• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Very nice Bob. I'm jealous of yours and others showcase run. (worship)

You needn't be with what I see in your signature (:

:) I have more not display ;) I have one book you collect you would love to see.

. . . and so, where is it :taptaptap:

GA WW. :gossip:

Very nice Bob. I'm jealous of yours and others showcase run. (worship)

You needn't be with what I see in your signature (:

:) I have more not display ;) I have one book you collect you would love to see.

. . . and so, where is it :taptaptap:

GA WW. :gossip:

Va-va-va-voom (worship)

Here's mine, its colors are not quite as deep as Sammy's looks.

SC20c_zps5b849626.jpg

Bob, I don't remember seeing it, but you must have a nice copy.

:acclaim: Another great looking copy ! I am envious, I don't have a copy. In my lifetime I only had one low grade copy. It's really a tough book to find.

A few hours from CGC awards timeline, a fantastic ending...

And the Showcase stocks of usual dealers are now completly emptied...

;)

This has been a great year for Showcase. Next year promises to be even better :applause:

A few hours from CGC awards timeline, a fantastic ending...

And the Showcase stocks of usual dealers are now completly emptied...

;)

This has been a great year for Showcase. Next year promises to be even better :applause:

+1

Here is my 20 fresh out of the box.

SHOWCASE%2020%20OW%207_0%20FRONT_zpsozvpb37c.jpg

(thumbs u Wow, an incredible book ! Congrats.

Don't know anything about Registry but I do know that's one heckava copy of an underrated book. Always enjoyed reading Rip Hunter when I was a kid. I did manage to save my copies of 1-12 and I'll have to post them in a Rip Hunter thread..

(worship)

Hats off to Joey for back to back finishes. :applause::applause:

At least I made it interesting. (thumbs u

Thanks to both of you, it made the registry more interesting that it has been for years ! ;)

Well, there is nothing left to buy now for others Showcase collectors but it was really fun !

:)

Congratulations to Joey :golfclap:

Hats off to Joey for back to back 1st place finishes. :applause::applause:

At least I made it interesting. (thumbs u

You two made this years registry of competitive sets very interesting and fun (thumbs u

. . . It's going to be interesting to see what have you guys have in store for next year ;)

Thanks to both of you, it made the registry more interesting that it has been for years ! ;)

Well, there is nothing left to buy now for others Showcase collectors but it was really fun !

:)

Thanks BPLZ! I am glad to hear that others enjoy the chase just as much as I do.

As far as finding books, that is part of the beauty of this set. I really gotta kick some rocks over this year in order to complete a 100% run. And of course, pick up any upgrades I can find/afford too along the way.

:acclaim:

Chris narrowed the gap a ton between the sets, for sure! TeddieMercede still gets the real winner's nod, but all in good fun.

My SC20 is a 7.0 as well, and it's just super hard to find better. I do have a few undercopies as well.

As for the showcase run, i'm waiting for a bunch of slabs still, I do have the entire run, but need to get back some slabs and upgrade others!

I really want to upgrade the 8,13,14 (currently cgc 5.5,6.0,6.0), but did find a beautiful 80 recently!

Next year, I want the superman 1-423 run lol (yeah right). #2 might be possible, but the dentist's set is so freaking sick (and with the #1 not even slabbed), makes my head spin!!

Thanks guys, always fun!

Joey