• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Enemies Unite Sizzle - Awesome stuff !

118 posts in this topic

I never even watched the second FF movie. Was it as bad as the first one?

It was pretty bad, but pretty cheap too, and I cannot believe the sheer amount of $$$ they pumped into ASM and the turd they produced. My God, I thought the Green Goblin was badly done, but the Lizard was the worst superhero movie villain in history (yes, even worse than the Mandarin).

The second half of the film was pure fake-CGI and looked like a Pixar movie.

No chance of this being a billion dollar movie. The amazing spider man was the weakest grossing of the 4 domestically by 100 million. Worldwide it only did 750 million. I don't see this movie grossing 25% higher and I'm willing to put money where my mouth is. A 100 dollar fmv book says that it doesn't gross 1 billion or more.

No chance of this being a billion dollar movie. The amazing spider man was the weakest grossing of the 4 domestically by 100 million. Worldwide it only did 750 million. I don't see this movie grossing 25% higher and I'm willing to put money where my mouth is. A 100 dollar fmv book says that it doesn't gross 1 billion or more.

I ain't takin' that bet, as most people I talked too absolutely *hated* The Lizard and don't have positive thoughts of the first movie - that's important with sequels, which depend almost entirely on goodwill from the previous movie.

Both of the FF movies were way worse than ASM

Did you not read my comment? Go back and reread it.

As long as they spent more than eight or nine hundred bucks on the FF films, I stand by my assessment.

Rhino is a machine? Ugh.

And everything else about this movie. Ugh.

Critics. Ugh.

It will make a billion dollars and every kid leaving the theater will have a smile on his/her face. I'm glad movie studios don't cater to cynical fanboys over the age of 40. lol

I don't know if it will make a billion dollars - but even 600 million is a plenty successful movie.

Otherwise, +1 to what you say. The trailer makes me want to go see it.

As a Spidey fan, I am hopefully optimistic.

I am concerned about the number of villains as well and I was hoping for a more goblin-y goblin.

Electro looks pretty good.

I don't mind they made the Rhino a guy in more of a mechanized suit...How many "mutated" people can we have? Who knows, Rhino could end up being a very minor role...We just don't know yet.

From the quick snippet, it seems like Andrew is getting very comfortable with the wise-cracking. I liked that bit with Max.

Basically, long story short, when it comes to ASM 2, I'm :wishluck: that it is GOOD.

It will make a billion dollars and every kid leaving the theater will have a smile on his/her face. I'm glad movie studios don't cater to cynical fanboys over the age of 40.

I guess you're no older than 12 or have that same IQ then? (shrug)

No it means a large majority on these boards have been against the reboot since day 1. I like the franchise and I will pay my money to see it. Your entitled to think what you want.

But the spidey haters have already crawled out of the woodwork in many other similar threads so give it a rest already :banana: