• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Ask Lou_Fine,  Ask Jaydogrules and Ask Gator are all available.  Subscription rates vary.

I have a new financial plan anyways. I stand outside of large grocery stores and hand dollar bills to total strangers. It simplies things and saves tons of time, a valuable commodity. 

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:
1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

Well, Jeez, it's only up 20% since March and Mastercard is up 25% in the same time frame, so I see your point. That's of course after respective 10/1 split and a 4/1 split last year. 

MASTERCARD = OVERVALUED

AF #15 = OVERVALUED

Well, isn't both the entire stock market and comic book markets pretty much overvalued at these record high levels?  (shrug)

As my better half has mentioned to me many times before, since I buy and collect stocks similar to how I buy and never sell my comic books, I guess the key is as I had stated before in a previous post:

On 10/20/2017 at 9:53 PM, lou_fine said:

I guess the real trick is to look 5 years down the line and see what will be hot then. 

I was definitely the wrong person to ask when my daughter asked me last weekend if she should sell her cannabis stock since it had already quadrupled from the time she brought it 15 months ago, after going up almost 30% this past month alone.  Looks overvalued and a definite sell if you based it upon past prices, but probably will end up with these current prices being viewed as bargain basement if you take the long term view and look 5 or 10 years down the line.  hm

I suppose that anything can be construed of as over valued. The stock market goes up and it does come down. I think the issue is when you choose to convert theoretical gain into real gain, or loss.  My morgan stanley advisor wants to stick to percentages based in experiential results as to how to own things. She wants me to dump some of the visa and take a profit. I'm not ready yet based on watching what CC companies do. They don't lend money, They shave points on transactions. I like that.  At one point there was a guy in Santa fe who had a bumper sticker on his septic tank truck which said "your S**t is our bread and butter". I appreciated the humorous candor of it.  But as an artist, I just wanted to make things that were beautiful. My collectors wanted to know how much their value had increased. 

If it's really the case that this is a "hobby" as so many claim, It certainly focuses on dollars most of the time as near as I can see. .  I don't see it as a hobby at all. As an artist, I've seen more than enough focus on "Art" as opposed to "Sales" to see the difference. ..    Now, I look out on my well mowed fields as fall comes on so fast with such blinding colors  and I'm fortunate to be content in life. 

3 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:
2 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=749056

heres another af 15 5.5 ow/w might be one of the nicer ones I’ve seen.....no chipping beautiful

Asking $90K?  Seriously?

That's only if you Buy It Now at their BIN price.

It clearly states that they are asking potential buyers to make offers for the book, with the minimum amount set at only $1.   :takeit:

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's only if you Buy It Now at their BIN price.

It clearly states that they are asking potential buyers to make offers for the book, with the minimum amount set at only $1.   :takeit:

Yep, I get it.  Although I've got you beat, I'm willing to pay 10 times as much as your $1.  :p

Having bought my 5.0 earlier this year for much less than that, I suppose it's in my interest for the prices to keep going up.  It bolsters my confidence that I made a good decision and didn't buy right before some kind of price correction.  (I bought mine in July, right around when the new movie was released.  As much as people keep telling me that movie hype was baked in years ago, nonetheless I was a little nervous about my timing, just as I would be slightly nervous about buying a JIM #83 for the next month or so.)

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

I’m curious what’s going to happen to the comic market once the Indian, Chinese, south East Asian, Japanese, etc start hitting these books. I think it’s feasible since the movies are there. I sold a book to someone in the Philippines and know of a buddy who made several deals with someone in Singapore. Could this push af15 and other mega keys further? 

