• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

-1 Not everyone who posts their opinion on this book has a financial agenda, but those who do are usually easy to spot :whistle:

you'd be surprise to know, that publicly certain guys talk the book down(not obvious a lot of time), while privately guy is looking to buy it

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

This should have sold 3-5k more then it did, agreed. Again however its not a stock so anything within 5% of targeted price could just be who showed up this day to bid in the in-between CL auction. There was nothing wrong with that copy. It was a very solid correctly graded presentable Social-Media-Friendly copy of the book.  This was more like 7-10% off high estimates. Does that mean the entire market is coming down though, being off 7% of projected high values?  When you look at GPA (incomplete I know, but not inaccurate just light some data) this would be the third highest price for a book in this grade in ever. If you base it on their trends that 45k seems exactly right, i still think it should be 48k but 45k seems somewhat comparable.

What will be interesting will be to see how this book sells in June/July in convention season.

Last 5.5 sale on GPA $45,410 February 22, 2018.  So this one was well within that ballpark.  (thumbsu

-J.

20 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I have seen that claim made by extensibly knowledgeable people on a nmberNo way there’s 10000 copies out there . No chance 

I have seen that claim made repeatedly by people who seem to know the market far better than I and you could research it right here . I saw at one point an observation made that with this  book there were indeed that many unaccounted for in census by GPA and CGC.    Who really knows?  I did take note of that rather successful guy who bought Action #1 said he got 1,000 copies of Conan #1 and holds them. Again, who Knows? Dump them all and watch supply and demand kick in, the last thing the auction house wants to see. 

If I had a pile of 8.0's I 'd just grin and let them out incredibly slowly. I just had this one dumb AF15 found in a school bus and I've caught endless over what I got for it, apparently all my own fault in a sea of conversation about supply, demand and price while extolling the virtue of the art .  

In actuality, I loved this stuff just for itself. I collected this stuff for a long time and loved it all. The fact that I got this end reward and my boy got a down payment on a house was worth the flak and the sale.  

When I think about the panic attacks I had when I bought mine (paid for what I thought was a "1.25") and then when I had Chandler get it SS'd where it came home a 1.8...

lol I'd empty my retirement accounts to repeat that!-)

12 hours ago, lhcomics said:

So I gave this comic 1 (small) shot to sell at C2E2. Now it's mine after having a decent selling weekend.

5acc24870bd76_AF15CGC5.thumb.jpg.d36e9fa2278f386a34ca41825c8c0a0a.jpg

5acc248bd61e9_AF15CGCbc.thumb.jpg.dd6593866ed4fd065a3a7eb131d16a6b.jpg

I see why it’s a 5.0, the creasing on the left of the front cover. But hot damn that is one clean and gorgeous 5.0!

Edited by LDarkseid1