• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't a CGC 9.8 off-white pages be more desirable than 9.8 white pages?

233 posts in this topic

For my next thread, I will pick a something that shouldn't cause any more flame wars. It will be how I think comic book pressing isn't restoration. Shouldn't cause any controversy on these boards, right?

Start it tomorrow :gossip:

:wishluck:

And next Friday..."Sig Series books are an abomination..especially pedigrees!" or "What scanner is best for slabs?"

Nope can't happen. mumfio started a thread in 2011 and another in 2014. That means he can't start another one until 2017. :cry:

It's just like cicadas, uncanny.

I like eggs

Chicken was first

nuh-uh!

I know you are but what am I

I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

ya well...

YOUR MOM! Burn!!!!

So's yer face!

(:

-slym

Sure it does, especially when you're taking someone else's opinion as fact in regards to the page quality.

If you don't "take someone else's opinion as fact..." why bother having it graded in the first place? I have some low grade books that I'm willing to sell you at NM prices... IMHO they are 9.8's... so that makes sense right?

Do you understand how they judge the PQ? It's a pretty straightforward process and not a lot of room for interpretation. Is your position that books are routinely not graded correctly in terms of PQ? I believe that is actually the most consistent thing being graded.

:signfunny: ... lol

Indeed. He needs to find something else to believe in.

Having worked in Marketing for 15+ years I believe that color is a very easy thing to determine - and I believe in that.

mmmkay...You have a copy of Detective 173 in front of you to grade. The pages are supple and pretty white-appearing. However, there is a slight sunshadow on the top 1/18th inch of each interior page. The sunshadow area is as supple as the rest of the page. What's the PQ of this book?

I said it would be easy to establish a standard for such situations - I never said that I had done so.

Your grade? D-

Your grade on this post - "D" for deflection.

:popcorn:

-slym

For my next thread, I will pick a something that shouldn't cause any more flame wars. It will be how I think comic book pressing isn't restoration. Shouldn't cause any controversy on these boards, right?

Only as long as you tell all the feeble boardies who disagree that they should go back to their basements and fantasize about male comic book characters.

+1

-slym

For my next thread, I will pick something that shouldn't cause any more flame wars. It will be how I think comic book pressing isn't restoration. Shouldn't cause any controversy on these boards, right?

Only as long as you tell all the feeble boardies who disagree that they should go back to their basements and fantasize about male comic book characters.

Well, that goes without saying.

Years ago, I was on another thread where everybody was against me in ref: to how WWBN #32 was way over priced for a 3rd tier character.

I was right then as more 9.8's have devalued it greatly & I am right now despite what all the trekkie/big bang theory cast rejects that apparently troll this site,say.

You are right where, exactly? In your assumption that a OW/W 9.8 should be more desirable and/or valuable than a W designated 9.8 from CGC?

That's like saying an Olympic sized swimming pool that is only 4 feet deep is better than one 8 feet deep because of how much deeper you could make the 4-footer.

(:

-slym

Years ago, I was on another thread where everybody was against me in ref: to how WWBN #32 was way over priced for a 3rd tier character.

I was right then as more 9.8's have devalued it greatly & I am right now despite what all the trekkie/big bang theory cast rejects that apparently troll this site,say.

You correctly predicted that as more high grade copies came out of the woodwork that prices would drop on a particular issue.

Look out Nostradamus!

I predict the temperature will warm up significantly as we head into summer.

:acclaim:

-slym

You correctly predicted that as more high grade copies came out of the woodwork that prices would drop on a particular issue.

Look out Nostradamus!

If you had read my original thread from year's ago, you would see that wasn't my actual point at all. I asked why should anybody care about MoonKnight's 1st appearance enough to spend thousands of dollars on it. Moon Knight doesn't have any real impact on the comics landscape to warrant $4400 for a 9.8 copy that was sold during that thread being posted. Then yes there is also this idea others had at the time of being rare in that grade, that really is no longer the case.

I also brought up how it wasn't really sought after until Wizard magazine mentioned it & falsely inflated it's value. Not Nostradamus, just sound reasoning.

Look out Nostradamus!

-slym

Look at my previous thread from three years ago & see that practically everyone on the board at the time disagreed with me.You and I think it's obvious now but pretty much everybody 3 years ago on these boards were thinking how dare I think such a thing.

As for everyone who says this is a stupid thread, I can only say to please go back to posting threads about which fictional male superhero you would like to have sex with, all while doing so from your parent's basement where you currently live & have always lived.

hm decisions, decisions

I'm thinking either Luke Cage or Puck

2iqoft4.jpg

"Yeah, so I stuck my finger in the peanut butter AND I like off-white pages. So. meh

Look out Nostradamus!

-slym

Look at my previous thread from three years ago & see that practically everyone on the board at the time disagreed with me.You and I think it's obvious now but pretty much everybody 3 years ago on these boards were thinking how dare I think such a thing.

Wow :facepalm:

As for everyone who says this is a stupid thread, I can only say to please go back to posting threads about which fictional male superhero you would like to have sex with, all while doing so from your parent's basement where you currently live & have always lived.

hm decisions, decisions

2iqoft4.jpg

"Yeah, so I stuck my finger in the peanut butter AND I like off-white pages. So. meh

hm decisions, decisions

:o

(tsk)

Saundra.png

Mine was better! It's risqué, with just a hint of racial stereotyping. :sumo::baiting: