• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Comics 3

200 posts in this topic

I considered it. I was wondering how much restoration it would take to make the copy look presentable...

I had one in similar condition, although it had corner missing, and it ran close to $2k. This one doesn't need any pieces added, just a good cleaning and spine reinforcement, so maybe $1k?

What level of restoration (I assume extensive rather than moderate), and what was the apparent grade in the end?

It was pretty extensive, and graded 7.0

And it had a wee bit more then a "corner missing " Andrew!! :P

I know where the Central Valley copy has been residing.

Ben what's the grade on that one? White pages I'm assuming ?

5.5 and yea white pages.

I remember Brian Peets showing me that copy at a Wonder Con several years ago. Beautiful book, brought down in grade by a spine split.

fantastic3church_zpsc7f08733.jpg

Better?....oh obtained almost exactly 20 years ago with the rest of the run......

Simply Fantastic.

:golfclap:

"two more of #3" - larson and church leaving aside hyper technical attributes of the MH, the Larson is the nicer book to me due to the fact that the registration of the cover beats the Church....and those white larson pages

144302.jpg.6d9c881c1752efb5ffb94cfdc782d2db.jpg

144304.jpg.2518f84676f29f6d3c10d7e2b15fe0ef.jpg

5.5 and yea white pages.

I remember Brian Peets showing me that copy at a Wonder Con several years ago. Beautiful book, brought down in grade by a spine split.

absolutely correct

fantastic3church_zpsc7f08733.jpg

Better?....oh obtained almost exactly 20 years ago with the rest of the run......

Simply Fantastic.

:golfclap:

Yeah, that's a thing of beauty.

Absolutely.

5.5 and yea white pages.

I bet it would fantastic in a mylar. Love those Central Valley copies and their white pages. :cloud9:

5.5 and yea white pages.

I bet it would fantastic in a mylar. Love those Central Valley copies and their white pages. :cloud9:

you are the Mylar King Peter :)

5.5 and yea white pages.

Me too, Andy (though it was raw at SDCC quite some time ago).

5.5 and yea white pages.

Me too, Andy (though it was raw at SDCC quite some time ago).

STEVE :)

5.5 and yea white pages.

you are the Mylar King Peter :)

No there is only one King. :roflmao: And besides that would probably be Adamstrange's title. But I tell you there is nothing like having stacks of nice books in mylars compared to sitting in those plastic coffins.

I considered it. I was wondering how much restoration it would take to make the copy look presentable...

I had one in similar condition, although it had corner missing, and it ran close to $2k. This one doesn't need any pieces added, just a good cleaning and spine reinforcement, so maybe $1k?

What level of restoration (I assume extensive rather than moderate), and what was the apparent grade in the end?

Sorry, just saw this! Moderate to extensive. Not sure of the final grade, but the eye appeal is in the 9.0 range.