• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

perhaps i'm wrong, but we won't know if this sold for 345K if it does sell, right?

That seems a huge amount for an 8.0. Wishful thinking, IMHO

It's actually not that crazy. The 9.0 (was it Curator?) sold for $566K on Clink. I do believe another 9.0 sold privately for over $500K

And 8.0 was a $200-260K book 4 years ago. In light of that info, $345K is a lot but it's not outlandish considering the book is likely worth well over the 2017 prices we saw.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

It's actually not that crazy. The 9.0 (was it Curator?) sold for $566K on Clink. I do believe another 9.0 sold privately for over $500K

And 8.0 was a $200-260K book 4 years ago. In light of that info, $345K is a lot but it's not outlandish considering the book is likely worth well over the 2017 prices we saw.

Greg Reece sold a 9.0 earlier this year (do not know if at FULL 475K BIN or some discount was applied)

AF-15-CGC-9.0-FRONT-TAKE-5.jpeg

image.thumb.png.43073d4886cc349190e1729323dd3b11.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Could be wrong, don't think an 8.0 was a 200k-260k 4 years ago. But like I said, could be wrong, I usually am

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Could be wrong, don't think an 8.0 was a 200k-260k 4 years ago. But like I said, could be wrong, I usually am

Roy (VintageComics) is correct. The 8.0s started with a $250k sale a few years ago. It trended in the 220k-ish area for a couple of years. Can an 8.0 sell for $345? I think it could.

7 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Roy (VintageComics) is correct. The 8.0s started with a $250k sale a few years ago. It trended in the 220k-ish area for a couple of years. Can an 8.0 sell for $345? I think it could.

I remember the 8.0 for 250k (I think). It was about one a half to two years ago. Don't think it was 4 years ago. Seems like I'm splitting hairs but just trying to get a correct timeline on this 100-grand stuff.  Based on a personal purchase made in 2017, I can guarantee an 8.0 didn't sell for 250k four years ago (according to Vintage)

Just now, NoMan said:

I remember the 8.0 for 250k (I think). It was about one a half to two years ago. Don't think it was 4 years ago. Seems like I'm splitting hairs but just trying to get a correct timeline on this 100-grand stuff.  Based on a personal purchase made in 2017, I can guarantee an 8.0 didn't sell for 250k four years ago (according to Vintage)

You know what, perhaps the 8.0 did sell for 250k in fall 2017. My purchase was in Spring 2017 and they weren't selling for that then.

Edited by NoMan

8 hours ago, NoMan said:
8 hours ago, peewee22 said:

During the summer of 2017 there was a surge in AF #15 prices and we were all shocked. They doubled and tripled in one auction (Comic Connect) and 3 books in particular went for record money.

There was a 4.5 that went for mid $30's and a 5.0 that went for $57K (can't remember the 3rd copy)

Then Clink (IIRC) sold an 8.0 copy for $261K or something like that. A few other 8.0 copies came to the market after that and they went for about $200-220ish.

I also sold a 7.5 for a boardie for $175K during this period.

Reece's recent 9.0 copy I had forgotten about but that must have sold, and I also heard of several other really high grade copies (9.4+) started changing hands as well.

There was a slight pullback (as there always is) and it looks like the climb has begun again.

I'm not saying that an 8.0 is worth $345K (only the market can decide that) but I'm saying in light of recent sales it really doesn't seem like a strange number when everything else is kept in context.

Edited by VintageComics

Just now, VintageComics said:

During the summer of 2017 there was a surge in AF #15 prices and we were all shocked. They doubled and tripled in one auction (Comic Connect) and 3 books in particular went for record money.

There was a 4.5 that went for mid $30's and a 5.0 that went for $57K (can't remember the 3rd copy)

Then Clink (IIRC) sold an 8.0 copy for $261K or something like that. A few other 8.0 copies came to the market after that and they went for about $200-220ish.

I also sold a 7.5 for a boardie for $175K during this period.

Reece's recent 9.0 copy I had forgotten about but that must have sold, and I also heard of several other really high grade copies (9.4+) started changing hands as well.

There was a slight pullback (as there always is) and it looks like the climb has begun again.

I'm not saying that an 8.0 is worth $345K (only the market can decide that) but I'm saying in light of recent sales it really doesn't seem like a strange number when everything else is kept in context.

Yeah, in the summer it went nuts. My purchase was in Jan/Feb 2017

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

According to my sales records, CL sold two CVA 8.0 copies for $261k in May and $235k in July.  Not sure if they were the same copies.

They weren't the same copies. There were also a few other copies that sold cheaper in 2018 and 2019.

14 hours ago, Gman65NJ said:

“My” 8.0 AF 15 just got a buyout offer for $230k on Rally Rd.

47A6B25F-8340-480C-B112-4019569ADB38.png

I’m sure you’re happy with the return but are you happy with the price?  If it is a $340,000 book “yours”seems like a bargain.