• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The first Avengers movie.

32 posts in this topic

i did like the woman in the skin tight rubber suit

Uma Thurman

Sounds appealing.

Just tried to watch that one again.

It's even worse than it was in '98. :P

Are we talking Kill Bill #1 here? That was an awesome, albeit silly, movie. Love me some Uma with a sword. Or any other way.

The Avengers

I got lost somewhere. ???? Uma Thurman was not in the Avengers movie. Did you mean Cobie Smulders? She is awesome in leather. Or out of it I think.

The "John Steed and Emma Peel" Avengers from TV

The wife and I are leaving in 20 minutes, to see the Lone Survivor movie. I saw an interview of the real Lone Survivor that the movie is based on. He tore the interviewer a new one. When the interviewer (on CNN) stated that his buddies died senselessly.

Just got back from watching the Lone Survivor. I wish I had not gone to see it.

Not that it is a bad movie. It is a very good movie. But at the end of it, I and my wife were crying. It depressed me.

I know that I am very patriotic. Overly patriotic. No need to point that out to me. But being an eight year veteran of the Marine Corps, with the first four years having been done in the infantry. And having served a short time in the Navy. This kind of stuff bothers me a lot.

I also know this. I am familiar with the training that Navy Seals go through. Mostly from documentaries and a very small amount of actually seeing some of it. I tell you honestly. There is no way that I could have completed their training course. I could not have even come close. Even when I was at my best.

I believe I could have passed the training to be in the Marine Corps Force Recon. Which is often compared to being a Navy Seal. I watched them train often, and considered trying it. But felt that they seemed a little brainwashed and not too bright, so I did not. But it is not as tough as Navy Seal training.

One last point. The Seal this movie is mostly about,is Marcus Lattrell. He was the Lone Survivor of Operation Red Wing. He stated a couple of interesting points in an interview recently. The first being that he simply "got lucky". The second being that this movie could not be more realistic to what actually happened, unless they actually killed people in front of the movie cameras.

I have watched The Avengers at least 10 times now myself (home on the big screen and on a plane with my iPad mini). Each time I enjoy it.

Sure, there are cheesy parts and it's not perfect but it's so fun. You can't please everyone but I thought the movie was great.

Check out the other DVD/Blu Ray extras. Fun stuff.

And, I thought Thor 2 was great.

Avengers 2 is building up to be awesome (I hope)

The wife and I are leaving in 20 minutes, to see the Lone Survivor movie. I saw an interview of the real Lone Survivor that the movie is based on. He tore the interviewer a new one. When the interviewer (on CNN) stated that his buddies died senselessly.

Just got back from watching the Lone Survivor. I wish I had not gone to see it.

Not that it is a bad movie. It is a very good movie. But at the end of it, I and my wife were crying. It depressed me.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm waiting for it to go to DVD for that exact reason. Still can't re-watch Black Hawk Down.

Iron Man was a better film for me, the didn't enjoy a good portion of the Avengers, mainly the first hour or so. I thought the invisible hover ship was the worst part though and we nearly walked out. The final 1/3 was great though, very enjoyable and took away alot of bad taste for me. Chris Evans was terrible, Captain America shouldn't be the weak link.

Well thats not too difficult to understand. Cinematically, Iron Man is Marvel's best. The Avengers is so popular, in my opinion, because they made a "fun for the whole family" movie and they made it well....like, ridiculously well.