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

I suppose that anything can be construed of as over valued. The stock market goes up and it does come down. I think the issue is when you choose to convert theoretical gain into real gain, or loss.  My morgan stanley advisor wants to stick to percentages based in experiential results as to how to own things. She wants me to dump some of the visa and take a profit. I'm not ready yet based on watching what CC companies do. They don't lend money, They shave points on transactions. I like that.  At one point there was a guy in Santa fe who had a bumper sticker on his septic tank truck which said "your S**t is our bread and butter". I appreciated the humorous candor of it.  But as an artist, I just wanted to make things that were beautiful. My collectors wanted to know how much their value had increased. 

If it's really the case that this is a "hobby" as so many claim, It certainly focuses on dollars most of the time as near as I can see. .  I don't see it as a hobby at all. As an artist, I've seen more than enough focus on "Art" as opposed to "Sales" to see the difference. ..    Now, I look out on my well mowed fields as fall comes on so fast with such blinding colors  and I'm fortunate to be content in life. 

Shhhh,  this is a "hobby".   We just buy and sell books at our costs and don't make any money.  Don't confuse those "Expert" posts as anything else but HYPE - Hope You Paid Enough.   Except for "I'm only curious" the next thing I always hear at shows is "I'm selling books to buy more books".  Funny,  that is what I do and i'm a DEALER.

Edited by blazingbob

Why all this fighting about AF15 just let the book be and the market will set it's value over time as it has always done. And this is coming from me so you guys can do it if I can do it. The book is not rare everyone knows that but the demand is there it is simple math. A lot of people love the SA heroes more than most GA heroes.

The community here does not need to be fighting about it. The book is what it is and right now it's the #1 SA book. So why not just respect it's importance and enjoy Spidey and be grateful he was invented in the 1st place.

Edited by SC22

On 10/21/2017 at 12:53 AM, lou_fine said:

Personally, I am thinking of something outside the traditional box like some of the marijuana stocks as provincial and state governments one by one are starting to legalize this product.  Looks like a potential growing industry just taking its first baby steps as even the leading companies in this field with the widest established distribution channels are currently valued at only one or two billion dollars

From what I have been hearing the cigarette manufacturers and distributors will be making a killing on mj as they have the infrastructure to distribute mj. They also have lots of money and government connections to win the major contracts and licenses.

41 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Why all this fighting about AF15 just let the book be and the market will set it's value over time as it has always done. And this is coming from me so you guys can do it if I can do it. The book is not rare everyone knows that but the demand is there it is simple math. A lot of people love the SA heroes more than most GA heroes.

The community here does not need to be fighting about it. The book is what it is and right now it's the #1 SA book. So why not just respect it's importance and enjoy Spidey and be grateful he was invented in the 1st place.

Agreed.

The considerations to look at are rarely keys such as AF#15 go down in price in this internet age and people would have to stop wanting AF#15 which I can't ever see happening.

An example is I could see people losing interest in certain flavor of the month keys in the silver age,bronze age and copper age,but I could never see people losing interest in Spider-Man.

2 hours ago, BoomCity said:

I’m curious what’s going to happen to the comic market once the Indian, Chinese, south East Asian, Japanese, etc start hitting these books. I think it’s feasible since the movies are there. I sold a book to someone in the Philippines and know of a buddy who made several deals with someone in Singapore. Could this push af15 and other mega keys further? 

I think Pokemon will be the big world wide franchise. Seriously, I deal with a few international clients and all they talk about is Pokemon when we do small talk. A few of these same people said they never watched a Star Wars movie,but they could tell me about how they played Pokemon as a kid, and how Pokemon Go reignited the nostalgic factor with them.

So yeah that Charizard hologram pokemon card will go up. lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

5 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

Oh absolutely. It's why Morgan Stanley raised their target price for it ten days ago by about 20 bucks a share and it has an overweight rating. .

Price <> value.  Price is what you pay, value is what you get.  Most people can't tell the difference anymore, but, you can bet they will learn this lesson in time.

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, isn't both the entire stock market and comic book markets pretty much overvalued at these record high levels?  (shrug)

Just because something is at record highs does not necessarily mean it's overvalued.  But, in this case, yes, you are right. (: