosion happened after the March CC auctions and while the 8.0 prices are aggressive, n my books they are  still anomalies at this point even if there were two of them.

3 hours ago, merja01 said:

Thanks. Im selling it on ebay, but i dont think i want too. 

Don't forget it's both Amazing and a fantasy think carefully and good luck. P.S I'm lost for something to do with the number 15 maybe just that it rhyme's with sheen lol.

3 hours ago, merja01 said:

Prices appear to be very high right now. My ask price is kind of, i dont really want to sell it price. It is still cheaper then every other book on there relative to grade. 

Yep, great time to sell. (thumbsu

16 minutes ago, Bigsexy said:

I'm in Canada and can't find it when I search so I presume he has it listed as " doesn't ship internationally " so I need a direct link to view it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Cgc-3-0-no-chipping-/201999913938?hash=item2f082213d2:g:y5QAAOSwHn1ZehcU