• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 17 -- Now with GRADER NOTES

41 posts in this topic

That's up to you. I always factor in the cost of a book too, but I keep most of my stuff that I slab for my personal collection. Send Joey a P.M. and have him look at it, but that B.C. can definatley be improved. I'd slab it, but that's just my opinion. (thumbs u

Another thing to consider before sending it out is to do a thorough inspection of the interior. You don't want to send it in based on the covers. Do a page count, check for markings, clipped coupons, loose or detached centerfolds, loose staples, page tears, or any staining on the interior pages on the edges or down the centers.

Another thing to consider before sending it out is to do a thorough inspection of the interior. You don't want to send it in based on the covers. Do a page count, check for markings, clipped coupons, loose or detached centerfolds, loose staples, page tears, or any staining on the interior pages on the edges or down the centers.

There is some browning on the outside edge which is more visible on the inside cover and pages. Also, there are a few of what looks like pin holes in a couple of the pages. Not sure if those holes are just part of the original paper

6.5 IMHO! smiley-gen130.gif

The interior pin holes are the result of grabber pulls and are production related and as such have no effect on the grade of any comic book. As for press and clean I agree with DR.X's comments, both of them! Really nice book Red!

Sending the book off to CGC today.

I decided against a press for this one as there are enough minor issues with it that I don't think it will improve the grade. This book looks better than a 6.5 Avengers that I have so I'm confident it will come back a 7.0. We'll see in 4-6 weeks.