• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

When an auction is within the upper percentile of it's full market value (in this case the book is north of 80% of it's market value) AND there is abnormal activity, then there is a very likely chance of shill bidding.

A book peaking in the open days of the auction is always suspect to me.

+1

Edited by Gotham Kid

"Pro" shill bidders typically operate more discretely.  If the bidder and seller were friends obviously the bid behavior does draw some undesired attention, so if they were working in concert this isn't how the plan is supposed to go.  Though I suppose they could be "amateurs" :)

47 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

In tonight's CC auction:

6.0 (heavily chipped and book looks otherwise over graded)- $42,850

7.0- $107,000

(very large spread for just two grade points in these mid-grade ranges.)

-J.

Do you know the hammer price on the other copies?  There was a nice 4.5 and 2.5

2 minutes ago, Chickenwings said:

Do you know the hammer price on the other copies?  There was a nice 4.5 and 2.5

Unfortunately I forgot to bookmark those.   

Maybe someone else tracked them?

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

24 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

the 4.5 with no chipping or other issues sold for a paltry 26k. i really thought it would go higher. quite a drop from last summer. 

af15-4.5-cc.jpg

I was very surprised as well!  I thought it would end at around $35k..  Looks like a price correction is happening.

2 hours ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

check out this old label cgc 9.6 o/w pages

it is killer!!

That's a great copy of this book. Love the old label goodness. However, I don't understand the point of making this video. The record sale would have been noticed without this video. It's just pure bragging and could be counter productive. Nobody likes to listen to somebody brag. It's obvious Vinnie loves the spotlight.

51 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

That's a great copy of this book. Love the old label goodness. However, I don't understand the point of making this video. The record sale would have been noticed without this video. It's just pure bragging and could be counter productive. Nobody likes to listen to somebody brag. It's obvious Vinnie loves the spotlight.

what about the OA on their wall?

they got some crazy OA- I believe they also have the cover to HOS 92

I find with AF15s low grades meaning 1-2.5 range are seeing great boosts and middle of the pack seems like prices have leveled 3-6.5 range . Just what I notice in auctions I’ve watched . Just when I thought Spidey was out of the spotlight ASM 1s are surging in price . Love this web head !!!

5 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

the 4.5 with no chipping or other issues sold for a paltry 26k. i really thought it would go higher. quite a drop from last summer.

af15-4.5-cc.jpg

No, it's not.  The all time GPA high for this grade is $29,870, which was realized in November, 2017.

Even factoring in that high sale, the price realized on this copy is but $800 below 12 month averages.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

No, it's not.  The all time GPA high for this grade is $29,870, which was realized in November, 2017.

Even factoring in that high sale, the price realized on this copy is but $800 below 12 month averages.

-J.

as has been discussed here at length, GPA does not include results from comiclink, private sales and quite a few other sources. and as has also been discussed ad nauseum, bob storms sold glassmans 5.0 last year for 50k. so yes, this is quite a drop.  it's a mistake to think that GPA is comprehensive. it's a nice resource, but hardly complete. 

38 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

as has been discussed here at length, GPA does not include results from comiclink, private sales and quite a few other sources. and as has also been discussed ad nauseum, bob storms sold glassmans 5.0 last year for 50k. so yes, this is quite a drop.  it's a mistake to think that GPA is comprehensive. it's a nice resource, but hardly complete. 

1+