• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Here is a new addition that gets me back into the Showcase club. I passed on it raw for just a bit less than what I paid for it graded which was nice. lol

Sweet kimik! I love copies in this grade, especially when they look that good.

Any guesses where this ends up? I was thinking 5-6k

Showcase 34 9.2 OW to W

None on GPA, but look at those 9.4's, wow!

Definitely a good bet it ends somewhere between $4 - 6k, but who knows with the new TV show that was announced.

SC34 is really rare in HG with that beautiful orange cover... :cloud9:

I'm thinking it will be had for 7-9K.

Showcase 34 9.2 OW to W

I think at least 5k but could go way higher. Not a lot of data to go on. That being said the owner picked a pretty good time to sell the book I think.

Looks 9.0ish to me.

Maybe, but not everyone bidding on it will be looking at the book. ;)

I'm happy with my 7.5, bought with hard work and bottle returns.

Showcase 34 9.2 OW to W

I think at least 5k but could go way higher. Not a lot of data to go on. That being said the owner picked a pretty good time to sell the book I think.

Looks 9.0ish to me.

Maybe, but not everyone bidding on it will be looking at the book. ;)

I'm happy with my 7.5, bought with hard work and bottle returns.

I have a 7.5 too (thumbs u

I wanted to upgrade, but with Atom getting series time, and talk of his own series... it's probably impossible now.

Btw. just looked at GPA. The book is pretty scarce so not a lot of data in any grade. However for example in 6.0 prices have doubled from 2013 to now. And there are no 9.2s on record. There are a couple of 9.4 sales for 9K + but from 2004 and 2005! Today prices I think would be much much higher on those. I more and more think the 9.2 will head towards 9K maybe more.

My gut tells me a couple crazy bidders may shoot the book into the 10k range, but I also feel this auction cycle is so stacked we may see a lot of stuff not realize its full potential.

Yes, I can easily see that happening too. And I could see it go up from there too in years to come. But then again I think Atom is one of the most interesting and deep super-heroes that DC has. And that cover is one of the top ones in the hobby as far as I'm concerned. So anyway - but will super-interesting to see where this beautiful 9.2 ends. Not many SC34 9.2 or above have been for sale the last decade.

Atom covers are Incredible, right up there with Hawkman. I've seen original cover art for these titles selling for 5 digits after the dollar-sign. Only Spider-Man and maybe Thor covers can compare, IMHO. Most SA Marvel covers are very busy, whereas DC's have good composition, again, in my opinion.

Atom covers are Incredible, right up there with Hawkman. I've seen original cover art for these titles selling for 5 digits after the dollar-sign. Only Spider-Man and maybe Thor covers can compare, IMHO. Most SA Marvel covers are very busy, whereas DC's have good composition, again, in my opinion.

Completely agree. Only slight correction I would do would be " ...are incredible, perhaps slightly above Hawkman covers even. I've seen ..."

(thumbs u

And especially SC34... I like many of the other ones too... like Atom 7, 40, and 42!

But even among the many other great ones... I do think SC34 stands out.

And I also agree that Thor has some great covers as well as Spider-Man.. but also Some Fantastic Four's and JLAs (especially the early SA JLA's are great imo).

Edited by AlexanderM

FF does have some gems too. I didn't include the pre-code Marvels either which I think rival the DC science-fiction titles.

But yeah, Showcase #34's cover is awesome, as is #35 & 36's.

The Legends trailer for the pilot episode looked fantastic. The Metal Men have to be on the future slate for a movie or TV.

Yes it did (thumbs u

From your finger-tips to gods twitter account :wishluck:

Showcase has become the Rosetta Stone for TV concepts :banana:

I won the SC 17 5.5 on the bay today. Only 6 more books to complete my set. :acclaim:

Nice book. I saw that book in hand. I was really tempted as this book doesn't come up for sale very often but I decided to behave. I'm glad you got it !

I won the SC 17 5.5 on the bay today. Only 6 more books to complete my set. :acclaim:

Congrads Sam! I was looking at that book wondering if you'd go for it and prevail. Glad you did (thumbs u

Congratulations, nice pick !! :golfclap:

I don't know if I am the only one seeing this, but it seems there is a nice competition between our fellow boardies Sam and Roulette lately...

;)

Actually, they did not let very much opportunities for the common collector I am...

lol

Don't count me out, I'm not out of the race yet! :preach:

The last 2 books I need for my 1-64 set are marked "Graded" on CGC's order status.

I should have them before the weekend :wishluck:

Then I decide do I want to tackle the 65-104 set.