• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coppers to buy before they explode

455 posts in this topic

So maybe we can get a list going for this and we can all add to it? I've read like 5 pages so far and there's really no talks about specific books.

I thinks X-men 221 could have some potential, First Mr Sinister plus it's a nice Silvestri piece. I thinks its a Copper :shrug:

Realized Xmen 221 was already listed on the first page, the first couple pages are fine, but towards the end we went off course here. Difficult to keep these threads on track

There's a serious thread about that . . . :gossip:

You want some really good cool books for dirt cheap?

Doom Patrol #19-50. It is EXCELLENT, especially if you like weird. I just re-read #19-23 a few months ago, and it still holds up. It is outstanding, and cheap as hell.

Animal Man #1-26. Cheap as hell, and some of the best books of the late 80's, on par with anything anyone else was doing (including Sandman.)

Hulk #331-400. Most issues dirt cheap, and one of the most compelling super hero stories out there.

Groo #1-8, Special #1, Marvel #1-120, etc. Cheap, cheap, cheap, and awesome hilarity.

Want more?

Why stop Doom Patrol at 50? (tsk) If you don't go to 63 I'll tell Dorothy to sic the Candlemaker on you.

Doom Patrol #19-50. It is EXCELLENT, especially if you like weird. I just re-read #19-23 a few months ago, and it still holds up. It is outstanding, and cheap as hell.

Animal Man #1-26. Cheap as hell, and some of the best books of the late 80's, on par with anything anyone else was doing (including Sandman.)

Hulk #331-400. Most issues dirt cheap, and one of the most compelling super hero stories out there.

Groo #1-8, Special #1, Marvel #1-120, etc. Cheap, cheap, cheap, and awesome hilarity.

Want more?

Why stop Doom Patrol at 50? (tsk) If you don't go to 63 I'll tell Dorothy to sic the Candlemaker on you.

:shy:

(it got too weird)

;)

So maybe we can get a list going for this and we can all add to it? I've read like 5 pages so far and there's really no talks about specific books.

I thinks X-men 221 could have some potential, First Mr Sinister plus it's a nice Silvestri piece. I thinks its a Copper :shrug:

Realized Xmen 221 was already listed on the first page, the first couple pages are fine, but towards the end we went off course here. Difficult to keep these threads on track

Thats because as with most of my threads people think they're a joke and go totally off topic

I didn't start this so I can find books for super cheap and flip them

I started it because there are some cool books you can still find for dirt cheap

The book I started this thread with isn't worth anything I just thought it was a cool book

Depending on the shop around sacramento you can find some good books for less than $2 most shops think 99% of the stuff from the late 80's-90's is garbage and sell those books for next to nothing

I got a solid copy of x-Force 116 1st ap of Doop for $2

it would grade in the high 9's the book in 9.8 sells for around $80

Want more?

MOAR!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan of the art on Hulk 331-400, but the story is actually pretty solid

I'm not a fan of the art on Hulk 331-400, but the story is actually pretty solid

doesn't that cover mcfarlaine, purves, keown and frank? i'm not a big fan of the purves stuff and maybe you think mcfarlaine and keown are too stylized (i really like these keown issues though), but frank (it was him, right?) does very tight non-objectionable non-overly stylized work along the lines of a perez and what not.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/new-details-about-2016-film-x-men-apocalypse/1100-148504/

If they follow the comics New Mutants 25/ first Legion could heat up.

Very nice. I have been plucking them out of NM runs at LCSs and collections I picked up as I figured he could be a prominent player at some point.

This is good news for UXM #221 as well.....

doesn't that cover mcfarlaine, purves, keown and frank? i'm not a big fan of the purves stuff and maybe you think mcfarlaine and keown are too stylized (i really like these keown issues though), but frank (it was him, right?) does very tight non-objectionable non-overly stylized work along the lines of a perez and what not.

Gary Frank's art starts with 401, I believe....

Thats because as with most of my threads people think they're a joke and go totally off topic

I didn't start this so I can find books for super cheap and flip them

I started it because there are some cool books you can still find for dirt cheap

The book I started this thread with isn't worth anything I just thought it was a cool book

Depending on the shop around sacramento you can find some good books for less than $2 most shops think 99% of the stuff from the late 80's-90's is garbage and sell those books for next to nothing

I got a solid copy of x-Force 116 1st ap of Doop for $2

it would grade in the high 9's the book in 9.8 sells for around $80

Want more?

MOAR!!!!!!!!

How 'bout some love for Nexus? Great art & writing for a early Copper independent

Frank starts on 403

Frank starts on 403

True, looked it up. He only did the cover for 401.

p

Want more?

That Animal Man run is one of my favorites.

I enjoyed the Keown and Frank eras. Wasn't all that thrilled by Purves.

For me, and just for me, never enjoyed McFarlane Hulks or Purves, although I DO like near every else McFarlane.

I forgot about Keown. I'm bout it.

p

That Animal Man run is one of my favorites.

I've been meaning to read these. I picked up a nice set a few months ago. Uh, and I don't think #1-10 are "Cheap as hell," lol