• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CLUB: Visions of Vision

202 posts in this topic

Here's mine. Bad news is it has some rust and the associated staining. Good news is that it was 5 bucks. One of my all time fav covers.

33mnalj.jpg

can't beat that for five dollars

Just found another one. :whee: I really need to get my collection/hoard organized. This was one of my favorite covers and I used to buy them if they were cheap. You could find them cheap back in the 70s and 80s when I bought these. :grin: Maybe for a couple of dollars or less. I suspect I might have a few more stashed away. I used to buy multiple copies of what I liked. I guess I'm a hoarder at heart.

visions2_zps58d2fd80.jpg

Here's my addition to the club. I had the following comment on another thread, but I believe it applies here too: On a curious side note, anyone ever notice that just 2 or 3 months after DC introduces their super-red faced android the Red Tornado in the Justice League, Marvel brings out their super red-faced android the Vision in the Avengers? Of course as usual, Marvel one ups DC and does it better. (Wish I had a matching 9.6 in the Avengers 57, maybe if I sell the car.....)

nfrcp9H.jpg

I read that too fast and thought it said...

"after DC introduces their super-red faced android the Red Tomato" :boo::facepalm:

Anyhoo, Marvel's Vision Proto-type has been around since 1940, Marvel Mystery Comics #13

I'm in!

One of my favorite covers ever, one of my favorite characters ever. Too bad Byrne permanently ruined Vision in the late 80's, which the character has never recovered from. Vision was once one of Marvel's coolest characters and heavy hitters, all you whipper snappers out there!

:preach:

Uh, anyway. Where were we. Oh, yeah!

Bought this from the OO in 1987 for $10.

av57front.jpg

I have been a member of this club for more than 35 years! :preach:

My first copy came via the worst childhood transaction ever. I really wanted my friend's Avengers #57 so I acquired it for ... Giant-Size X-Men #1! doh!

But, with the Vision gaining in popularity, it isn't that bad of a deal now. I still have it.

ultronvision005_zpsf479486d.jpg

In the mid-1990s I upgraded to this copy.

Avreader57.jpg

About 15 years ago, I wasn't looking to upgrade but found this copy for a reasonable price.

AV57f.jpg

About three years ago, I had it graded and it turned out like this. :banana:

AVCGC57f.jpg

My first copy came via the worst childhood transaction ever. I really wanted my friend's Avengers #57 so I acquired it for ... Giant-Size X-Men #1! doh!

I'm sure a lot of people made trades that they regret. I know I have. Some that I would be deeply ashamed to admit. Don't ask me what I traded for Howard the Duck #1. You just have to move on to better things. Live and learn.

I'm sure a lot of people made trades that they regret. I know I have. Some that I would be deeply ashamed to admit. Don't ask me what I traded for Howard the Duck #1. You just have to move on to better things. Live and learn.

Okay now you have me wondering what you traded for the Duck. Come on spill it. I won't laugh I promise.