• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Nice book, at a glance, and no BC scan, it looks to be 7.0ish. Pages look nice also. Congrats.

Thanks! I added the back cover scans.

I got this from Collectors_Comics on eBay, who I believe have had some criticisms lobbed their way. I don't know if they are justified, this was my first purchase from them - so hopefully no surprises. There's a very light stain on the top-right back cover.

That stain will probably keep it lower than 7.0 . Still a nice book.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'd be happy with a 6.0 or better. It's a very sharp copy, flat and glossy. Definitely close. The stain I recall is on on the back cover and doesn't extend inside, but I'll have to look at it again in daylight to be sure. I just popped it out and took a good quick look - these scans aren't even mine, they are the sellers.

You'll get there. You got most of the hard books out of the way. I'd be looking to get a #22 before it decides to rebound in price. The last time that book had a run it costs me a bundle and I bought 2 :cry:

Maybe I'll break up my registry set and let you and Joey battle it out over the spoils.

That could be fun :devil:

No worries, Joey. I love the fellow collectors this set has allowed me to meet both in person and on the boards. Boba, on top of 22 I still need a 1,3, and 17, which never seem to come up for sale in decent grade.

It's a GREAT time to have Showcases :banana:

I did a little dance when I heard this new last night :whee:

It's great how one title is being tapped for so many shows.

Can Challengers be far behind hm

That's sweet! Better get on it before Arrow brings Solomon Grundy back as the monster!

I've always had a special love of those 2 Showcases. Extraordinary covers on both, but especially the 55 :luhv: