• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

First I've heard of a 9.4 selling for > 700k. The sky is the limit on AF15. I'm seeing single pages selling for what low grade copies sold for years ago. Aunt May rocks! :headbang:

Nice!! Now if only another or a few more top SA books would start picking up a bit....seems like nothing else is moving up in the last 2 years.

Edited by SC22

19 hours ago, blazingbob said:

The AF #15 9.2 sign that CGC has at every show was a copy that I personally owned as a collector.  Hurts every time I see it.

Ahhh sweet, sweet royalty checks.   :cloud9:

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Ahhh sweet, sweet royalty checks.   :cloud9:

the one that I found in the wrecking yard actually cost me almost $200.00 dollars but I got a complete differential for a Dodge Power wagon thrown in with the deal. 

12 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Just checked GPA and AF15 9.4 which sold in Heritage in 2016 has now resold in May 2017 for 705K.  A very strong Vintage Comic Market indeed especially for one of the top Blue Chips.  These Blue Chip books continue to get more pricey. 

Nice.   The price spike has now come full circle.  

Now to see whether or not this sale triggers another surge, or if it closes the loop for now, so to speak.

-J.

11 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Now to see whether or not this sale triggers another surge, or if it closes the loop for now, so to speak.

As I've said before, the 9.4 sold for exactly what I thought was FMV in 2016 (and at exactly what Metro was offering publicly for a 9.4 at the time).

The fact that it resold a year later for nearly double just confirms what I've said all along, and that is that the price surge happened earlier this year (was it in March?) with the Metro CC auctions hitting record numbers.

So, i think the last 20+ pages of replies has shown we are off the idea of this being some temporary bubble but more like a dramatic uptick in a price with about a 10% giveback from high water....and its slowly working upward to get that 10% back as we speak with each sale. That sound about right?

23 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

As I've said before, the 9.4 sold for exactly what I thought was FMV in 2016 (and at exactly what Metro was offering publicly for a 9.4 at the time).

The fact that it resold a year later for nearly double just confirms what I've said all along, and that is that the price surge happened earlier this year (was it in March?) with the Metro CC auctions hitting record numbers.

There were many, many other record breaking sales in various grades between the first sale of this 9.4 a year and a half ago, and that comic connect auction you reference from last May, that I have already detailed here in great lengths that disprove your theory on that.  

Sufficeth to say, we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 8/30/2017 at 10:24 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

Just checked GPA and AF15 9.4 which sold in Heritage in 2016 has now resold in May 2017 for 705K.  A very strong Vintage Comic Market indeed especially for one of the top Blue Chips.  These Blue Chip books continue to get more pricey. 

Will we see a 7 figure 9.4 in the near future?

Edited by peewee22

27 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I don't know but 9.4 won't be cheap. So, can we say 9.6 will break the 1.1 mil mark?

What seems to be unrealistic or impossible soon becomes a reality with this book.

Edited by peewee22

There are so many people (even just counting those speaking up on this thread) watching AF 15 sales closely, that I have to think among us we collectively have more data than GPA.  Am I right about that?

Assuming I am, and assuming further that folks on this thread are generally willing to share whatever (public) information they come across, I am wondering if ...

(a) there is a way to submit this information to GPA such that everyone can simply go there to see an even more complete and granular picture of how the market for AF 15 is moving, or

(b) failing that, someone here is willing to compile / curate the data in some publicly accessible form, perhaps even a crowd-sourced form like a Google doc or Wiki page, requiring a public link or other independent corroboration for each observed data point

Just a thought -- not sure if this idea has ever been discussed here before, but it would be pretty cool.

13 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:
14 hours ago, VintageComics said:

There were many, many other record breaking sales in various grades between the first sale of this 9.4 a year and a half ago, and that comic connect auction you reference from last May, that I have already detailed here in great lengths that disprove your theory on that.  

Sufficeth to say, we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. 

As I said, last year's price $450K was already established a year before with Metro's WTB prices. It was not a surprise.

Based on how the market accepted the new prices from the March CC auction (which were a surprise), it was a given that the next 9.4 would go for well over the highest, previous 9.0 or 9.2 sales.

In a year we'll know which one of us was right.  ;-)

On 8/31/2017 at 5:24 AM, showcase22gr1959 said:

Just checked GPA and AF15 9.4 which sold in Heritage in 2016 has now resold in May 2017 for 705K. 

Not a single offer was made on it thru Heritage!? (shrug) So where did it resell ?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-pages/a/7124-91113.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-Thumbnail-022817&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417

Edited by Gotham Kid